ESPN DC sports talk jocks afraid of Seahawks

capncrunch

Reaction score
The ESPN 980 jocks here in Redskins land are obviously discussing the possible wildcard berth with a win over the Giants. I believe they would then travel to Seattle, Atlanta, Green Bay or Detroit depending on who takes care of week 17 business. Former tight end Chris Cooley without hesitation said, Oh nooooooo. I don't want to go to Seattle. Then who the other guys asked. Ahh. Don't really care just don't want to go to Seattle. What about their inconsistent this and that? Don't care. I guarantee you they will be up for that game he said. It was almost comical how he said it with fear dripping from his voice. I'll add more specific comments to the thread later as I hear them this week. Kind of cool to step out of the Hawks media and blog orbit to hear the buzz out there.

On a separate note, got a Men's medium Nike Jimmy Graham jersey that is too small for me for Christmas. Will sell for $50. It fit my 6' 140 lb son nicely. Way too tight on my middle aged frame. Email directly if interested.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Cooley is dilusional. The Hawks are toast. All I know is that when Seattle is ousted, I am rooting for whomever plays against Dallass. God, I HATE the cowpukes with a passion.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've heard several national media types say they think Seattle is the most likely to knock Dallas off.

I don't see it at all, but I theorize that they're all waiting for Seattle to make that patented late season run.

As for the Redskins, yea if I was a fan I'd be worried about us. We've knocked them out of the playoffs every time we've seen them going back about 12 years. That leaves a mark.

Polaris

Reaction score
Cooley is right. If you are looking at this from the eyes of the Washington fan, then Seattle AT Seattle out of the gate is the kiss of death (especially for Washington who doesn't do well against Seattle in the playoffs historically). In the entire Pete Carroll Era, Seattle has *never* lost a home playoff game, and Seattle iirc has lost all of one home playoff game in it's history (to the Rams in 2004 iirc).

Forget Seattle's problems at the moment, if I were a 'skins fan, Seattle is the last draw I'd want. Right now, however, it's the likeliest draw should they make the playoffs. If I were a 'skins fan, I'd be rooting for the Saints hard. That would make it impossible to face Seattle straight up. I'd also be rooting for Detroit HARD. You don't want to play Green Bay in Green Bay out of the gate either [it would take all of the off season just to thaw out]. Much better off going to Atlanta (or Detroit) first up if you are a 'skins fan.

nash72

Reaction score
Those guys are over blowing it for sure. Nobodys afraid of Seattle right now. If I were a team in the NFC playoff picture, Seattle is exactly the team I would want to play. Why wouldnt I, they are playing their worst football.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Seattle went 7-1 at home, losing one game on a last second field goal. Yes we maybe ain't perfect and injuries to Earl and Tyler suck but this is not a playoff option i'd want whatsoever if I'm a fan of another NFC team

Given the redskins history against us in the playoffs, this just adds to the feeling!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seahawks have the worst OL in the league and a secondary that can't cover a thing. Other than Wilson magic, this team is not scary. To be fair though, Wilsons magic can get pretty scary.

sutz

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":lv5cvn4c said:
I so, so, so want to believe.
You don't "want" to believe. Either you do, or you don't.

Maxresdefault

Ozzy

Reaction score
People saying Seattle isn't scary or are done is ridiculous. I know we had a tough loss this weekend but this team is still capable of beating everyone.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":1gzjcsop said:
Those guys are over blowing it for sure. Nobodys afraid of Seattle right now. If I were a team in the NFC playoff picture, Seattle is exactly the team I would want to play. Why wouldnt I, they are playing their worst football.

Possibly because they've played better football over the entire year than all but two teams.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
It's like everyone is forgetting that every other NFC team has major flaws as well. Dallas, GB and WAS all have really horrible defenses. GB and Dallas are winning because their offense is scoring 30-40 pts a game and making the defensive play moot.

ATL is probably the most well rounded team right now with Quinn getting that defense into decent shape, but they have struggled throughout the season.

Detroit, NYG and us are all struggling on offense. Actually none of that list has anything resembling a run game which is the major issue. All are currently being bailed out by their QBs. The NFC playoffs are going to be interesting. I think we will win our home game and then lose on the road, as it has been all season.

What we are considering a down season, a lot of other teams would be excited for. We're in the playoffs and anything can happen. Look at what Baltimore did a few years back, they lost the last few regular season games and then went on a run. If our team plays up to their potential we can beat anyone.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Exactly good posts from Montana and Archer. Just about every team has had issues. Even Dallas has a rookie QB so who knows how he will handle the pressure, has had some clunkers and against a good defense like the Giants really, really struggled.

We are a flawed but dangerous team that could lose in the first round or roll all the way though, I wouldn't be all that shocked either way. I still think we are the most talented team in the league capable of beating anyone with a QB who has already done it multiple times.

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2td709cg said:
nash72":2td709cg said:

Possibly because they've played better football over the entire year than all but two teams.

And lucky to be in one of the weakest divisions in football.

nash72

Reaction score
Archer":2y9ebasu said:
It's like everyone is forgetting that every other NFC team has major flaws as well. Dallas, GB and WAS all have really horrible defenses. GB and Dallas are winning because their offense is scoring 30-40 pts a game and making the defensive play moot.

GB probably has the worst defense out of those 3 teams and we already saw what they did to us a few games ago. Also, the Cardinals just put up 34 against us at home, i'd hate to see what Dallas could do.

Ozzy

Reaction score
But I can pick out singular games with those same teams proving the other side as well. It's dangerous comparing individual games against others. Nash the Seahawks are still a very dangerous team. You can throw in the towel but that doesn't mean others are going to.

nash72

Reaction score
austinslater25":2z4eymet said:
But I can pick out singular games with those same teams proving the other side as well. It's dangerous comparing individual games against others. Nash the Seahawks are still a very dangerous team. You can throw in the towel but that doesn't mean others are going to.

The difference is how those teams and us are playing right now though. GB is red hot and utterly embarrassed us not long ago and Dallas is the best team in the league. Washington isnt much to write home about, but they are playing as well as we are. Seattle is playing horribly right now and just lost a must win game at home to the putrid Cardinals. Seattle could maybe beat Washington or Detroit in the 1st round, but I cant see them beating anybody else after that on the road. I could see Atlanta beating us by 17 or more, Giants would win a low scoring affair, GB would toast us again regardless if at home or there, and Dallas would maul us with that line, running game, and mobile QB. So if maybe winning one playoff game this season is reason for celebration, knock your socks off. I expected more. I threw the towel in after the Cardinals loss when I realized we dont have enough defense left to stop anybody anymore and with the quarters and even halves that the offense takes off, its going to be disastrous. The saddest thing is this team and organization needs to fix things while we still have a couple more years of talented players in their prime, but they wont. It'll get worse before it gets better.

randomation

Reaction score
If we lose in the first round will Bevell be fired is the only question that matters atm

Sealake80

Reaction score
Glad to get my daily dose of WTF at .net.

We are done guys stick a fork in us. A few fans who cant take the ups and downs of football said so. Might as well stop watching. It is impossible for this team to win. LoL

Look Im not immune to my own doubts about this team but to act like we have no shot is crazy. Why even be a fan if your gonna have that attitude? Seems like a waste of time and energy at that point to me. If I had no hope I wouldnt watch.

We have a shot and other teams have reasons to fear playing us. Enjoy.

PS one of tge major differences I see between this team and past is fan base is not behind this team as it was before. 12s used to be monster. Now the fan energy is bogged down by shitty attitudes. Get behind your team 12s and see what happens.