DT Malik McDowell expected to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
blame the front office because a player suffered an off field injury?

my definition of a draft bust is Aaron Curry. Drafted as a top 5 selection, he got his money and quit. And, it wasn't a, "doesn't fit our system", because he failed before PC became the HC and he didn't do anything with another team.

agree to disagree.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
truehawksfan":33kaze57 said:
2017 Draft selections -In order 35-46
35. Malik McDowell (DL)
36. Budda Baker (S)
37. Zay Jones (WR)
38. Forrest Lamp (G)
39. Marcus Maye (S)
40. Curtis Samuel (WR)
41. Dalvin Cook (RB)
42. Marcus Williams (S)
43. Sidney Jones (CB)
44. Gerald Everett (TE)
45. Adam Sheeham (TE)

I didn't research anyone of these guys, but that's my point. If you don't them, it means they didn't do a whole last season. So, while I'm not going to say these are the worst pick by those teams....they not good either.

That's debateable. I think the only two that are COMPLETE busts on that list are Malik and Jones. As far as talent goes, I think Cook, Shaheen, Maye, Lamp, and Jones all have the potential to be top tier starters to pro bowl caliber players at their positions. Heck there's 7 on that list that I'd rather have than Malik. I'm being completely honest here, but I didn't know a thing about McDowell pre draft. The first time I ever heard of him was when he was drafted.

Rat

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3iu9fhvl said:
2017 Draft selections -In order 35-46
35. Malik McDowell (DL)
36. Budda Baker (S)
37. Zay Jones (WR)
38. Forrest Lamp (G)
39. Marcus Maye (S)
40. Curtis Samuel (WR)
41. Dalvin Cook (RB)
42. Marcus Williams (S)
43. Sidney Jones (CB)
44. Gerald Everett (TE)
45. Adam Sheeham (TE)

I didn't research anyone of these guys, but that's my point. If you don't them, it means they didn't do a whole last season. So, while I'm not going to say these are the worst pick by those teams....they not good either.

Marcus Williams was phenomenal for 99.99% of last year. A big hit in a ridiculously stellar Saints draft class.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":171ujs80 said:
Yea, Kudo's to Micky Loomis...

(A guy who grew up in the Seahawk system, btw....) He is the gift Seattle gave to New Orleans, in the same way that Schneider is the gift that Green Bay gave to Seattle.

That Saint's draft class is 2012 Seahawish...

and write this down.

Peering into my crystal ball.

Everyone is on the Rams and the Eagles... but this is New Orlean's year.

Just like that Seahawks 2012 sophmore group won the Superbowl in 2013, expect the Saints to get their 2nd Lombardi this year, sending old Brees off with 2 trophies.

I wouldn't complain to see Brees get a 2nd; so long as Russ also got another during his tenure as a Seahawk.

But Malik could have been part of a very talented D-line, and a strong contributor with the right mentoring/coaching. We have been a place that does well on D, so there was a fairly good chance.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3axuh3ps said:
He was criticized for not hustling and having immaturity issues...........not "could be involved in serious ATV accidents."

Doesnt the immaturity issues and having a serious ATV accident kind of go hand in hand?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because they are somehow supposed to be able to predict he would do something that stupid. They must be the only team to ever take a chance on a guy. Geezus

original poster

Reaction score
We're going round in great big circles guys.

We can unlock it as and when new news surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.