Feels strange...

BlueTalons

Reaction score
...to be playing a former division rival in the Super Bowl.

Jets-Colts faced off in SB III THEN became division rivals (pre-2002.)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bucs were originally in the AFC West before playing the Raiders (and beating them soundly) in a Super Bowl

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kidhawk":1wne9d6d said:
Bucs were originally in the AFC West before playing the Raiders (and beating them soundly) in a Super Bowl

Yea, but that year, the same year that Seattle started out in the NFC West, isn't nearly as big as decades of being bitter division rivals. It was one year, at the beginning of a horrible first season for them. Not a lot to clash about.

But yea, it does seem strange. And I can't be the only one who would absolutely love seeing the NFL go, "hey, why don't you guys suit up in the same throwback uniforms you wore the last time you played each other in the playoffs?" That would be fantastic.

john_elway_1984_11_25.jpg

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":a3gjfq3s said:
kidhawk":a3gjfq3s said:

Yea, but that year, the same year that Seattle started out in the NFC West, isn't nearly as big as decades of being bitter division rivals. It was one year, at the beginning of a horrible first season for them. Not a lot to clash about.

But yea, it does seem strange. And I can't be the only one who would absolutely love seeing the NFL go, "hey, why don't you guys suit up in the same throwback uniforms you wore the last time you played each other in the playoffs?" That would be fantastic.

I completely agree. I was just pointing out the fact, because I'd actually brought it up in a thread in the NFL forum back in December. It's been on my mind for awhile now that we could possibly win our 1st super bowl against our former division. I actually started considering it when we first got sent back to the NFC, and for me, it amps me up just a little bit more than if it had been the Patriots or some other non-afcwest team.

Latest posts