EPL 2014-15 Season

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
1310650820313.jpg

Smurf

Reaction score
Diego Costa has torn his hamstring. Out for at least 3 months.

Sounds like Torres job is safe...

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm praying for rain on Sunday because as it stands I am playing cricket and will miss the Spurs v Liverpool game. I reckon it's going to be a cracker.

I reckon the sides will have similar weaknesses; I shudder to think what Coutinho, Sterling at all are going to do to Danny Rose, but am similarly excited about what Lamela, Eriksen, Adebayor might be able to do to the Liverpool defenders. Dier has not given any reason for concern but is in his first game against good opponents and is 20. I'm hopeful that the QPR game, although they were weak opposition, will have served as a good practice game and raise the confidence levels. Several players who had previously struggled were great (Lamela, Capoue, Rose, Chadli and even Adebayor come to mind) so hopefully they will play with confidence this weekend again.

Getting Balotelli in his first game sucks. You want him to have been around long enough to either get the hump about something or not care that day which is unlikely to be the case this early on. I'm anticipating Liverpool taking the lead through a soft penalty before the Spurs fight back. Don't know who'll win but I think there'll be goals, so I'm calling it Spurs 3-2.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":yj91iefn said:
I'm praying for rain on Sunday because as it stands I am playing cricket and will miss the Spurs v Liverpool game. I reckon it's going to be a cracker.

I reckon the sides will have similar weaknesses; I shudder to think what Coutinho, Sterling at all are going to do to Danny Rose, but am similarly excited about what Lamela, Eriksen, Adebayor might be able to do to the Liverpool defenders. Dier has not given any reason for concern but is in his first game against good opponents and is 20. I'm hopeful that the QPR game, although they were weak opposition, will have served as a good practice game and raise the confidence levels. Several players who had previously struggled were great (Lamela, Capoue, Rose, Chadli and even Adebayor come to mind) so hopefully they will play with confidence this weekend again.

Getting Balotelli in his first game sucks. You want him to have been around long enough to either get the hump about something or not care that day which is unlikely to be the case this early on. I'm anticipating Liverpool taking the lead through a soft penalty before the Spurs fight back. Don't know who'll win but I think there'll be goals, so I'm calling it Spurs 3-2.

Should be a good one...

cant see that scoreline though. too many goals to be honest.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
wenger said he is not going to rush into the transfer market for a new striker..he thinks Campbell/sanogoal/Walcott/alexis is good enough.i think he should have taken a chance on ballotelli..the guy maybe a few buses short of a full fleet but he knows how to score..i don't think he will buy anyone but considering we paid 35 million for alexis but got 25 million back for progress into the champions league ( a trophy we wont win unless he buys top players ) he must buy..if not its groundhog day for us gooners..and the players he has he plays out of position.we need a good left back and holding midfielder as well.i would say callum chambers looks really good.
on a sad note best wishes to our ex goalkeeper manuel almunia who has retired due to heart condition.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Smurf":34vr8qe5 said:
Diego Costa has torn his hamstring. Out for at least 3 months.

Sounds like Torres job is safe...

I was about to say this is karma for laughing at Man U...

Torres is gone, Costa ok

SeatownJay

Reaction score
QPR won! No longer at the bottom. Considering they went 16 matches before their first win their last season in the PL this is big.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2xdabah5 said:
NJSeaHawk":2xdabah5 said:
Chelski up 2-nil! Those yellow kits are quite spiffy on a side note...

Chelsea look ridiculous atm. Looks like CIty are having the same consistency issues as last season, If that remains the case, CHelsea should walk away with the league. We'll see.

I hope so...Premier league is looking like the most fun to watch, imo.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":30t21t0g said:
NJSeaHawk":30t21t0g said:
peachesenregalia":30t21t0g said:
NJSeaHawk":30t21t0g said:
Chelski up 2-nil! Those yellow kits are quite spiffy on a side note...

Chelsea look ridiculous atm. Looks like CIty are having the same consistency issues as last season, If that remains the case, CHelsea should walk away with the league. We'll see.

I hope so...Premier league is looking like the most fun to watch, imo.

Hang on tho....
what a goal by Mirallas!!!!

Kevin.... :34853_doh: Sick goal though I have to admit!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Linesman having a tough day on the Chelsea half. Missed the 2nd goal being off, failed to spot Howard's hand ball outside the box, then flagged Costa for being off when he wasnt.

I guess his mess has evened out for all though.

Great first half. Great response from Everton

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ruv8fau said:
Linesman having a tough day on the Chelsea half. Missed the 2nd goal being off, failed to spot Howard's hand ball outside the box, then flagged Costa for being off when he wasnt.

I guess his mess has evened out for all though.

Great first half. Great response from Everton

definitely entertaining...lol @ the linesman, he is gonna hear it from everyone...I hate Barcelona, but man Fabregas is a game changer...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
was wrong about Costa...atlhough he's acting like a petulant little child at the moment. still, hes an energetic, slashing runner off the ball.

My issue with Fabregas is his lack of energy in defending, and we are seeing it this afternoon. Any time a team can push Chelsea with the ball players like Fabregas are going to struggle. This is where Chelsea will be strongest. They can bring in Oscar, who I rate, to spell the game when Fabregas loses impact

Edit: Costa is a b--ch

Latest posts