Fant, Dissly, Parkinson

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I can’t count how many times Geno found a tight end yesterday for a clutch gain but it was beautiful to see. We continue to utilize our tight ends like this, something we lacked against the Rams, and we’ll continue to stack wins. We might have the best tight end group in the league as a unit. Geno had over 160 to the tight ends alone

nanomoz

Reaction score
I hope they can keep Parkinson. He looks like a future all pro a lot of the time.

Generally, the last couple of years, the offense looks better when they use a lot of TEs. The threat of the outside run game opens things up.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I can’t count how many times Geno found a tight end yesterday for a clutch gain but it was beautiful to see. We continue to utilize our tight ends like this, something we lacked against the Rams, and we’ll continue to stack wins. We might have the best tight end group in the league as a unit. Geno had over 160 to the tight ends alone
I never understood, especially with Waldron, why we wouldn’t use one of our strengths in the passing game - it was nice to see - as if they forgot about TEs or something -

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We might have the best tight end group in the league as a unit. Geno had over 160 to the tight ends alone
I agree but ESPN game stats had them at 132 yards total on 9 catches and 10 targets... very impressive.

Average yards/catch = 14.7... not too shabby.

And I especially liked the Waldron stayed completely away from WR screens and instead used the TE group to block and sneak out for some real solid gains.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
What's the justification for not using the tight ends more? All the TE's the Seahawks have on the roster can play ball. Hopefully the Rams game was a wakeup call and they continue to utilize them going forward. Geno does a decent job at delivering the ball to them.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Loved it. Been asking for the return of the TE room since Munich last year.

It was a thing of beauty. For the 47th time: When we get the TE room involved - good things happen.

They also get lots of YAC 'cause they are just big old beautiful slabs of beef - but I'm not legally allowed to discuss that anymore. Restraining order.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Certainly with the OT situation, more TE play is going to be a necessity moving forward. Expect to see 2TE sets a lot more until Cross and Lucas are back.

sutz

Reaction score
Was definitely loving this. Especially with the run game being bottled up, can't rely on just the WR group to bail us out in the passing game. All three of these guys can catch, run, and block.

Really strong group. Plus it opens things up when they can pass out of a "run" 3TE set.

LTH

Reaction score
Was definitely loving this. Especially with the run game being bottled up, can't rely on just the WR group to bail us out in the passing game. All three of these guys can catch, run, and block.

Really strong group. Plus it opens things up when they can pass out of a "run" 3TE set.
I think it's the strongest group in the NFL.. these guys are invaluable to this O.

LTH

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Dissly is very consistent, but as much as I love my Huskies, I find myself jumping up and down when Parkinson and Fant make big plays.

m0ng0

Reaction score
They did a strange set once or twice in the last game, like 2 te and a rb in the backfield

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The play of this Tight End group of Noah Fant, Will Dissly and Colby Parkinson was a "game changing factor" for us on Sunday. Not only were they awesome receivers, but they were great blockers supporting the Tackles and were even used in the backfield as Fullbacks.
We also have a pretty good Tyler Mabry on the practice squad.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The TEs combined for over 1200 yards and 9 TDs last year. Waldron and Geno utilize the TEs a ton.

balakoth

Reaction score
I agree but ESPN game stats had them at 132 yards total on 9 catches and 10 targets... very impressive.

Average yards/catch = 14.7... not too shabby.

And I especially liked the Waldron stayed completely away from WR screens and instead used the TE group to block and sneak out for some real solid gains.
Did they try ONE with JNS...wait..JSN..ahh f it lol

I saw game day chats saying he was a non factor.. but frankly, if you think about it.. just because you don't catch the ball doesn't mean your route didn't impact a better play.

I feel like all of us seem to neglect that fact. Many times I saw the kid open on the short intermediate routes cuz of quick moves etc, but there was just a better option and I didnt see it (until re watchying certain aspects... highlights etc and relating them to those plays). Obviously geno did, which seemed to MOSTLY be our tight ends.

Our defense though... I like witherspoon, and I heard on all the radio shows today, them talking about how the D line group re structured their pressure gameplan and how to better get at the quarter back with 4 etc. I still love those corner blitzes that tre had esp in.. was it Cover 3 or Dime? (I friggen HATE dime... and some how our "zone assignment" is totally borked... or... nothing.

We have very skilled top tier players who did great things to get them drafted.. I feel and always have for the last 5 years its been SCHEME... not "coaching" doing drills etc etc.. whatever.. if they are drawing up these plays, they need to change professions

I say this mostly because many people use the same approaches, but their players dont use the same patterns... Its just frustrating... heh...
:)

pmedic920

Reaction score
The TEs combined for over 1200 yards and 9 TDs last year. Waldron and Geno utilize the TEs a ton.
TEs are a weapon well used against us. Almost our Achilles heel if you will.

It’s about time we turned the tables, especially now that we have STUDS in our stable.

All they have to do is watch film on how our “D” gets ripped apart by TEs, play copy cat.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Did they try ONE with JNS...wait..JSN..ahh f it lol

I saw game day chats saying he was a non factor.. but frankly, if you think about it.. just because you don't catch the ball doesn't mean your route didn't impact a better play.

I feel like all of us seem to neglect that fact. Many times I saw the kid open on the short intermediate routes cuz of quick moves etc, but there was just a better option and I didnt see it (until re watchying certain aspects... highlights etc and relating them to those plays). Obviously geno did, which seemed to MOSTLY be our tight ends.

Our defense though... I like witherspoon, and I heard on all the radio shows today, them talking about how the D line group re structured their pressure gameplan and how to better get at the quarter back with 4 etc. I still love those corner blitzes that tre had esp in.. was it Cover 3 or Dime? (I friggen HATE dime... and some how our "zone assignment" is totally borked... or... nothing.

We have very skilled top tier players who did great things to get them drafted.. I feel and always have for the last 5 years its been SCHEME... not "coaching" doing drills etc etc.. whatever.. if they are drawing up these plays, they need to change professions

I say this mostly because many people use the same approaches, but their players dont use the same patterns... Its just frustrating... heh...
:)
FYI, JSN had 5 catches for 34 yards.

sutz

Reaction score
I heard the Seahawks were deadly in 13 personnel against the Lions. I hope we see more of these three tight end sets going forward.
The beauty of it is we can go 13 and pass, but we can also go 11 or 21 with 2-3WR and run the ball. ;)

Latest posts