Felony Charges Recommended for Derrick Coleman

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with getting high once in a while but the moment you step in a car and endanger others it becomes a major problem. I think he's done as a Seahawk.

Exittium

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2hsxf36r said:
HawkGA":2hsxf36r said:
Refresh my memory, wasn't he driving near Seahawks headquarters at the time? Did he get high there?

Also had a glass pipe with resin in it in the car so I'm guessing he smoked it in there.

Plus a bunch of THC lozenges and edibles found in the car, and a gun clip with 10 rounds in it too.

The cars flipped because he hit a car ahead of him and kept accelerating into it for 250 feet until it flipped over.

Not looking good for him at all.

Edit: here http://deadspin.com/cops-seahawks-fb-de ... 1755079215

:141847_bnono:

He's gone, I guess Tukuafu will be resigned.

Man it actually irks me to think he was putting on just some giant act..

His ass is rolling around with all of those drugs and live ammo (leads me to wonder, was he selling any of it)? ...
His ass can sit behind bars.

Ugh well thats 1 less jersey in my collection. No way do I want a dude that fake, that .. idk im at a loss

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Exittium":2gug3d89 said:
Popeyejones":2gug3d89 said:
HawkGA":2gug3d89 said:
Refresh my memory, wasn't he driving near Seahawks headquarters at the time? Did he get high there?

Also had a glass pipe with resin in it in the car so I'm guessing he smoked it in there.

Plus a bunch of THC lozenges and edibles found in the car, and a gun clip with 10 rounds in it too.

The cars flipped because he hit a car ahead of him and kept accelerating into it for 250 feet until it flipped over.

:141847_bnono:

He's gone, I guess Tukuafu will be resigned.

Man it actually irks me to think he was putting on just some giant act..

His ass is rolling around with all of those drugs and live ammo (leads me to wonder, was he selling any of it)? ...
His ass can sit behind bars.

Ugh well thats 1 less jersey in my collection. No way do I want a dude that fake, that .. idk im at a loss

Tuk was the starter most of the year ( running game picked with him too ) and is more versatile.

Allen supported some gun law last election so that does not help his cause either.

Just a fringe guy and unimportant. IMO he is gone ; sends a message to players as well

RiverDog

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3l7kr1iy said:
Maelstrom787":3l7kr1iy said:
Interestingly enough, he didn't test positive for the substance he acknowledged taking.

I imagine synthetic cannabis is harder to detect on a drug test, which is probably the point.

That said, it's an interesting dilemma for the NFL. You ban weed, so a bunch of 20-somethings turn to this synthetic product, which may be more dangerous but is also harder to detect. This is what Chandler Jones was hospitalized for a week ago.

I don't know. It seems like a pointless fight. A lot of these kids are going to partake in some kind of recreational narcotic, especially if there is a pain relief benefit. These rules are really just forcing them to choose more dangerous options.

My understanding is that they didn't get a blood sample from him until nearly 6 hours after the crash. I've also read where testing for the chemicals that make up synthetic pot is extremely difficult, which probably explains why it isn't covered under the NFL's substance abuse policy.

The physical evidence alone is enough to convict...The wreck itself, the drugs and paraphernalia found in his car, leaving the scene, failing the field sobriety test. This is a classic case of vehicular assault. Coleman is toast.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1mbs8482 said:
High on synthetic marijuana at time of October crash.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seat ... ice-012516

Police have recommended felony charges of vehicular assault and hit-and-run against Seattle Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman for an October car crash after which he acknowledged smoking synthetic marijuana.

The King County Prosecutor's Office confirmed Monday having received the charging recommendations from the Bellevue Police Department.

In the police report, Coleman told police he had smoked "Spice" around 5 p.m. on Oct. 14 and drove somewhere around 5:30 p.m.

Interestingly enough, he didn't test positive for the substance he acknowledged taking.

Drove "somewhere?" Ugh.

He should be charged with a felony. A vehicle is no different than any weapon, and when used to negligently injure others, it should be a felony.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2cw0sk7n said:
HawkGA":2cw0sk7n said:

What he did is on the Aldon Smith level of stupid. See ya DC.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If this what that article states is true, he definitely should be charged and at the very least suspended indefinitely from the team.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
sc85sis":3lbtfj1z said:
If this what that article states is true, he definitely should be charged and at the very least suspended indefinitely from the team.

I believe he is an RFA

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
HawkGA":3f5mskw4 said:
bjornanderson21":3f5mskw4 said:
Marijuana rules. It's time marijuana rules change.

So driving while high should be legal?
Nowhere did i say that. I am actually extremely against impaired driving. I believe drunk/drugged drivers who kill 1 person should spend life in prison, and those who kill multiple people should be executed.

However, illegality has a way of altering the way people consume contraband.

If pot was legal everywhere (but still illegal to drive impaired) and the NFL didn't ban it, there is a greater chance that Coleman would have just had a stash at home and smoked when he got home from practice. There is no guarantee that he would, but the fact that synthetic pot shows up on fewer fests makes it not only beneficial from an NFL drug test standpoint but from a DUI standpoint.

The fact that pot is banned drove him to use something that ALSO makes it easier to get away with DUI.

Law enforcement needs to develop a device to accurately determine if pot has been smoked within the last 3-4 hours and society will be safer and those of us who enjoy pot can continue to do so peacefully

CPHawk

Reaction score
His lawyer is saying the story is all false. I'd say we give this time to play out before throwing Coleman to the curb.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The lawyer has being indicating these charges will be defended from the get go. Coleman was concussed as a result of the accident and did not test positive for synthetic weed.

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Synthetic weed can be tested for but it is a specialized test. If it is not requested to be tested for then it will not show up. If Cole admitted to smoking the substance you would think they would order that specific test, if it wasnt tested for at the time then the police are at fault for not doing so and it would be a big break for Coleman.

Rob12

Reaction score
Everyone deserves a second chance. Hopefully a team picks Coleman up and he can make right again. The part that I don't get is staying on the gas for 250 feet. I mean, are you so jacked out of your mind that you didn't realize you just crushed someone and don't get on the brakes? That's the part that bothers me the most.

dogorama

Reaction score
This sounds like an extremely doable case for an attorney. In the first place everyone makes it sound like synthetic pot is one specific thing. Synthetic pot could be anything that isn't organic pot the either does or does not get you high. As for the admission did he make a statement or was it just spoken? Had he been mirandized? had access to attorney before being questioned? was he delusional from the accident?

On top of that the DA is unlikely to take this in front of a Seahawks crazed jury. It will be pled down and then the opportunistic victim will bleed Coleman for all he's worth in civil court.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":146hlmfl said:
HawkGA":146hlmfl said:

Magazine. It's called a a mag, not a clip.

And no, they're not the same thing or interchangeable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rob12":1c32lsed said:
Everyone deserves a second chance. Hopefully a team picks Coleman up and he can make right again. The part that I don't get is staying on the gas for 250 feet. I mean, are you so jacked out of your mind that you didn't realize you just crushed someone and don't get on the brakes? That's the part that bothers me the most.

Everyone deserves a second chance after he pays for his crime.

Edit: That's assuming that he's found guilty. I'll admit that I may not have heard the entire story.