Is Russ a bit of a chunker?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Sac

Reaction score
I know the extra cushion helps keep him healthy, but he's sacrificed a lot of speed for that durability and he seems to be taking more hits because of it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Caira worked that baby weight off with weight watchers and hard work i accept Russ to do the same

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well let's put it this way. A few weeks ago, someone on .NET made a comment after being too slow to evade sacks or running outside of the pocket I suppose, that he just looked like a "potato".

Even I laughed a bit. Well my neighbor, the Broncos fan, has never let that go and today he said he wanted to offer up a little arts and crafts project for me. I walked outside and this was sitting on my fence. Hate it, love it, pretty apropos of the conversation...(For the record I found it hilarious).

Russpotato

chris98251

Reaction score
He has went from being a Pinball to more of a Bowling ball. Still rolls but not that quick suddenness.

John63

Reaction score
Be careful what you asked for, maybe he is a little heavier, but he is also staying on the filed. he looses weight, and he may be more likely to be injured. Though given the way some here talk they might want him injured.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think hes just bigger on top of that. In my early 30s even in the greatest shape of my life I could never get back to the same weight as my early to mid 20s as your body just kind of keeps growing. I mean look at Bobby Wagner now vs when he was drafted, he just put on more adult mass over the years.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1saahzqz said:
I think hes just bigger on top of that. In my early 30s even in the greatest shape of my life I could never get back to the same weight as my early to mid 20s as your body just kind of keeps growing. I mean look at Bobby Wagner now vs when he was drafted, he just put on more adult mass over the years.

“Adult mass”! I like that. From now on when my wife tells me I need to lose weight I’ll just say I have adult mass.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I don’t know if he needs to lose weight or add weight. It’s his body. He knows it better than anyone. What I really think needs to happen is two things.

1. Russ needs to adapt his game to an older more experienced QB. I’ve seen less of his spin moves to elude defenders like he seemed to do so easily in his younger years. It’s a fact of life that we all lose quickness, speed, and mobility as we age. Each decade of life sees a further eroding of these abilities. If Russ really wants to play for a long time he will need to adapt and recreate his playing style to a more Drew Brees type of skill set. Defenses have studied him and adapted. I’ve seen aspects of him where he has changed things up in response to the defensive changes to his game. He needs to use this offseason to create, understand and mold his body memory into this new and needed change.

2. The offensive line needs to be built and changed to less of a line that does just enough that Wilson’s skill set covers up their shortcomings to a line that can actually protect the QB. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that for the first 9 years of Wilson’s career that team management felt like it was a luxury that they didn’t need to commit large capital to protecting the QB. RWs skill set provided a layer of protection that allowed them to go cheap. This is a luxury that if it’s not yet gone, it won’t be there very much longer. The hiring of Solari, the drafting of Lewis and the changes we saw for 2020 were the beginnings of this change in philosophy. It’s going to be critical and very interesting to see how they approach this during this offseason.

chet380

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":20kcsi8i said:
ZagHawk":20kcsi8i said:

“Adult mass”! I like that. From now on when my wife tells me I need to lose weight I’ll just say I have adult mass.

Or call it 'middle body strength'.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":340d82vk said:
ZagHawk":340d82vk said:

LOL, beat me to it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
He's no more overweight than Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, or Ryan Tannehill.

The idea that he is "fat" is well...just another thing to add to the idea that RW is often demeaned by Seahawks fans.

Latest posts