EAGLES @ 49ERS

Marvin49

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3aylmb57 said:
Marvin49":3aylmb57 said:
Barakas":3aylmb57 said:
Marvin49":3aylmb57 said:
Probably some truth there, but I guess I'm just not seeing examples of his supposed horrible play. Compared to last year at this time he's having a great year.

I guess I'm just not seeing why you continue to try and convince Seahawk fans of the greatness of the Krapperdink.

I'll point the way to a place where your opinion may actually matter: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/

Right. Because THATS what I said.

I'm seriously curious what peeps are seeing that I'm not. Not trying to convince anyone. I'm seeing NINER fans here saying he's the problem, but I guess I just don't see it. Sure, he could have played better, but he was hardly the reason the game was close. He gave them 6 but it was the special teams that gave them the rest of the points. Perhaps you could put the first on on him when a guy came unblocked up the middle...but I can't put that sack on him.

I'm just curious. What's he doing that's so horrible?
Kap really is a one read then run QB. He is inconsistent on his accuracy. Pete Carroll said it best before the NFCCG: Hawks wanted to force Kap to have to make plays with his arm. When he makes plays with his feet, he's elite. When he's forced to throw it, he's not terrible, but against an elite defense, he gets eaten up. Vs. Seattle he has 4 TD's 9 INTs.

It's against elite D's that his inaccuracy gets taken advantage of.

Ok enough of the one read then run thing.

Kap has been getting through his reads this year far better than in the past. He's also running and keeping his eyes downfield. Just look at the TD to Gore today or the TD to Stevie Johnson. Neither were his first read by a long shot and were plays he made because he scrambled and kept his eyes downfield.

The one read then run criticism is old and outdated.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3e7jd8ke said:
I guess I can see that on the comp %, but he had at least 5 or 5 drops including a pretty one to Vernon over the middle.

He's completing 70% of his passes on the season tho with a 91 rating and that's including the horror story vs the Bears.

I'd wager that some of those drops were bad passes ;)

With regard to his comp %, it really stood out last week. Seemed like they dialed up a lot of short, high percentage throws for him to help w/ the poor o-line play and lack of TEs to block in week 3. I wonder if that's also why they chose not to try and run the ball very much (the TE thing).

This week many of his passes were short to intermediate but he was seeing a lot of pressure and wasn't finding his targets (hence the comments about not handling the pressure well).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1nkp832j said:
Marvin49":1nkp832j said:
I guess I can see that on the comp %, but he had at least 5 or 5 drops including a pretty one to Vernon over the middle.

He's completing 70% of his passes on the season tho with a 91 rating and that's including the horror story vs the Bears.

I'd wager that some of those drops were bad passes ;)

With regard to his comp %, it really stood out last week. Seemed like they dialed up a lot of short, high percentage throws for him to help w/ the poor o-line play and lack of TEs to block in week 3. I wonder if that's also why they chose not to try and run the ball very much (the TE thing).

This week many of his passes were short to intermediate but he was seeing a lot of pressure and wasn't finding his targets (hence the comments about not handling the pressure well).

At least one of the drops was a bit behind Stevie J but certainly easily catchable. The throw to Vernon tho was pretty and right on the money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1yl4avoo said:
Laloosh":1yl4avoo said:
Marvin49":1yl4avoo said:
SalishHawkFan":1yl4avoo said:
Hate to agree with a Niner fan, but Marv's right, the 9ers dominated Philly. Take away their run game and the Eagles fold. Foles got exposed finally and he looked really bad in his decision making. The 9ers defense looked pretty damned good out there today. Their only flaw is really Kaepernick. Much as they love him, the guy is inconsistent on his passing accuracy. He can rifle in a sniper shot for a TD vs the Hawks one game and throw some pretty bad looking passes against a terrible Eagles defense another day. Even Harbaugh looked fed up with it today. That, more than anything, is why the 9ers are not likely to win it all. But they were not lucky to win today, the Eagles were lucky to even be in that game.

Just curious why peeps thought Kap played so badly. He did fall for that trap play and took a bad delay of game at the end there, but other than that he didn't play to badly. The TD to Gore was almost inhuman. He missed a few throws, but it's not like he played poorly.

Funny fact I read before the game. Seattle fans view Kap as a turnover machine, but did you know that going into the game he had the third LOWEST INT % in NFL HISTORY? I wanna say it was 1.9 or something like that. Foles was #1 at 1.3.

The most obvious response would be to point out the 56% completion percentage, consistent passes behind and over receivers and not handling pressure very well.

Personally, I thought he looked pretty inconsistent all game. Seems like he's getting a taste of what Russ had to deal with last year. An o-line that isn't giving him a clean pocket to sit back and comfortably make throws from and I don't think he handles it all very well (see Russell Wilson).

The tosses to Stevie for the TD and Boldin along the sideline in the second quarter were really nice (though I thought Boldin pushed off). Was nice to see your boy Crabtree finally get called on that btw. The TD to Gore was an example of how terrible Philly's tackling can be in the secondary.

Philly's offense was disgusting. When Foles wasn't completely overthrowing his receivers, his passes were under thrown or directly to a SF player. Their receivers coughed up, what, two fumbles? Had Philly's offense been capable of scoring one TD total, you lose the game. I'd call that a fairly lucky win, all things considered.

SF's defense and run game were the story of the game but not unlike the DAL game, the opposing team did a lot to hurt themselves.

OBTW, he's also RUSHED for 187 yards including 59 today.

All well tho. I guess I'm just not seeing it. I'm sure peeps will say it because I'm a homer, but whatever's clever. I see game playing SOOOO much better than he did at this point last year.

Well Melvin, I'll try to say it the nicest way possible..... "You're a homer!" .....and deep down you know it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1j5cef0p said:
SalishHawkFan":1j5cef0p said:
Marvin49":1j5cef0p said:
Barakas":1j5cef0p said:
Probably some truth there, but I guess I'm just not seeing examples of his supposed horrible play. Compared to last year at this time he's having a great year.

I guess I'm just not seeing why you continue to try and convince Seahawk fans of the greatness of the Krapperdink.

I'll point the way to a place where your opinion may actually matter: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/

I'm seriously curious what peeps are seeing that I'm not. Not trying to convince anyone. I'm seeing NINER fans here saying he's the problem, but I guess I just don't see it. Sure, he could have played better, but he was hardly the reason the game was close. He gave them 6 but it was the special teams that gave them the rest of the points. Perhaps you could put the first on on him when a guy came unblocked up the middle...but I can't put that sack on him.

Kap really is a one read then run QB. He is inconsistent on his accuracy. Pete Carroll said it best before the NFCCG: Hawks wanted to force Kap to have to make plays with his arm. When he makes plays with his feet, he's elite. When he's forced to throw it, he's not terrible, but against an elite defense, he gets eaten up. Vs. Seattle he has 4 TD's 9 INTs.

It's against elite D's that his inaccuracy gets taken advantage of.

Ok enough of the one read then run thing.

Kap has been getting through his reads this year far better than in the past. He's also running and keeping his eyes downfield. Just look at the TD to Gore today or the TD to Stevie Johnson. Neither were his first read by a long shot and were plays he made because he scrambled and kept his eyes downfield.

The one read then run criticism is old and outdated.
It's the truth though Melvin!
Your own radio guy Tim Ryan was saying it during the radio broadcast numerous times. Sometimes the truth hurts!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love how Marvin's acting like the 49ers should have won by 3-4 scores today. Bro, the 49ers made all kinds of random dumb mistakes today, and you won largely because the Eagles made even more random dumb mistakes. Congrats on not losing, but acting like Philly's lucky not to have been blown out, LOL.

Give me a break. More like if Foles hadn't been hot garbage today even when not getting pressured at all, (amazing how many times he overthrew a receiver while NOT being pressured) the Eagles would have won by a couple scores.

You're reminding me of the clowns that acted like we lost to the Chargers because of the heat around here. Just stop. :)

I can't believe the number of mistakes Kaepernick made today. That dude cannot handle pressure. Delay of game following a timeout, LOL. Calling a timeout on 4th down when you just wanted to take the penalty to backup the punter a bit more, LOL.

Ok, Marv. Ok.

NINEster

Reaction score
dracolich81":t4p9bna0 said:
After the niners performance today...I seriously can't wait for us to play them!

A few things you need to remember:

1) NFL seasons are LONG and few teams stay the same week 1 - 17
2) The 49ers will get more talent back, not less
3) The 49ers at home versus the Seahawks on prime time will never ever come out flat (energy)

Right now there's a concern about the 49ers performance, but very little IMO about their talent.

Defense wins championships and I don't see the 49er defense falling off anytime soon. If you allow a field goal to the Eagles then your defense yielded more than ours did to them without some big names in our lineup.

I used to watch many 49er seasons in the Young/Garcia era knowing we'd be very competitive week to week but a lot of doubts proven true come playoff time.

So while this current team is struggling, I have more confidence in them for the long haul than I ever did any of those post '95-pre '03 teams.

Meanwhile, I'd be concerned about that second half schedule for the Seahawks. Definitely looks challenging....all division plus @KC & @PHI.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":3bkh0xfb said:
dracolich81":3bkh0xfb said:
After the niners performance today...I seriously can't wait for us to play them!

A few things you need to remember:

1) NFL seasons are LONG and few teams stay the same week 1 - 17
2) The 49ers will get more talent back, not less
3) The 49ers at home versus the Seahawks on prime time will never ever come out flat (energy)

Right now there's a concern about the 49ers performance, but very little IMO about their talent.

Defense wins championships and I don't see the 49er defense falling off anytime soon. If you allow a field goal to the Eagles then your defense yielded more than ours did to them without some big names in our lineup.

I used to watch many 49er seasons in the Young/Garcia era knowing we'd be very competitive week to week but a lot of doubts proven true come playoff time.

So while this current team is struggling, I have more confidence in them for the long haul than I ever did any of those post '95-pre '03 teams.

Meanwhile, I'd be concerned about that second half schedule for the Seahawks. Definitely looks challenging....all division plus @KC & @PHI.

Given the injuries that SF has had to weather, I'd be optimistic as well but as you said, it's a long season and a lot can change (for better or worse).

The back half of our schedule is going to be a real test without a bye week mixed in there. If SF can avoid further injury and get some guys back, I don't see them falling out of contention unless the shaky pass protection and mental errors continue. Losing VD every other week won't help either.

Threedee

Reaction score
I couldn't believe how terrible Foles was down field, or why he kept attempting the deep ball when he was failing at it so badly.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kjzezan said:
Laloosh":1kjzezan said:
Marvin49":1kjzezan said:
SalishHawkFan":1kjzezan said:
Hate to agree with a Niner fan, but Marv's right, the 9ers dominated Philly. Take away their run game and the Eagles fold. Foles got exposed finally and he looked really bad in his decision making. The 9ers defense looked pretty damned good out there today. Their only flaw is really Kaepernick. Much as they love him, the guy is inconsistent on his passing accuracy. He can rifle in a sniper shot for a TD vs the Hawks one game and throw some pretty bad looking passes against a terrible Eagles defense another day. Even Harbaugh looked fed up with it today. That, more than anything, is why the 9ers are not likely to win it all. But they were not lucky to win today, the Eagles were lucky to even be in that game.

Just curious why peeps thought Kap played so badly. He did fall for that trap play and took a bad delay of game at the end there, but other than that he didn't play to badly. The TD to Gore was almost inhuman. He missed a few throws, but it's not like he played poorly.

Funny fact I read before the game. Seattle fans view Kap as a turnover machine, but did you know that going into the game he had the third LOWEST INT % in NFL HISTORY? I wanna say it was 1.9 or something like that. Foles was #1 at 1.3.

The most obvious response would be to point out the 56% completion percentage, consistent passes behind and over receivers and not handling pressure very well.

Personally, I thought he looked pretty inconsistent all game. Seems like he's getting a taste of what Russ had to deal with last year. An o-line that isn't giving him a clean pocket to sit back and comfortably make throws from and I don't think he handles it all very well (see Russell Wilson).

The tosses to Stevie for the TD and Boldin along the sideline in the second quarter were really nice (though I thought Boldin pushed off). Was nice to see your boy Crabtree finally get called on that btw. The TD to Gore was an example of how terrible Philly's tackling can be in the secondary.

Philly's offense was disgusting. When Foles wasn't completely overthrowing his receivers, his passes were under thrown or directly to a SF player. Their receivers coughed up, what, two fumbles? Had Philly's offense been capable of scoring one TD total, you lose the game. I'd call that a fairly lucky win, all things considered.

SF's defense and run game were the story of the game but not unlike the DAL game, the opposing team did a lot to hurt themselves.

All well tho. I guess I'm just not seeing it. I'm sure peeps will say it because I'm a homer, but whatever's clever. I see game playing SOOOO much better than he did at this point last year.
LOL I love how 66.9% gets rounded up to 70%

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":27jtiuv4 said:

Seriously? Why? So you can dispute the opinion?

Kap is a physically gifted Choke Monster.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":26l6yc0g said:
Yes, I'm aware how injured the Eagles were. Particularly up front. Doesn't change the fact that they were thoroughly dominated. Niners weren't lucky to get a win. They dominated the team on the other side of the ball and it was only close because of the returns.

Did the Eagles have a first and goal with less than 3 minutes in the game? After a 15 play 90 yard drive that ended on the 1 that would have put the Iggles up 28-26?

I just can't look at K-Choke and think "dominate" in the same sentence. He had some really bad throws in that game. That 3rd down and forever flag was HUGE for the Niners after a very lengthy drive that actually went backwards.

All that said, staying true to the run game and owning the clock was there for the taking. The Niners had the ball for nearly 3 full quarters and won by 5 points in a game that the Eagles turned it over on the 1 yard line at the end of the game. The Niners played dominate, but they got lucky at the end.

Melencause

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":igi4s8lx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/516589351392653312[/tweet]

This.... ^^ I'll be surprised if Foles lives through this season. That guy is getting beat up... and is starting to look timid.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Melencause":1pc5nkpg said:
RolandDeschain":1pc5nkpg said:

This.... ^^ I'll be surprised if Foles lives through this season. That guy is getting beat up... and is starting to look timid.

when RW was playing w/o 3 olineman he was able to run, for his life, but Foles has Manning speed.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":rgmztazv said:

I see a lot of Niner fans are being more critical of their own team than outsiders.

I think their defense played a great game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":33y2wzb2 said:
Marvin49":33y2wzb2 said:
Laloosh":33y2wzb2 said:
Marvin49":33y2wzb2 said:

LOL I love how 66.9% gets rounded up to 70%

Actually I read 70% somewhere. Was just coming here to correct it once I saw the accurate number this AM. Dunno where I got 70%. 66.9% is correct.

My bad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ib47cj9 said:
Marvin49":1ib47cj9 said:
Yes, I'm aware how injured the Eagles were. Particularly up front. Doesn't change the fact that they were thoroughly dominated. Niners weren't lucky to get a win. They dominated the team on the other side of the ball and it was only close because of the returns.

Did the Eagles have a first and goal with less than 3 minutes in the game? After a 15 play 90 yard drive that ended on the 1 that would have put the Iggles up 28-26?

I just can't look at K-Choke and think "dominate" in the same sentence. He had some really bad throws in that game. That 3rd down and forever flag was HUGE for the Niners after a very lengthy drive that actually went backwards.

All that said, staying true to the run game and owning the clock was there for the taking. The Niners had the ball for nearly 3 full quarters and won by 5 points in a game that the Eagles turned it over on the 1 yard line at the end of the game. The Niners played dominate, but they got lucky at the end.

Never said he dominated.

I just don't think he played nearly as poorly as some are letting on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3dnijwre said:
Marvin49":3dnijwre said:

Seriously? Why? So you can dispute the opinion?

Kap is a physically gifted Choke Monster.

Of course you can...be he was alleging that I was trying to convince you all he was a great player. I never said that. I said I didn't think he played all that poorly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3fb5td0t said:
Marvin49":3fb5td0t said:
Actually I read 70% somewhere. Was just coming here to correct it once I saw the accurate number this AM. Dunno where I got 70%. 66.9% is correct.

My bad.

Typical of you, Marvin. Always trying to spin, even when you're wrong. SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!

:th2thumbs:

No. I made a mistake. I'm admitting it was a mistake.