ESPN DC sports talk jocks afraid of Seahawks

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":26wzb2qv said:
nash72":26wzb2qv said:
MontanaHawk05":26wzb2qv said:
nash72":26wzb2qv said:
Those guys are over blowing it for sure. Nobodys afraid of Seattle right now. If I were a team in the NFC playoff picture, Seattle is exactly the team I would want to play. Why wouldnt I, they are playing their worst football.

Possibly because they've played better football over the entire year than all but two teams.

And lucky to be in one of the weakest divisions in football.

So are the Patriots.

Patriots division produced 2 playoff teams.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This negativity is unreal. The Seahawks fanbase has probably become the most entitled fanbase there is over the last 2-3 years.

We're 9-5-1 now with only a trip to Santa Clara remaining. The 49ers are the absolute worst team in football and we'll win there making us 10-5-1, half a loss less than last year and this time around enough to become NFC West champions. We're headed to the play-offs. Nobody is perfect at this time of year of course but I don't see why the Arizona game suddenly sucked all the life out of everyone here.

Quick rundown of our losses:
- 6 point loss @Rams, our divisional rival and perennial kryptonite
- 5 point loss @Saints, a very decent team that beat us at their home while the Hawks were dealing with major fatigue on the defensive side due to the incredibly long AZ game the week before where our D was on the field for way too long
- 9 point loss @Bucs, close loss to fringe play-off team who were playing the best football of their season against us
- 28 point loss @Packers, going to Lambeau is always hard. Going to Lambeau when Rodgers is suddenly playing at an MVP level is even harder. Still an ugly loss but most teams would've been blown out in this situation
- 3 point loss against the Cards, divisional rival that only beat us in the absolute last second

This list isn't concerning me in the slightest. Especially when you compare it to some of the wins we've gotten. 26-24 win against current #2 NFC seed Falcons, 31-24 win over the #1 AFC seed Patriots, 40-7 dismantling of reigning NFC champs Panthers and my personal fav the 24-3 revenge win over the Rams.

Yes our O-line is shit, yes losing Lockett and Earl sucks, yes we're definitely not the favorites this year and yes we still have a shot at winning the Superbowl so quit the whining.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Overseasfan":3vzrhzrl said:
This negativity is unreal. The Seahawks fanbase has probably become the most entitled fanbase there is over the last 2-3 years.

We're 9-5-1 now with only a trip to Santa Clara remaining. The 49ers are the absolute worst team in football and we'll win there making us 10-5-1, half a loss less than last year and this time around enough to become NFC West champions. We're headed to the play-offs. Nobody is perfect at this time of year of course but I don't see why the Arizona game suddenly sucked all the life out of everyone here.

- 5 point loss @Saints, a very decent team that beat us at their home while the Hawks were dealing with major fatigue on the defensive side due to the incredibly long AZ game the week before where our D was on the field for way too long
- 9 point loss @Bucs, close loss to fringe play-off team who were playing the best football of their season against us
- 28 point loss @Packers, going to Lambeau is always hard. Going to Lambeau when Rodgers is suddenly playing at an MVP level is even harder. Still an ugly loss but most teams would've been blown out in this situation
- 3 point loss against the Cards, divisional rival that only beat us in the absolute last second

This list isn't concerning me in the slightest. Especially when you compare it to some of the wins we've gotten. 26-24 win against current #2 NFC seed Falcons, 31-24 win over the #1 AFC seed Patriots, 40-7 dismantling of reigning NFC champs Panthers and my personal fav the 24-3 revenge win over the Rams.

Yes our O-line is shit, yes losing Lockett and Earl sucks, yes we're definitely not the favorites this year and yes we still have a shot at winning the Superbowl so quit the whining.

This rundown is a shorter list than our injuries this year. Maybe even a shorter list than the injuries to our Pro Bowl players this year.

OP
OP
capncrunch

capncrunch

Reaction score
Overseasfan":q1i4ytsn said:

Wow. Nice breakdown. We were only blown out once. It would be interesting to see which teams have only one loss this season of more than 9 pts. A lot of teams would still love to change places with us. I think it's tough when you see dropoff in play in certain areas. If Russell wasn't hobbled we would probably have a stronger record. How would you like to be a Raiders fan right now. Imagine if we were heading in to the playoffs with Boykin at the healm. Defensively some teams have had to go on with losses to the likes of JJ Watt and Clay Matthews. Yeah I think we'l play better in the next couple of outings and I look forward to watching.