EPL 2014-15 Season

Nog

Reaction score
Concerning United, it all comes down to team chemistry, but individual skill is there. Again, Van Gaal is a great coach. I have zero doubt that he will haul this.

Concerning Liverpool, why did you bargain that much on Balo? I've told you... This guy is a complete joke. I mean I wouldn't even spend a dime for him... Oh well, Sterling is back, but he seems to have some character concerns as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":iui7xslp said:
Concerning Liverpool, why did you bargain that much on Balo? I've told you... This guy is a complete joke. I mean I wouldn't even spend a dime for him... Oh well, Sterling is back, but he seems to have some character concerns as well.

We dont actually work for Liverpool Nog, as much as maybe we should. and at 16 million noone thought the money was bad.

Not sure Sterling's character concerns. if this comes down to the "tired" thing I'm going to vomit. Balo hasnt been nearly as bad as advertised, but he is making quite the scapegoat. In reality, the play behind him hasnt been of the quality needed. Balo is the player he is, its up to the players behind him, and the manager, to find a way to utlize his strengths.

Close to netting 2 at the end. one would think his goals are coming.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1y7mb2vn said:
We dont actually work for Liverpool Nog, as much as maybe we should. and at 16 million noone thought the money was bad.

Not sure Sterling's character concerns. if this comes down to the "tired" thing I'm going to vomit. Balo hasnt been nearly as bad as advertised, but he is making quite the scapegoat. In reality, the play behind him hasnt been of the quality needed. Balo is the player he is, its up to the players behind him, and the manager, to find a way to utlize his strengths.

Close to netting 2 at the end. one would think his goals are coming.
I know... I was emphasizing :lol:

Well, I have read some stuff. Don't exactly remember though... Something about nightclub I reckon. Speaking of Balo, I've heard these excuses about so many players. You can't deny his lack of effort, lack of team play, and lack of movement. My judgement is only focused on the pitch, but let's be real, external distraction can make an influence on players.

Here is the problem, people (especially in Italy after the Euro 2012) hastily has made this guy a superstar even if he hadn't done anything yet. In Milan, I watched his games... That was pathetic!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog... i rarley disagree with you... but to say he was pathetic at Milan is a massive exaggeration (actually, its just wrong). He had 26 goals in 37 appearances. (20 goals in 31 appearances with City... let that return sink in. Thats Suarez/Aguero/Costa average)

Kid has talent, and has shown it. With him, its always the "when will he ever reach his full potential" (somehow a goal every 130 minutes isnt full potential, thats how good people think he can be).. maybe he never will. but the reason he gets the attention he does is because he can be special, has been special, just isnt consistently special. This isnt Borini, or Soldado or Robbie Keane/Peter Crouch. Balotelli has shown world class.

Let's not forget he's 24... that said.. come on kid, score some g-- d--n goals. If he gets one or two.. (and Sturridge comes back fast) I think he will be a very good player for Liverpool. if the manager continues to toss him out as the lone striker, than he's going to struggle. Honestly, this is on the manager for me. (hint.. Liverpool, i'm available)

the Sterling thing... im not going to go there. whole thing is ridiculous. he's done nothing wrong but play his mind out for club and country. Some ridiculous old man has a heart to heart and then tells the media about it. Roy is closer to a paedo than a national manager. I wish him fired and I dont even care about the English national team

Seabhac

Reaction score
Of course, it's not like United lost 4-0 to a 3rd tier club.[/quote]

Its true United had a very poor season last year - and I know how Liverpool and all ABU fans have been reveling in that.
Its like a dream come true for you all. Getting thrashed in the Carling Cup - Naw, I can't say I really care about that.

Fact - Liverpool have NEVER won the Premiership - not once - not ever.

I watched Liverpool at the weekend - they were sceptic against Hull - just awful. United on the other hand went toe to toe with Chelsea - who are admittedly a better team. Seems like Liverpool are getting worse while United are improving. Foundations are being built. I am looking forward to December 14th for a little payback.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
While the rest of you debate the various merits of the top of the table contenders, allow me to mention that QPR is no longer at the bottom. Thank you.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ewum6yp said:
While the rest of you debate the various merits of the top of the table contenders, allow me to mention that QPR is no longer at the bottom. Thank you.

And a good performance... Congrats

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":21812ek7 said:
Of course, it's not like United lost 4-0 to a 3rd tier club.

Its true United had a very poor season last year - and I know how Liverpool and all ABU fans have been reveling in that.
Its like a dream come true for you all. Getting thrashed in the Carling Cup - Naw, I can't say I really care about that.

Fact - Liverpool have NEVER won the Premiership - not once - not ever.

I watched Liverpool at the weekend - they were sceptic against Hull - just awful. United on the other hand went toe to toe with Chelsea - who are admittedly a better team. Seems like Liverpool are getting worse while United are improving. Foundations are being built. I am looking forward to December 14th for a little payback.[/quote]

The 4-0 thrashing at the hands of MK Dons was 6 weeks ago. United's best game of the year was a stolen draw...at home...in the 94th. Toe to toe indeed

United still behind Liverpool despite our struggles. Something will give..

I imagine united fans are full of hope. Its fragile. Really could go either way. The advantage will be Di Maria. Liverpool really failed there

Smurf

Reaction score
Points are points anyway you get them. We had no right getting a point vs chelsea with that lot. We didnt play great, decent at best. You said it best, we stole it.

That being said, you cannot discount what that type of performance means to the chemistry of the team. The celebration showed it. They fought together and celebrated their point.

Its important in this rebuilding that the team is together and understands what they are playing for. One thing ive been impressed with is all of our new signings have said they were excited to get to put on the shirt and fight for the club. I think LVG has been buying the right players. Yes hes had to over spend a bit but the clubs position demanded it.

United are still fighting for top 4, and its not unthinkable they will finish there. Infact its pretty damn reasonable.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":2epupet5 said:
Points are points anyway you get them. We had no right getting a point vs chelsea with that lot. We didnt play great, decent at best. You said it best, we stole it.

That being said, you cannot discount what that type of performance means to the chemistry of the team. The celebration showed it. They fought together and celebrated their point.

Its important in this rebuilding that the team is together and understands what they are playing for. One thing ive been impressed with is all of our new signings have said they were excited to get to put on the shirt and fight for the club. I think LVG has been buying the right players. Yes hes had to over spend a bit but the clubs position demanded it.

United are still fighting for top 4, and its not unthinkable they will finish there. Infact its pretty damn reasonable.

while I don't disagree (every point is important, and taking anything from the league leaders is massive)... United'd last competitive match before this was a draw to West Brom (needing late goal to do it, and getting out played along the way). I think its fair to say that most teams are going to give Chelsea everything they have, and grinding out a 1-1 draw.. at home, is probably more emblematic of a team getting up for a big game than anything else. Seriously, whats more symbolic of the team's current state? In honesty, United was gifted a ridiculously easy start, one they did not take advantage of. And while a draw to Chelsea on a 94th minute goal may make everyone remember Fergie, the 2-2 struggle with West Brom, nor the preceding dire performances (seriously, outside the QPR match, when have United put forth a solid outing?) seem to be conviently cast aside.

But, because its United, it will desperately viewed as a massive step towards their reclamation project. and to be fair, I am just over the hyperbolic "rise" of United across the internet (literally, the ESPNFC front page has an article titled "City praying Rooney missed Derby" as if the champions are quivering at the thought) not so much here (except for seabhac). If Liverpool were playing better I wouldnt be arsed... but since we are not, i'm just sour

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1d7hrdh2 said:
Smurf":1d7hrdh2 said:

You like United, and I like Liverpool. My opinions are going to be different than yours on any subject relating to the two clubs regardless of the validity of any other points.

YNWA

Fixed your post for ya Si! :p

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":gcdcqtbr said:
I mean....fair enough. Lovren? Alright then. Nice to see Balo put one in, even if it's only in the Carling Cup. Swansea are no mugs, they were up for this one. Still, through to the last 8. Decent.

I really hope Rodgers sets the team up correctly next week in Madrid, otherwise we're dead. We should be going there trying to nick a point. Going at them won't do anything but expose our defensive frailties and get us another drubbing. The 3-0 at Anfield probably flattered Madrid a wee bit - not that they weren't the better team - just that two of the goals were gifted to them, I thought, and we created some decent chances. Still, if we can go there and get a point, I'll be chuffed.

I'm fine just soaking this one in to be honest

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I'm still upset that Arsenal went out of the league cup so early, but with all the injuries, I'm glad that they get a full week to recover before the Burnley match.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19t0lh3c said:
oh behave... theres literally countless hours of Sanchez going at defenders. (as well as countless hours of video of Hazard flying through the air under the breeze of a mid afternoon gust of wind... and I love Hazard as a player)

Nice find though. Probably has Gate in a tizzy.

Personally, I like Sanchez as a player. Wanted him at Liverpool.

Tizzy doesn't even describe it perfectly.

Sanchez is probably the only reason Arsenal are not in a worse position, we should be, but Alexis, and to a lesser extent Welbeck, has bailed us out so many times already. They guy's work rate is inhuman, he's not giving 110%, he's giving 210% every game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Man, QPR played their asses off at Chelsea and would've had the draw if not for a stupid late foul in the box. They look much better than they did at the start of the season, though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1xxpgv9f said:
Man, QPR played their asses off at Chelsea and would've had the draw if not for a stupid late foul in the box. They look much better than they did at the start of the season, though.

True...was a good game to watch. QPR will stay up

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Effective as of yesterday, NBCSN has been moved from the Sports Plus tier to the Basic Plus tier by my cable company so now I'll be able to watch a lot more soccer. Yay me!