Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimation

Reaction score
If the Seahawks want ET3 in Seattle for the next 3 years, he'll pretty much be here no matter what due to how cheap the tag is.

Earl has one year left. This is also at not that bad of a price already, and two tags probably cost less than he'd get in any contract he negotiated...

Sucks to hear though. ET is my favorite Seahawk on the roster since Carroll took over and possibly my favorite of all time.

Ugh, hate the thought of him going. Earl is a man of emotion so I’m just hoping he just had one of those moments (remember last year when he complemented retiring).

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The ironic thing for Earl is that this little stunt of his could backfire. I can't imagine this actually impressed the Cowboys' front office, knowing that if Earl gets pissy or frustrated, he's apt to seek employment in the middle of a season with yet another team.

Just an all-around stupid move by him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
If you read or listen to his old comment he's talking about when he's out of his prime and the Seahawks let him go, he wants to go to Dallas to finish his career. For example, the Ravens eventually let Ed Reed go when he got older and he signed with the Texans. Difference is, Earl has a stated preference for where he wants to play.

Bad timing? Yes. Unprofessional? Yes. Lots of way too triggered folks in the fanbase? Definitely.

Gio

Reaction score
I don't think he wants to be traded. If he wanted that , he could talk to his manager or something like that , not saying it out loud. He wants a max contract and wanted Seahawks to know that.. that's all. What he's seeking for is not going back to play for his home team but $$$ !

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He can go where he wants. However it was totally unprofessional IMO how he did it. Simply said.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
BamKam":12aijwq4 said:
Earl has left everything he possibly has on the field for his career with the Hawks and because of this you guys are jumping down his throat? Absurd. No wonder why he wants to get out of Seattle, fans will turn on you instantly for anything.
He deserves this backlash. It is very unprofessional for any pro athlete to go out and say that at this point in the season. Moreover, he low key bashed Wagner. I thought Wagner may have been over sensitive, but I'm beginning to think that there is something more here.

I'm happy for having him on our team, but right now his actions are very ugly and unbecoming of a professional, and team "leader". He is going out of his way to cause drama, and dis-chord.

I respect what he has done in the past, but I do not respect him as a professional, and a person at the moment.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3c1s6jxm said:
Uncle Si":3c1s6jxm said:
hawknation2017":3c1s6jxm said:
People are reading a lot into this, aren't they?

Seattle ELIMINATED Dallas from playoff contention. He went to their locker room to be classy and made a comment about wanting them to sign him down the road if Seattle kicks him to the curb. It's a business, after all.

Earl's explanation makes total sense:
The biggest thing when I say 'Come get me' is, I don't literally mean like, 'Come get me now.' I'm still in the prime of my career. I still want to be here, but when Seattle kicks me to the curb, please -- the Cowboys -- come get me. That's the only place I would rather be if I get kicked to the curb. So that's what I meant by it. People take life too serious. That's just who I am."

Earl makes clear that his #1 choice is to remain in Seattle. Plenty of fans have speculated about trading him and other members of the L.O.B. So why he shouldn't be thinking about that possibility down the road?

Again, stop being so insecure. Earl says he wants to be here. He played a hell of a game today. That's good enough for me.

The timing is shitty.

The overreaction is just that. But you can't overlook how unprofessional it was regardless.

I just don't agree. If they had lost, it would have been "shitty." As it stands, he said this to a team Seattle had just eliminated from making the playoffs. Plenty of people have speculated about not extending or trading Earl.

He says he "loves being here" and "doesn't want to leave." But that's not necessarily in his control.

It's shitty he did it after the game in front of cameras with the playoffs still on the line.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
He clarified right afterward that he wants to stay in Seattle and was only referring to a contingency.

The playoffs are still on the line because of Earl Thomas. Yet, plenty of people talk about getting rid of him.

Why does it matter that there were cameras? I don't think they could even answer his call because of tampering rules.

I don't see any reason to feel insecure in this situation. In general, I don't believe in kowtowing to the irrational.

But that's just my opinion. If people want to feel badly about it, that's their choice. Hopefully they don't drive him away with any of their idiotic comments. :2thumbs:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
If anything, I think Earl is genuine and honest. He wants to do a "Lynch" (not like other players haven't done the same).
Was his method and timing bad? -for sure. But he's still a Hawk for the foreseeable future. And I think he only knows one way to play and that is 100%.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, after seeing him running after Garrett in the video, I felt embarrassed for him ...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1o3e5t7c said:
hawknation2017":1o3e5t7c said:
Uncle Si":1o3e5t7c said:
hawknation2017":1o3e5t7c said:
People are reading a lot into this, aren't they?

Seattle ELIMINATED Dallas from playoff contention. He went to their locker room to be classy and made a comment about wanting them to sign him down the road if Seattle kicks him to the curb. It's a business, after all.

Earl's explanation makes total sense:
The biggest thing when I say 'Come get me' is, I don't literally mean like, 'Come get me now.' I'm still in the prime of my career. I still want to be here, but when Seattle kicks me to the curb, please -- the Cowboys -- come get me. That's the only place I would rather be if I get kicked to the curb. So that's what I meant by it. People take life too serious. That's just who I am."

Earl makes clear that his #1 choice is to remain in Seattle. Plenty of fans have speculated about trading him and other members of the L.O.B. So why he shouldn't be thinking about that possibility down the road?

Again, stop being so insecure. Earl says he wants to be here. He played a hell of a game today. That's good enough for me.

The timing is shitty.

The overreaction is just that. But you can't overlook how unprofessional it was regardless.

I just don't agree. If they had lost, it would have been "shitty." As it stands, he said this to a team Seattle had just eliminated from making the playoffs. Plenty of people have speculated about not extending or trading Earl.

He says he "loves being here" and "doesn't want to leave." But that's not necessarily in his control.

It's shitty he did it after the game in front of cameras with the playoffs still on the line.

Not an issue according to some here....first I've seen an athlete do something like this in any sport...wonder how his teammates like what he Did?? Maybe more Twitter war on the way...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1b0pn202 said:
Earl Thomas was a huge part of bringing our first Superbowl Trophy to Seattle.

Darrell Bevell was a huge part of losing a Second Superbowl Trophy

Who are we pissed at again?
It’s a team game. Both were equal in winning and losing.

sutz

Reaction score
Wow...5 pages over an off the cuff comment from a player.

:snack:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Cyrus12":irh7b4dq said:
Not an issue according to some here....first I've seen an athlete do something like this in any sport...wonder how his teammates like what he Did?? Maybe more Twitter war on the way...

Bobby Wagner was in the wrong for the way he responded to Earl's comment. Wagner apologized and that was squashed.

I see Sherman on twitter defending the players against unwarranted criticism from the supposed "fans."

Earl Thomas says he wants to remain a Seahawk. That's good enough for me.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Dallas only has $26k in 2018 salary cap as we sit today. Trading him to Dallas would only happen if they shed some contracts, cough cough Dez who just happens to be a good friend of Earl's.

BamKam

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":kr8ntpss said:
BamKam":kr8ntpss said:
Earl has left everything he possibly has on the field for his career with the Hawks and because of this you guys are jumping down his throat? Absurd. No wonder why he wants to get out of Seattle, fans will turn on you instantly for anything.
He deserves this backlash. It is very unprofessional for any pro athlete to go out and say that at this point in the season. Moreover, he low key bashed Wagner. I thought Wagner may have been over sensitive, but I'm beginning to think that there is something more here.

I'm happy for having him on our team, but right now his actions are very ugly and unbecoming of a professional, and team "leader". He is going out of his way to cause drama, and dis-chord.

I respect what he has done in the past, but I do not respect him as a professional, and a person at the moment.

This organization is in turmoil because of AWFUL decisions made by JS and PC lately and neither of them appear to want to be doing anything that actually matters in the long run. JS keeps putting bandaids over weak spots in the roster and has been AWFUL at evaluating talent as of late. PC won't do the hard thing and get rid of the two biggest weak spots on the coaching staff in Bevell and Cable. It is extremely frustrating working for a company whos heads in charge constantly make bad decision after bad decision. I don't agree with what Earl did but all the 12s are actually like the biggest batch of babies on this planet. Earl is one of the greatest Seahawks ever and now 12s basically just want to him leave and pretend he never existed. Sad!

Aw Mang

Reaction score
BamKam":1hr5o4hv said:
Spin Doctor":1hr5o4hv said:
[ t. Earl is one of the greatest Seahawks ever and now 12s basically just want to him leave and pretend he never existed. Sad!

It is Earl who wants to leave by his action yesterday, and IF that is what he wants, and it looks like he does, we just want to get the best possible values for him when he is still in his prime. No point trying to keep somebody who don't want to be here. If Ken Griffey Jr or Randy Johnson could be traded, so can Earl.

BamKam

Reaction score
Aw Mang":175ouyh6 said:
BamKam":175ouyh6 said:
Spin Doctor":175ouyh6 said:
[ t. Earl is one of the greatest Seahawks ever and now 12s basically just want to him leave and pretend he never existed. Sad!

It is Earl who wants to leave by his action yesterday, and IF that is what he wants, and it looks like he does, we just want to get the best possible values for him when he is still in his prime. No point trying to keep somebody who don't want to be here. If Ken Griffey Jr or Randy Johnson could be traded, so can Earl.

I agree with that. A lot of 12s are just being completely hostile and irrational about the situation.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aw Mang":2xdmmryu said:
BamKam":2xdmmryu said:
Spin Doctor":2xdmmryu said:

It is Earl who wants to leave by his action yesterday, and IF that is what he wants, and it looks like he does

"When Seattle kicks me to the curb..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts