Fans Wanted Blood

JPatera76

Reaction score
I mean younger fans I dont think necessarily realize or know that Denver and Seattle were rivals in the same division at one point. So us old dogs still dislike those rivals or some maybe not all are disliked. And... the dude started a fire that pissed people off with the 5 teams thing, the "I love seattle, i want to play my whole career here"

I think the bold part also pissed a lot of people off, hear that from russell and then hear for the last 4 years about possible trades. People had enough. He thought he'd walk out to the field and be cheered. For what? Winning seasons that ended with 1 round playoff exits consistently? Or Having a historically good defense that from the start of the SB was in command of the game coupled with a RB than literally punshed people as he either dragged them or trucked them It was an ALL around TEAM effort to bend Denver over. Or around a similar time of the list, all of a sudden he has "why not me" bs. Sounds selfish as shit, but how he marketed it was just a cover for .. what we really see. Because Russell its a team sport.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I was disappointed with all the boos! He did win a sb here!
Sure he won our only Super Bowl and I can’t imagine any Seahawk fan not acknowledging it. As others have said, he was cheered with vigor for that and many other things.

Yesterday he was an opposing QB, his mission was to beat the Seahawks, as was for many years the fans in the stadium took and used every opportunity to shake the opposition up in whatever way they could. (As is should be)

In recent years, the fans (in stadium) have become complacent (or weaker in comparison), I was completely STOKED to see/hear the noise.

RW or whoever aside, it was awesome to see our home town crowd have/make an impact, something that’s been missing for awhile. My hope is that they/we don’t let up.

Seattle was a place that other teams didn’t look forward to playing in, that at least was partially attributed to the fans.

I’d love to see the concessions start selling popcorn in an megaphone that the bottom could easily be torn out of, sell it cheap just to get the amplifier in the stands.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was disappointed with all the boos! He did win a sb here!
I hear ya but look at the way he left. He should've kept his mouth shut. He's smarter than that.
The defense and special teams scored enough to win that super bowl .

HawkStrong

Reaction score
I’d love to see the concessions start selling popcorn in an megaphone that the bottom could easily be torn out of, sell it cheap just to get the amplifier in the stands.

Noise makers are against NFL protocol, even "homemade" ones like you are describing. It's in the fan conduct agreement, you can actually get removed from the game and potentially lose your seats because of it.

DJrmb

Reaction score
"Could've been Edgar, instead he's A-Rod"

That is a great statement and it's a shame that it is true.
Yeah, that statement at the end really resonated with me. I think what made it worse is that Russ himself tried to sell us all that he was Edgar, when in reality, behind the scenes, it was all about him and his legacy the whole time.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah, that statement at the end really resonated with me. I think what made it worse is that Russ himself tried to sell us all that he was Edgar, when in reality, behind the scenes, it was all about him and his legacy the whole time.
I agree but i wouldn't say the whole time. I would def say that once Marshawn and the LOb were gone completely.. that's when the change started to happen and his "why not me" campaign..

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Russ era is over time to move on ..
but isn't 'this' the closure?

I think everyone is trying to move on, but the dude was literally just in the building, and issues were resolved - ?

Just my .02.

trust me - i'm not looking at hanging onto this shit forever - we have a nice season ahead of us apparently - but yesterday was pretty cathartic, and necessary, am i wrong?

him in the building is just like demi moore from a few good men. "my jurisdiction is pretty much IN YOUR FACE". The NFL wanted the ratings and the conflict.

I'll take the closure - and he can shove his shiny new truck right up his ass ;)

AND, I'm not really telling any other fan how to deal with it. He was a huge part of us for a decade. We all cheered. We all moaned. This shit is graded on a bell curve fan-base-wise. 10% don't care. 10% care an unhealthy amount - and there's 80% in the middle.

The whole thing has felt VERY Favre esq with the pack at the end. Hidden shit and 'will he/won't he'. That almost tore packers fans apart - and the vikings shit along with it. You think Brett didn't get booed by the green bay crowd when he returned with the vikes - give your head a shake. I'm good with it. Love is pretty close to hate anyhow ;)

You do you. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts