Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner

Crizilla

Reaction score
These guys had incredible instincts the stuff you can't coach. We were spoiled. They changed everything and put fear and uncertainty into the opposing offense. If an offense knows it can't go deep or to the middle of the field it changes everything. That's what was so cool about SB49 besides the ending. We got Brady. We got em. We got him in 2012 and 2016 too.

Last edited:

Optimus25

Reaction score
Needed down years to grab both.

Our continual year after year successful failures (barely eeking into the playoffs quality teams) finally showed the Achilles heel.

Look at the depth SF had from losing seasons vs us just flailing with what we had to work with.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Needed down years to grab both.

Our continual year after year successful failures (barely eeking into the playoffs quality teams) finally showed the Achilles heel.

Look at the depth SF had from losing seasons vs us just flailing with what we had to work with.
Wagner was a second-round pick. He's the kind of player that you can draft in the second half of the first round. We just haven't been able to find good players for a really long.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Kam made Earl look better than he was imo

Eh? It's been fairly well recognized he was in the realm of best single high FS's in league history. Guy covered like 40 yards a play and could come up on run D. They all played huge parts in why the defense was so dominate though.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
We were spoiled for sure. Hopefully Cross, Lucas, Walker, Woolen are the next group to spoil us.
I was seriously hoping we wouldn’t make the playoffs because: A)we are good enough YET B)I wouldn’t have to witness and read the yearly .net meltdown.

I thought we hit the draft great and the team did much better than expected this season REBUILDING.

I honestly cannot wait until April to see what magic happens next from the all the picks we have. Also grabbing FAs as well.

getnasty

Reaction score
Eh? It's been fairly well recognized he was in the realm of best single high FS's in league history. Guy covered like 40 yards a play and could come up on run D. They all played huge parts in why the defense was so dominate though.
Yeah probably the other way around. Earl's ability to be elite on the back end allowed Kam to do his thing in the box.