Eagles sign Tim Tebow

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Kelly can somehow trade for Johnny Manziel this will be the greatest offseason in Eagles history. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3239ru9q said:
If Kelly can somehow trade for Johnny Manziel this will be the greatest offseason in Eagles history. :)

Dream Team II.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
canfan":21d77mf1 said:
I think Chip is looking for a QB who can roll out and pass. He now has it.....Tebow can roll out and Bradford can pass! On to the Super bowl! :thirishdrinkers:

OUCH....that hurt.......my chest I laughed so hard. :lol:

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I hated tebowmania about as much as anyone, but I am glad the eagles signed him and im happy for Tim.

He supposedly has put in A LOT of work, way way more than the last time he tried to fix his mechanics. Previously he had only thrown properly enough times to successfully do it in a relaxed setting. As soon as he had people running at him he reverted to his old throw.

If he's put in the time and is willing to be a shortyardage/trick play/ 3rd string project then this just might be the perfect team for him to find a spot in the NFL.

If there was a way to end the media crap with Tebow I would've been happy to have him compete for 3rd string

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
10955314_10153241978396100_2400790159109944293_o.jpg

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
What is Chip Kelly on? Between Tebow, Bradford and Sanchez its the biggest list of flash in the pan quarterbacks in NFL history. The trade value of each dwindling by the hour!

As far as TJack goes I think if you look at the incremental elevation in pay between he and a rookie, the dropoff is going to be far less should they be called upon to actually play. Its like car insurance. Yes there are potentially a few bucks to be saved, but the coverage will leave you wanting when you really need it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2w9evf80 said:
What is Chip Kelly on? Between Tebow, Bradford and Sanchez its the biggest list of flash in the pan quarterbacks in NFL history. The trade value of each dwindling by the hour!

As far as TJack goes I think if you look at the incremental elevation in pay between he and a rookie, the dropoff is going to be far less should they be called upon to actually play. Its like car insurance. Yes there are potentially a few bucks to be saved, but the coverage will leave you wanting when you really need it.

IF the Seahawks really NEED Tarvaris at some point in the season, he will be available because he is useless to any team not running Bevell's system.

evergreen

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1eqmz433 said:
Throwdown":1eqmz433 said:
rideaducati":1eqmz433 said:
Now once Tarvaris Jackson gets signed there actually IS a worse backup than him.

Your hate for TJack completely clouds your judgement
I disagree. I hate TJ and my judgment is crystal clear as is his on this matter in my opinion. Why the disdain for Mr. Coin Flip you ask? Well because Russell Wilson is at the point in his career that if any backup is playing more then a game or two in a single season means that season is lost. Also why pay for a veteran Russell has already moved beyond? He's at the point where HE'S the mentor and we'd be better served with some nobody on a rookie contract.
that's not the same thing. That's not liking how T jack fits our needs, not promoting his lameness. His team was so very very close to being 9-7. Just a few plays here or there... Still, he was a kinda lame starting QB but that puts him near the top of back ups.

Plus I like getting a cheap QB that could get hot, but while were in the Super Bowl window having a competent back up might make the difference.