Expect a close game

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
How many "Don't get cocky" posts do we need? Especially ones that are solely based on feeling and not fact?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
No Offense... but I don't have to expect anything. Just because they've been here before, its going to be tougher for us?

Drew Brees was here in the 2010 play-offs, his 11-5 Saints couldn't beat an 7-9 Seahawks team. In 2013, They obviously knew what's up as their team was fitted with special ear plugs and they did everything in their power to harass and contain Lynch.

Rob Ryan was here in 2012, with his Cowboy's Defense, he couldn't stop us then and he couldn't stop us despite having one of the statistically better defenses in 2013.

I'm all of sudden supposed to expect the 4-5 Saints team on the road, to rise up and compete, just because they've been here before?

The key to this game is passing defense as in how are the Saints with a boggled Keenan Lewis, no Kenny Varraco, and horrible backfield depth supposed to "man up" and stop Russell Wilson who passed for 300 yards + 3 TDs against a healthier Saints pass defense w/o Harvin. Now Wilson will likely have Harvin in the mix and he's a top 10 play-making talent in this league.

How are the Saints going to overcome Byron Maxwell settling with 5 starts on his belt, instead of being in his first, and he's playing shutdown ball-hawking football. How are the Saints going to handle an improvement in slot coverage with Thurmond back into the mix with the rest of the Legion of Boom playing lights out.

Are the Saints really going to win trying to produce a running game where they are just running out the clock and limiting opportunities to score. They aren't that type of team maybe vs the Eagle who has one of the worst HFAs this year and a horrible defense but not against a team who has the best D with the best HFA in the NFL.

It'll be closer but not close, 27-14 Seahawks, 30-17, or 33-20 Seahawks. Seahawks win by at least +13 points.

Largent80

Reaction score
The score more than likely will be closer, however, our defense is playing at a great level right now and they are down to scraps in their secondary. I still see us winning handily.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is from the the last meeting.
I expect a closer game, but they deserve a "BEAT DOWN"
ze9ehepu.jpg

Don't you dare laugh, this ain't funny. :)

Edit: when I say last meeting. I pulled it from their board.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Meh. 27-10 Seahawks. Especially if Harvin plays (which seems more likely than not at this point no matter how much Pete is trying to soft pedal it).

Philadelphia was actually worse at home then on the road and had a subpar defense and were still in that game.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't want to expect a blow out, but I won't be satisfied with a tight nail biter. The Saints have been brutal all year on the road and their secondary is even more banged up than it was last time we played them.

Their best defensive player last time we played was Kenny Vaccarro; he's now out. If you add to the fact that Harylson is also out and Harvin may play... if we play our game, this will be a 30-40 point win. If we play bad, we can still win. The only scenario that has us losing is..we play a D- game and they play an A+ game, and Mike Carey is the referee.

ariel9302

Reaction score
i just wanna know what kind of little tampons drew is going to put in his ears this time to try and drown out the noise.