EPL 2014-15 Season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I could care less if anyone calls Arsenal a one man team at the moment. They brought in Sanchez for exactly what he is doing on the field. Burnley did play well defensively, but not once did I feel that Arsenal weren't gonna get 3 points. My hat is off to Calum Chambers for rubber stamping his amazing start to the season with his first senior side goal.

Liverpool are just sad right now. I don't even have it in me to mock them at all either. They sold their gold and replaced it with £100 million worth of lead. They have to get things going right, but I don't know if that will happen in the next few weeks.

As for the Chelsea match, I feel like they got away with all 3 points. QPR looked up for the challenge and may have been able to hold out for a point, but a stupid challenge cost them the match in the end. Chelsea are running wild and each week will probably intensify the unnecessary(at this moment) "unbeaten season" talk, but I still can't see them actually avoiding 1 loss.

And then there's Spurs. The only term I can use to describe their win is "highway robbery." No sane person can actually say that before Benteke's red card, did Spurs look like they were gonna get anything from that match. And in all honesty, Benteke didn't deserve to be sent off, though in that situation, if he's sent off, then you have to send off either Mason or Lamela as well. It was a ridiculous decision by the ref and Spurs stole all the points in the aftermath.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":id66oj3x said:
SeatownJay":id66oj3x said:
Man, QPR played their asses off at Chelsea and would've had the draw if not for a stupid late foul in the box. They look much better than they did at the start of the season, though.

True...was a good game to watch. QPR will stay up

They might stay up, but I doubt many non-QPR fans will be happy about it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
more fantastic insight and analysis from Gatehawk everyone...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wcy8ve67 said:
UK_Seahawk":wcy8ve67 said:
Uncle Si":wcy8ve67 said:

Someone is butthurt.

and some from you as well...like a clock UK

Well provide us with some insight then, for example when will Rodgers get the sack?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Some of you lot need to support a proper team like Oxford United, or even Chesterfield if you fancy.

Of course, the benefit with Oxford United is that they too have 'The 12th Man' and was set up by fans to provide funding for players and wages. You'll even find shirts with 'fan' and the number 12 on.

UKSeahawks, off to Braintree at the weekend? Glorious trip to Grimsby beckons for myself. The FA Cup is all us Oxford fans really have to look forward to this season.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1fngruya said:
Some of you lot need to support a proper team like Oxford United, or even Chesterfield if you fancy.

Of course, the benefit with Oxford United is that they too have 'The 12th Man' and was set up by fans to provide funding for players and wages. You'll even find shirts with 'fan' and the number 12 on.

UKSeahawks, off to Braintree at the weekend? Glorious trip to Grimsby beckons for myself. The FA Cup is all us Oxford fans really have to look forward to this season.

Braintree isnt actually that far from me and I was sorely tempted but my pesky son decided to turn 4 years old and have a party.

Apparently the BBC are doing some kind on FA Cup "redzone" at 2pm on the Sunday so I will try and keep an eye on that whilst letting the critters run riot.

I've been to both Oxford grounds in the past and always had a decent day out, does that guy still have a shark in his house near the Manor Ground as was? Been to Grimsby more times than I care to mention including an FA cup tie in 1998. We actually played them 5 times that season.

Also how does someone Somerset based become an Oxford fan, surely it should be Yeovil or such like?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":12qv82ta said:
Uncle Si":12qv82ta said:
UK_Seahawk":12qv82ta said:
Uncle Si":12qv82ta said:

Someone is butthurt.

and some from you as well...like a clock UK

Well provide us with some insight then, for example when will Rodgers get the sack?

Even though you're just trolling (broken records dont make music collections) i'll try my best because you asked nicely

difficult one to be honest.

Id say under different ownership his leash would be a bit shorter. I have a feeling FSG will give Rodgers another year (unless this thing really goes pear shaped). They're not footballers, and have entrusted him with the keys to the mansion if you will. How patient they are with Rodgers will tell alot about how patient they are in their product. if they send Rodgers out, that means they either have to start over, or toss him out and do a United (bring in a big name manager and throw tons of money at the problem.. which hasnt worked out for them yet either). But... they do their rounds with the Red Sox (do you follow baseball at all? if not, MLB rarely has consistent winners, and the Red Sox have been this sort of once-every-4 years club. FSG understand that process. Whether they apply that to their football club is still to be seen).

Oddly (sadly) Rodgers doesnt do himself any favors in the media with his statements, which just puts more spotlight on himself in a negative way. Handled the Suarez deal well last season. not handling the struggling this season. I can see FSG being swayed by public opinion.

Whether Rodgers is a solid, tactical, flexible manager is yet to be seen (at this level, seemed very comfortable at Swansea). But either way, he's been far too naive in the transfer market. The club needs a director. I know they arent that popular in English football (are they in the lower leagues? Does Chesterfield have one for example?)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1f9n5juk said:

I imagine we all have our local clubs we follow.

I grew up in a small town in Washington in the 70s and 80s. my neighbor and coach was from Liverpool (or atleast was English and liked them alot). thus my introduction. in reality, it was the only club i'd ever really heard of (or about, soccer without the internet was diffcult to follow, although the Times used to publish the table on Sunday) outside the NASL teams until the 90s. The Sounders died in the 80s, and I just havent cared enough to get back into them that much now.

anyways, i just stuck with Liverpool. I'm alot more involved with our local NASL team here than I am in Liverpool for certain. Was almost able to make the trip over to the UK in the summer for the tour and friendly with Derby but stayed behind to work with my teams.

Be great to get more updates on the players and clubs of the lower divisions in all seriousness. I'm sure as hell bored watching Liverpool lose 1-0 and coming on here to take shots about it.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":fhgg251f said:
SomersetHawk":fhgg251f said:

Braintree isnt actually that far from me and I was sorely tempted but my pesky son decided to turn 4 years old and have a party.

Apparently the BBC are doing some kind on FA Cup "redzone" at 2pm on the Sunday so I will try and keep an eye on that whilst letting the critters run riot.

I've been to both Oxford grounds in the past and always had a decent day out, does that guy still have a shark in his house near the Manor Ground as was? Been to Grimsby more times than I care to mention including an FA cup tie in 1998. We actually played them 5 times that season.

Also how does someone Somerset based become an Oxford fan, surely it should be Yeovil or such like?

Valentine's baby eh? FA Cup "redzone" sounds much cozier than a trip to Grimsby.

Haha, I've not been to Headington in a while but have no reason to believe the Shark is not there. Always used to park outside it on matchday when I was a nipper.

Unfortunately my father was born in Oxford and grew up with yellow blood, so I've been going since I was a toddler. And please refrain from swearwords, all of my mates growing up were Yeovil fans, I used to go to games when they were in the conference and found it hilarious how awful they were, until a couple of seasons later they were promoted into league 2 and thrashed us 6-1. Not too many highlights as an Oxford fan, though as a ballboy there I got to meet Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex, Ronaldo and the likes. Harry Redknapp was one of the best, Steve Evans was an absolute bellend; which wouldn't shock anyone.

I no longer live in Somerset, but I can't be bothered to change my name.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1wqujnd5 said:
UK_Seahawk":1wqujnd5 said:
SomersetHawk":1wqujnd5 said:

Valentine's baby eh? FA Cup "redzone" sounds much cozier than a trip to Grimsby.

Haha, I've not been to Headington in a while but have no reason to believe the Shark is not there. Always used to park outside it on matchday when I was a nipper.

Unfortunately my father was born in Oxford and grew up with yellow blood, so I've been going since I was a toddler. And please refrain from swearwords, all of my mates growing up were Yeovil fans, I used to go to games when they were in the conference and found it hilarious how awful they were, until a couple of seasons later they were promoted into league 2 and thrashed us 6-1. Not too many highlights as an Oxford fan, though as a ballboy there I got to meet Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex, Ronaldo and the likes. Harry Redknapp was one of the best, Steve Evans was an absolute bellend; which wouldn't shock anyone.

I no longer live in Somerset, but I can't be bothered to change my name.

I remember back in the day when Oxford were a top flight team with the likes of John Aldridge up front. I based all my then Oxford knowledge on my 1985 Panini sticker album.

You sound like a young scamp in comparison to me.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2sh96a5g said:
SomersetHawk":2sh96a5g said:

I grew up in a small town in Washington in the 70s and 80s. my neighbor and coach was from Liverpool (or atleast was English and liked them alot). thus my introduction. in reality, it was the only club i'd ever really heard of (or about, soccer without the internet was diffcult to follow, although the Times used to publish the table on Sunday) outside the NASL teams until the 90s. The Sounders died in the 80s, and I just havent cared enough to get back into them that much now.

anyways, i just stuck with Liverpool. I'm alot more involved with our local NASL team here than I am in Liverpool for certain. Was almost able to make the trip over to the UK in the summer for the tour and friendly with Derby but stayed behind to work with my teams.

Be great to get more updates on the players and clubs of the lower divisions in all seriousness. I'm sure as hell bored watching Liverpool lose 1-0 and coming on here to take shots about it.

Hey, that's a much better reason to support them than some of the glory hunting bastards over here. It's my opinion that Liverpool fans are among the best in the world (for the most part), it always seemed to be Newcastle United growing up, but all they do is whine nowadays.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1go0magj said:
SomersetHawk":1go0magj said:

Fair play that was a good post.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3g4bgxg2 said:
I remember back in the day when Oxford were a top flight team with the likes of John Aldridge up front. I based all my then Oxford knowledge on my 1985 Panini sticker album.

You sound like a young scamp in comparison to me.

Haha, and Milk Cup winners in 86'. Of course, I wasn't alive to see it but the video was on enough when I was a kid.

Sadly, many of our fans still consider us sleeping giants.

Smurf

Reaction score
Alright scousers....where are y'all at. Out of work early and up to watch the game. You guys going to be on here? If so we can talk about the game.

Smurf

Reaction score
GOAAAAAAAL LIVERPOOL!!!

Emre Can with the shot, deflected in. Good bit of play to lead up.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Just turned the game on to see Chelsea get away with a hand ball in the box with only a couple minutes left.