Does Wilson demand a trade after this season?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I already pointed this out.

Wilson has big goals. If he thinks Pete holds him back, he WILL cut the cord.

There will be voices whispering in Wilson's ear that his HC is holding him back and this defense will keep him from ever being recognized as great as the one's he wants to be compared to. The moment he falls out of the Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes comparisons...he will start chafing.

I think he demands a trade next year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2lcc6a0c said:
I already pointed this out.

Wilson has big goals. If he thinks Pete holds him back, he WILL cut the cord.

There will be voices whispering in Wilson's ear that his HC is holding him back and this defense will keep him from ever being recognized as great as the one's he wants to be compared to. The moment he falls out of the Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes comparisons...he will start chafing.

I think he demands a trade next year.

I will bet you your .Net signature he will not.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
I hope so. No reason to keep him on this team now.
Seriously, we need to blow this no talent team up. Start with some fresh young,hungry players.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It might not be next year.

But I think good chance. Not 100%.

What I do think is that resigning Pete means Wilson will leave here, likely early. Almost no chance he resigns.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":lslyq4eh said:
It might not be next year.

But I think good chance. Not 100%.

What I do think is that resigning Pete means Wilson will leave here, likely early. Almost no chance he resigns.

I agree

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One small hope:

Wilson threatened his HC to open the offense. It worked.

Maybe he can threaten his HC that either get rid of Norton or get rid of him.

(ie 'Fire Norton or Trade Me' type of ultimatum)

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2khbat4r said:
One small hope:

Wilson threatened his HC to open the offense. It worked.

Maybe he can threaten his HC that either get rid of Norton or get rid of him.

(ie 'Fire Norton or Trade Me' type of ultimatum)

Maybe he should take care of the football first

TypeSly

Reaction score
There's no way he demands a trade, after a season designed to "let him cook"

John63

Reaction score
TypeSly":20pskrge said:

Why not., sure let him cook but that lasted 5 games, or have you not watched the changes on offense in the last 4? Lack of short passing game, or it going away after 1 drive. lack of screens. etc etc.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":j8nega93 said:
TypeSly":j8nega93 said:

Why not., sure let him cook but that lasted 5 games, or have you not watched the changes on offense in the last 4? Lack of short passing game, or it going away after 1 drive. lack of screens. etc etc.

Never Russell's fault

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He has a no-trade clause in his contract. I don't know how that plays out if he wants a trade, and I imagine that there is a framework for getting away from it if he is unhappy.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Baffling shout..that’s two games in a row he’s been responsible for major turnovers. He wanted the organization to let him control the offense..they gave him it and he’s thrown a ridiculous amount of INT for no reason. Yeah we hear about him forcing it because of the D..but today proved to me it’s on him..absolutely no debating the fact he was the one that hurt our offense. Just inexcusable.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Funny i didn't know it was the head coach forcing him to make idiotic decisions such as taking an inexcusable intentional grounding or throwing an immediate pick after the defense FINALLY makes a play.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
No doubt he is off his game but I would love to see any of you make any kind of mental decision after taking the shots he has in the last 4 weeks.

The first was unbelievably poor choice, when I watch the replay the defenders blue jersey was almost invisible is the end zone. Maybe he just didn’t see him. Poor choice though with what looked like an easy first running.

Everyone hear talks about trades as being the fool proof idea, Russ is no dummy, he knows that going to another team even if they are stacked is no guarantee and has tons of risk. He has a WR that should become one of the greats all time...he isn’t leaving.

Fade

Reaction score
I don't see him demanding a trade, but he won't be resigning with the Seahawks if they don't start seriously turning around their defense. Wilson wants championships. Not 10-6 and an early playoff exit.

Going into his contract year both sides might come to an agreement that it is time to move on, and he is traded, but I don't see it, yet. They would need to have a really bad 2021 to get me to think this is an actual option.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":6qr1myiv said:
I don't see him demanding a trade, but he won't be resigning with the Seahawks if they don't start seriously turning around their defense. Wilson wants championships. Not 10-6 and an early playoff exit.

Going into his contract year both sides might come to an agreement that it is time to move on, and he is traded, but I don't see it, yet. They would need to have a really bad 2021 to get me to think this is an actual option.

Maybe he shouldn't have eight turnovers in three weeks if he's so worried about his defense.

I like how every time Russell stinks it's not his fault and he wants out. When do we hold him responsible for his poor play? He certainly does, maybe fans should follow suit.

Because if we're trading him, it's sure as hell not to Kansas City........it's to a terrible team with lots of high draft capital where he's going to stink much worse than he did here.

Latest posts