Falcons @ Niners, Gabbert era is underway!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pmedic920":3i9t9bh1 said:
Never understood why somebody would go to a game and wear a jersey of neither team that was playing.
Admire the guys fortitude :{)

Probably lives in the area and got a free ticket from a friend, or something. In which case, game on, broheim.

mikeak

Reaction score
Why do you kick the FG there?

Rather pin my opponent by their goalline if I failed to score the TD

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They probably think they can make it back for a field goal for the win.

Barakas

Reaction score
Thanks for doing us a solid 49ers. Need the Falcons to lose a couple more. Looks like we will get gabbert in two weeks

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2dmgjt13 said:

I get that but let's play it out

You kick for three, kickoff, they bring it from 20yard line to 25 and you stop them

They punt you start on your 30 and need 40 yards

Opposite. You go for a TD - make it and things are good right. Up 3 so can even allow a FG
You fail - opponent takes ball

Any sack and you have a safety and the ball.

You have to hold them regardless of what you decided to do so this means punter doesn't hame much room and you should expect the ball at midfield.

You need 50 yards

Going for it is by FAR the best option.

This would be a Grantland "thank you for not coaching"

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mikeak":2nopvga1 said:
Seahawkfan80":2nopvga1 said:

I get that but let's play it out

You kick for three, kickoff, they bring it from 20yard line to 25 and you stop them

They punt you start on your 30 and need 40 yards

Opposite. You go for a TD - make it and things are good right. Up 3 so can even allow a FG
You fail - opponent takes ball

Any sack and you have a safety and the ball.

You have to hold them regardless of what you decided to do so this means punter doesn't hame much room and you should expect the ball at midfield.

You need 50 yards

Going for it is by FAR the best option.

This would be a Grantland "thank you for not coaching"

I would say depends on what your forte is...offense or defense. Ours is Defense. So punch it in if possible or defend them backwards. Agree with you by the way. I was just mouthing for what the mouthbreathers were saying on tv.

NINEster

Reaction score
Quinn is so used to suffocating the 49er offense, you can't blame him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I said this early in the season, but the Falcons are not a good team. The same old team we saw last year. The only difference is that they are arguably playing the NFL's easiest schedule.....EVER. The schedule toughens up for them now. I don't think they make the playoffs now, even at 6-3. They get the Colts and Vikings at home following the bye. Still two remaining games with Carolina, who typically own them. Still have to travel to JAX and Tampa. And then they finish up against the Saints at home. I think 3-4 at best, maybe 2-5. Even if they do go 3-4 to finish out the year, I don't think 9 wins gets you a wildcard spot.

The fact that they just lost to TB and SF should tell you how bad they are.

Jville

Reaction score
Snap Chat: 49ers new-look offense goes beyond QB Gabbert >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2015/11/09/snap-chat-49ers-new-look-offense-goes-beyond-qb-gabbert/[/urltargetblank]

Jville

Reaction score
Jville":3nggrran said:
Snap Chat: 49ers new-look offense goes beyond QB Gabbert >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2015/11/09/snap-chat-49ers-new-look-offense-goes-beyond-qb-gabbert/[/urltargetblank]

Fullback Bruce Miller was used on half the snaps .......

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As expected, Gabbert named the starter against the Seahawks (they're on a bye this coming week)

Need to beat Arizona then just break the 49ers spirit once and for all.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
To echo Radish, if Gabbert is the answer, then what in the hell was the question?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27tp97j1 said:
To echo Radish, if Gabbert is the answer, then what in the hell was the question?

How can the niners upgrade their QB position?

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":1gbapkmw said:
Scottemojo":1gbapkmw said:

How can the niners upgrade their QB position?

iLqtdQFqNTkQ.jpg

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Somehow, the NFL.com power rankings have the Falcons at #8. This is the exact reason why I almost never look at power rankings. The only reason they are ranked that high is because of their record. They have three horrible losses: NO, Tampa and SF. Tampa and SF are two bottom 5 teams. NO's isn't much better, they just gave up 10 passing TD's in their past two games.

And looking at these power rankings, I just realized how many bad NFL teams there are. Somehow there are 6 teams that are behind the Niners. It seems like this year more than ever, there are a lot of bad teams.

Latest posts