EAGLES @ 49ERS

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just can't see how anyone could have actually watched that game twice. That game was Jabba ugly and had no business getting any attention in the first place once it was played. I felt like I was going for a Stephen Hawking thrill ride on a trailer connected to his power chair while he narrated.

It certainly wasn't worth analysis.

"Hulk Run"

"Hulk Tackle"

"Ahhhh-Ooooh
Ahhhh-Ooooh
Ahhhh-Ooooh PAPAKI NO THROW FUNNY SHAPE BALL RIGHT UNLESS TO CRO-MAGNON STANDING ALONE OVER ON SIDE OF LOOSE GREEN GRASS OR SKINNY TIPTOE HERO"

Laloosh

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3qsfgtg4 said:
I just can't see how anyone could have actually watched that game twice. That game was Jabba ugly and had no business getting any attention in the first place once it was played. I felt like I was going for a Stephen Hawking thrill ride on a trailer connected to his power chair while he narrated.

"Hulk Run"

"Hulk Tackle"

"Ahhhh-Ooooh
Ahhhh-Ooooh
Ahhhh-Ooooh PAPAKI NO THROW FUNNY SHAPE BALL RIGHT UNLESS TO CRO-MAGNON STANDING ALONE OVER ON SIDE OF LOOSE GREEN GRASS OR SKINNY TIPTOE HERO"

It only takes about 25 minutes in the condensed version, jeez.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4ttkozuo said:
Laloosh":4ttkozuo said:
I think we need fewer excuses around here, 49ers fan.

Have I told you how great that dinner was, that I paid for in cash yesterday? Mmmm... other people's money...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":1jb4ymr4 said:
Have I told you how great that dinner was, that I paid for in cash yesterday? Mmmm... other people's money...
That's it. You're on "bringing a bottle of decent tequila" duty next time.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
I am just to see so much civility between Hawks and 49er fans. Nice to see discussions instead of name calling and bashing. Its pretty nice around here lately with the exception of the spelling, grammer, and punctuation NAZI......and you know who you are.....lol

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1qb4gpst said:
I am just to see so much civility between Hawks and 49er fans. Nice to see discussions instead of name calling and bashing. Its pretty nice around here lately with the exception of the spelling, grammer, and punctuation NAZI......and you know who you are.....lol
WHOA. Calm down, sir. I've been pretty tame and civil.

...Also, that's "grammar", "it's", and...Ah, hell, I give up.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Laloosh":7kfytw7c said:
loafoftatupu":7kfytw7c said:

"Hulk Run"

"Hulk Tackle"

"Ahhhh-Ooooh
Ahhhh-Ooooh

It wasn't a shot at you Laloosh.. It wasn't a shot at anyone. No Jeez required.

Take it easy NINER FAN.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2m5hg1no said:

DIE!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Laloosh":20eom3us said:
RolandDeschain":20eom3us said:
Laloosh":20eom3us said:
I think we need fewer excuses around here, 49ers fan.

You walked out with Ro's cash? Wish I was there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":oasaxnrb said:
It wasn't a shot at you Laloosh.. It wasn't a shot at anyone. No Jeez required.

Take it easy NINER FAN.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the shot I did take at him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ex7ecdi said:
lvnginhwktwn":1ex7ecdi said:

What! Did the world end while I was gone?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2tb8w91d said:
lvnginhwktwn":2tb8w91d said:

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, good for you Roland

HansGruber

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2ko59765 said:
Marvin49":2ko59765 said:
Yes, I'm aware how injured the Eagles were. Particularly up front. Doesn't change the fact that they were thoroughly dominated. Niners weren't lucky to get a win. They dominated the team on the other side of the ball and it was only close because of the returns.

Did the Eagles have a first and goal with less than 3 minutes in the game? After a 15 play 90 yard drive that ended on the 1 that would have put the Iggles up 28-26?

I just can't look at K-Choke and think "dominate" in the same sentence. He had some really bad throws in that game. That 3rd down and forever flag was HUGE for the Niners after a very lengthy drive that actually went backwards.

All that said, staying true to the run game and owning the clock was there for the taking. The Niners had the ball for nearly 3 full quarters and won by 5 points in a game that the Eagles turned it over on the 1 yard line at the end of the game. The Niners played dominate, but they got lucky at the end.
The word you were looking for is "dominant."

Dominant = adjective
Dominate = verb

The key to proper spelling and usage in this case is the suffix.

An "-ate" suffix typically implies a verb (an action). For example: implicate, indicate, translate, vacate, propagate, dominate.

An "-ant" suffix typically implies an adjective (a description) or a noun (an object). For example: triumphant, extravagant, fragrant, brilliant, dominant.

Hope this helps.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HansGruber":9jy4zzu9 said:
loafoftatupu":9jy4zzu9 said:
Marvin49":9jy4zzu9 said:
Yes, I'm aware how injured the Eagles were. Particularly up front. Doesn't change the fact that they were thoroughly dominated. Niners weren't lucky to get a win. They dominated the team on the other side of the ball and it was only close because of the returns.

Did the Eagles have a first and goal with less than 3 minutes in the game? After a 15 play 90 yard drive that ended on the 1 that would have put the Iggles up 28-26?

I just can't look at K-Choke and think "dominate" in the same sentence. He had some really bad throws in that game. That 3rd down and forever flag was HUGE for the Niners after a very lengthy drive that actually went backwards.

All that said, staying true to the run game and owning the clock was there for the taking. The Niners had the ball for nearly 3 full quarters and won by 5 points in a game that the Eagles turned it over on the 1 yard line at the end of the game. The Niners played dominate, but they got lucky at the end.
The word you were looking for is "dominant."

Dominant = adjective
Dominate = verb

The key to proper spelling and usage in this case is the suffix.

An "-ate" suffix typically implies a verb (an action). For example: implicate, indicate, translate, vacate, propagate, dominate.

An "-ant" suffix typically implies an adjective (a description) or a noun (an object). For example: triumphant, extravagant, fragrant, brilliant, dominant.

Hope this helps.
Correct. Terrific catch.

But it doesn't help. The fact is that I am content to allow the Samsung keyboard to complete my words and I am too lazy to verify my grammar. Really disrespectful and indicative of a writer that doesn't care.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qd2n1ph said:
Hans, I'm so proud.
Just doing my part to help out where I can. Noticed that you missed that one and then everyone got into this love-fest and were too busy in a group hug to notice the obvious.

And that's just not going to fly on the .NET

Latest posts