Falcons beat niners...yeah

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Great finish to the niners game and the falcons did us a favour...thank you falcons
Falcons win, falcons win

flmmkrz

Reaction score
What an ending, you can never count on an easy week in the nfl. Dan Quinn still helping the hawks out. Awesome!!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Do we clinch the division with a win next week?

Eamon696

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2pxypkpe said:
I believe everything still comes down to Week 17 at this point - so chalk us up for Sunday Night Football

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Eamon696":454fv7f4 said:
Hawk-Lock":454fv7f4 said:
I believe everything still comes down to Week 17 at this point - so chalk us up for Sunday Night Football

I think you are right but can you explain? Right now we both are 8-2 in the conference. What is the next tie breaker after head to head and conference record?

Can someone tell me why we wouldn’t clinch the division next week with a win?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":23c3k3db said:

Rams need to beat Niners for that to happen. And the strength of Victory needs to fall our way.

IN that instance a Niners win in week 17 gives us identical 12-4 records. We will both be 4-2 in the division and same conference record. So if the number of wins of the PHI and MIN teams combined is more than the combined win totals of GB and WASH then we win the division.

Or we could tie or beat the Niners but I'd really love to have the division wrapped up by week 17 so we can rest some defenders.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2292ootw said:
Eamon696":2292ootw said:
Hawk-Lock":2292ootw said:

I think you are right but can you explain? Right now we both are 8-2 in the conference. What is the next tie breaker after head to head and conference record?

Because if both teams win next week, we go into week 17 with identical records, so we can only clinch next week if the Niners drop their game to the Lambs.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":18kf8ibk said:
Eamon696":18kf8ibk said:
Hawk-Lock":18kf8ibk said:

If the rams can beat sf next week and we beat the cards, week 17 won't matter.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
After the Falcons shot themselves in the foot too with that fumble on the punt return. Way to stay strong.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
That's twice in past few weeks Falcons have pulled off first time improbable game ending sequences. They recovered 3 onside kicks in succession (first of the 3 was nullified by penalty, so they kicked again and got that one too). Scored rapid fire and then succeeded in successfully completing recovery of a third onside kick, but ran out of time to complete the comeback attempt.
Then the last 8 seconds of todays game was something you couldn't even put in a fiction movie and hold an audience as it was simply soooo far from believable.

HawkerD

Reaction score
we closed out on Offense Thats how you seal victory. Niner give the ball back in a one possession game with 2:00 on clocka nd timeouts remaining. You are asking to lose.

JonRud

Reaction score
94Smith":19x7pvjy said:
Hawk-Lock":19x7pvjy said:

No only if the 49ers lose

this is not correct. the Hawks cannot clinch the NFC West next week. if the season winds up this way:

Seahawks beat Cards
Rams beat 49ers
49ers beat Seahawks

Both the Seahawks and 49ers will be 12-4. The tiebreaker that will come into play is strength of victory. The 49ers are currently winning this, and likely will end up winning it.

there is no scenario next week where the Seahawks can clinch the NFC West. in all likelihood they will have to beat SF in Week 17 to win the division, unless most of the other games fall their way. details are in several other threads.

Latest posts