Excited for Our Boys, Kinda Over the Hate

volsunghawk

Reaction score
All great posts, and I agree. I respect the 49ers organization, and they've got a damn tough team there. As long as both Seattle and SF continue to make the personnel decisions they have recently and develop players, the NFC West should be brutal for a long, long time. And while I can't bear the thought of the Seahawks losing to the 49ers in the NFC Championship game, I know that if they do, it won't be due to the Hawks choking to an inferior team. It'll be the result of a legitimately tough game between the two best teams in the NFC.

I still think Harbaugh's an annoying jackass, though.

BamKam

Reaction score
Marvin49":1c6g5fxd said:
I know I'm probably going to get destroyed for this...

...but I completely agree. I've never hated the Seahawks. They are a rival and I of course hope they lose on Sundays, but I don't have any hate for anyone on that team...well....maybe one. :)

Good Luck on Sunday fellas. Obviously I hope my team advances but I have a feeling this is a game that's going to be talked about for a long, long time regardless who gets the shot for the Lombardi.

This is how I feel. The only players I can't stand on the 49ers are Kaep and Crabtree but mostly just CK. I respect the hell out of Harbaugh and really liked him when he was at Stanford. I find his press conferences where he sounds completely distracted and just got off a treadmill hilarious. I am a big fan of Justin Smith/P Willy/Bowman.

It is hard not to get caught up in the rivalry sometimes but lately I have notices it is just more of stupid fans getting at each others throats and not the teams. You haven't heard many if any jabs from either side so far and I think they have the utmost respect for each other.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
I feel like a majority of both Seahawks fans and 49ers fans are reasonable... but the trolls are what makes the rest of us angry... on both sides! The Trolls will say/post shocking and outrageous things to try and get a rise out of the rest of us. I'm over it. Just going to focus on our team and root like hell for the Hawks!

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":1kdixkhn said:
I've learned that most of their most rabid fans are flat bill wearing mouth breathers, that were't even alive the last time they won the SB, or were to young to remember it.
I've also figured out that a lot are bandwagon 'winner hoppers', meaning they have a closet full of many different hats from teams that have won the SB the last few years.
I don't have time to argue with people on the internet, and I certainly don't have time to try and get a 'fan' of a rival team to see things from my perspective.
I will always dislike Harbaugh, he was a cocky ass when he played, and he's an insufferable douchbag now...I know I'm not alone in my feeling this way!
Most of the 9er's fans that post on here seem alright, though I don't understand the need to do it?
It should be a good game, it feels like our year...We'll see.
Go Hawks!

This is what the internet provides you with. These people are the squeaky wheels that get the grease. The whole thing has been stupid since last year, IMO. I desperately want SF to lose on Sunday, but I'm sick of the over-the-top, back-and-forth personal attack BS that I'm subjected to on pretty much any Seahawks post out there.
I don't go to other teams boards or FB & IG pages ever, but I'm 100% certain we have jerks too. I view these people more as people with "issues" than actual fans. Repping a team is just the excuse to berate someone.

I personally know a few 9ers fans, and they're all fine people. They just root for a different team, and don't understand that they're wrong... :lol:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The OP pretty much described my take on the matter. I have actually been through with it for a while, most of the stuff is just laughable and frankly, the comments that generate from the NinaTroll have never changed. They have said the same things over and over since the division took form. The only difference these days is that it has bled over into this board.

I realized that once the serious NinaTrolling became that of the "new poster" which was more often than not a Niner fan in disguise that they had reached full desperation mode. That they couldn't drum up enough disrespect and hate for the Hawks on their own board, so they came here to pretend to be ashamed, unsatisfied and disappointed Seahawks fans that were embarrassed of their team. Once we hit that level, it was the realization that the Seahawks truly arrived. They were used to getting their asses kicked when the Niners sucked, but now in their return to glory the Seahawks remain a thorn in their side. Win or lose, we all know that both teams are really very good, so all the smack or claims of superiority don't mean as much.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
volsunghawk":68oza7x1 said:
All great posts, and I agree. I respect the 49ers organization, and they've got a damn tough team there. As long as both Seattle and SF continue to make the personnel decisions they have recently and develop players, the NFC West should be brutal for a long, long time. And while I can't bear the thought of the Seahawks losing to the 49ers in the NFC Championship game, I know that if they do, it won't be due to the Hawks choking to an inferior team. It'll be the result of a legitimately tough game between the two best teams in the NFC.

I still think Harbaugh's an annoying jackass, though.

This is pretty much my take on the game now. IF we lose it will be to the team ive called the second best in the league next to us. I still think Seattle and SF are the two best teams just like I thought the Vikings and Saints were the 2 best teams in 09. Whoever wins this one will win the superbowl I think.

I hate Harbaugh with a passion because he really is such an arrogant douche and jackass and needs to act like an adult during games.

Kaepernick is slightly offputting but honestly he is not even close to the likes of say a Vick or Big Ben in his personal life. Kaep has been praised upon here and there and honestly he has had huge impacts on games. He might not be winning by passing sometimes but who cares, its not like we rely on the pass alot either. I still think Wilson is the better QB but Kaep is still dangerous with his feet and does have a cannon arm. I hate him WAY less than Overrated Luck

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Damn, I feel I just went through a year of therapy by reading the voice of reason in this thread.

At times I was a possessed madman reading all the hateful comments 49er fans leave in every Seahawks article or. Anything Seahawks related by any website or media source.

The "5 Rings" argument was annoying but never maddening but when they were chanting "Seahawks sucks" after a Rams game, it just showed a new type of classlessness in the Rivalry.

Then the Brick happened but the 49ers allowed it because it did go to a good cause.

Then the Banner happened because Seahawks fans wanted show their support in their toughest Road Game plus it was the only OPEN AIR stadium on the schedule besides New York (they don't like planes near cities over there) and the season opener @Carolina (Banner plans were hatched mid-season).

Then the Billboard happen, but ofcourse it wasn't just to show support as much as it came back to the "5" rings argument.

Then the Charities happen and it was an anomaly of sorts because a heated rivalry between fans became so much more significant to both our Cities. It was awesome to see.

Now its back to the same old, same old. And this thread made me realize "Why SHOULD I Care What San Fran Has?"

I didn't care about them 3 years ago, I didn't care about them 20 years ago, why should I care what any of their fans have to say if its just destructive BS that will never reach a resolution.

I'm ALL about the SEAHAWKS. IT should be ALL about the SEAHAWKS.

I don't need to care what anybody else thinks or believe as long as I believe what I believe. What do I care about perception, or who gots it better? I shouldn't.

I don't have to gloat about a 13-3 season, I did nothing to help achieve. My Team did that.

And what it comes down to is if the Seahawks were a woman, I would love her, marry her, cherish her. I wouldn't be wasting my time with other women and what they're doing for better or worse than my girl in comparison.

Thanks .NET for helping to realize I don't have to HATE the San Francisco 49ers and everything about their fans. I shouldn't even be caring what they think, what they say, or what they feel about us.

They have their team, I have mine, it doesn't matter after that. Let's just play football, this rivalry thing is played out, all the 49ers are is just another team in the Seahawks path to the Ascension Of Champions.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2mobur6t said:
Good thread. It was fun when it was new, but it just feels stale now. They're a good team, we have a good team, and their fans on .net anymore are good people. Most of my "hate" was in fact driven by dealing with the trolls here last season, but now I've just grown tired of our own fans not being able to be more creative that saying "Hardouche" a dozen times a day. It's going to be a tight rivalry for, oh, about 10 years, so I'd just accept that they will get us sometime and we will get them sometimes, so just enjoy it when the Hawks win and get on with your own life when they don't.

It's "DoucheBaugh". We all know it, hell even Siri on my phone auto-corrects it. But seriously, I have several family members that are Niner fans and I love them an like them enough to flat out ignore them this week. No trash talking because family is first. (My mom on FB seems to have forgotten this...). Despite which team wins I suspect most fans of that fanbase will feel schadenfreude towards the other. We simply are at that highest of levels of rivalry. Sherman said today that he doubts post-game handshakes will occur. :49ersmall:

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'm on board with this time to let it go . Done with the hate .

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm stoked to see this game, but, yeah, I don't have any real hate for any of them. I feel like the Niners have earned their swagger and appreciate them being a tough opponent that doesn't play "cheap" like the Rams or Saints. They have some idiot fans, but so does every NFL team.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
hawkfannj":dvvwynur said:
I'm on board with this time to let it go . Done with the hate .

First off, that salutation gif with the changing logo is really cool... nice job with that.

I find it funny that all season the Niners have been ENEMY #1 on this forum and now that the biggest game ever between these two, you guys are letting up. Not that I don't agree either, just interesting.

Full disclosure, I'm 28 so I was around during the Young years and barely remember Montana. It was great during that time, but we were always 2nd fiddle to either Dallas or GB, the only exception when we bought the SB when we brought Deion and Ken Norton Jr. in. I remember how much I hated GB especially, Favre would always pull some ridiculous s**t out of his a** and pick up big plays and beat us. Really, if we didn't win in 94, Young would seriously be looked at differently. Unless we had homefield, we lose in the playoffs. Year after year...

The Seahawks have a great franchise from stadium, to ownership, to front office, to head coach, to QB, to running game, to defense. You guys earned HFA and really it will take a great outing for the Niners to win.

I'm also much older now, but I still invest a lot of emotion in these games. At this point I'd say the Hawks have a 60% of winning this game, which means that more than likely we'll have to listen to the 'Niners can't win in Seattle' talk all offseason. I'm sure the narrative would be equally putrid (if not worse) for the Hawk fans if the Niners win.

More than anything, I hope this is the start of a great matchup that will always be on prime time TV and getting full media attention. Both teams are here to stay and both teams are tough as nails. It should be a great game. Also, please no major injuries, whoever wins still has a really big game :D

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
I think what we have here ... on this post ... is a leap in fan consciousness - I honestly do. Thanks for the post HawkAround - it's refreshing and very much needed. I too ... feel no more need to hate the 9ers (except CK's biceps kiss). It's almost as though we've hated the 9ers and their fans SO much and we've let them have SUCH and affect on us --- it's like they've become "family" almost ... or a brother or sister you hate ... but without them ... you would never have been tested or forged into greatness without them. This is what all true rivals do for each other ... they push each other to be great.

We now know and truly believe our team is something special and this time around ... it doesn't feel like it's our one and only chance to make it to the SB. I know SB are REALLY, REALLY had to get to ... but I'm just not feeling as desperate about it. I'll be totally bummed and depressed if we don't win Sunday -- and if the 9ers win ... then they ARE the better team that day and deserve to move on. Letting go of SO much 9er hate can only be a good thing. Take all that energy and focus it on the Hawks and enjoy what will most likely be an epic battle on Sunday.

With that said .... I can't wait for one slobberknocker game!

seadoc30

Reaction score
I am not too worried or anxious over this game compared to last week. I don't know why.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
It would certainly eat me inside if we punched SF's ticket to the Superbowl at home after the last couple meetings there. That would be a huge statement for them.

mort

Reaction score
Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya.... Thanks for the catharsis OP, good gut check.
But hunker down y'all now is now, Sunday is pencils down and damn the torpedoes. 1-0 championship think weekend!
We all we got, we all we need!
GO HAWKS!

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
mort":149zxwbc said:
Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya.... Thanks for the catharsis OP, good gut check.
But hunker down y'all now is now, Sunday is pencils down and damn the torpedoes. 1-0 championship think weekend!
We all we got, we all we need!
GO HAWKS!

Yup.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I actully liked the Niners back in the day as a NFC team when we were in the AFC because they were the thorn in Dallas' side. And it really was not till Harbaugh took over that my dislike blossomed for them, then add Kap for more spice.

But I agree the hate thing has gone too far. Let's all agree to hate the Cowboys for fun ; )

Here is to one of the best games of the season...
GO Hawks!!!!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
The 2 best teams in the NFC made it to the NFC CG.

This is the best scenario.

Go Seahawks