Doug Baldwin added to Pro Bowl roster

AgentDib

Reaction score
Obviously the Pro Bowl itself is a joke but I like the way they are moving with the Skills Showdown/Dodge ball game. Who doesn't want to see that? Doug should make a solid showing with good hands and quick feet.

sondevil89

Reaction score
I agree that the Pro-Bowl is not as highly regarded as being all-pro but do the alternate players attain the title of "Pro-Bowler" if they are moved up from alternates to playing in the game?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":fhb00oze said:
I agree that the Pro-Bowl is not as highly regarded as being all-pro but do the alternate players attain the title of "All-Pro" if they are moved up from alternates to playing in the game?

All-Pro is nothing to do with the pro bowl. All-pro is the best position players as voted for by the media.

My understanding is if you are named as a starter or end up actually there even if initially an alternate you get the moniker probowler. So Tom Brady is a probowler as now will be Andy Dalton who is Brady's replacement. Interestingly Tyrod Taylor was supposed to be the replacement but as he was neither a starter or ultimately a replacement he will not get pro bowl honours for this season whilst Dalton does.

sondevil89

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":i62e29sb said:
sondevil89":i62e29sb said:
I agree that the Pro-Bowl is not as highly regarded as being all-pro but do the alternate players attain the title of "All-Pro" if they are moved up from alternates to playing in the game?

All-Pro is nothing to do with the pro bowl. All-pro is the best position players as voted for by the media.

My understanding is if you are named as a starter or end up actually there even if initially an alternate you get the moniker probowler. So Tom Brady is a probowler as now will be Andy Dalton who is Brady's replacement. Interestingly Tyrod Taylor was supposed to be the replacement but as he was neither a starter or ultimately a replacement he will not get pro bowl honours for this season whilst Dalton does.

Sorry, had to edit that., I meant to write "pro-bowler" status.

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3td8aydk said:
sondevil89":3td8aydk said:

ALL Pro is best voted on by your peers, the reason the Pro Bowl is a joke is because it's fans and media that know crap but like the way a players ass looks in Pants or name association.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm glad Doug finally got to go, it was about time.

Pro Bowl, where you can suck for many years, but you are going in for name recognition alone.

London12

Reaction score
Cool picture doing the round of all of our guys there on Instagram. Can't link to it on my phone but it's about 8 players of ours

Chapow

Reaction score
Some of you guys need to lighten up. These guys just finished up months of a grueling, grinding football season. This is a chance for them to get together with some of their friends and colleagues, hang out for a week, and have some fun. This isn't a serious football game and it doesn't mean jack. To expect these guys to go all out like they're playing for a championship or something is ridiculous. It's just for fun and if you watched you would see that these guys are out there having fun and messing around. What's wrong with that?

I'm sure they're all super sorry that some of you aren't entertained because they aren't out there knocking the shit out of each other risking serious injury in this end of season just for fun exhibition game.

People like to call the Pro Bowl a joke. The way I see it, the Pro Bowl isn't the joke, people's ridiculous expectations of the Pro Bowl and incessant whining about not being entertained enough is the joke.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Well it really isn't that great of entertainment, unless you like guys half-assing it for 3 quarters and then a semi-serious game of two-hand touch breaks out in the fourth.

But it's just the nature of the beast. A serious, hard-contact sport like football just doesn't play well as an all-star activity. And then when a player gets an injury in the game that lingers into the next season like Eifert did, you can't blame the players who balk at playing in the game. Just too much at stake.

The only thing going for it is there's not much competition on TV this time of year unless you're really into college basketball. Or maybe Tiger's 89th comeback.