Does Percy play next week?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":18nr4fd3 said:
Sgt. Largent":18nr4fd3 said:
Has there ever been a player in Hawks history as frustrating as Harvin's been?

It was obvious from the start that the Saints game plan for Harvin was to beat the hell out of him because they know he's not only dinged up, but nowhere near game shape. Mission Accomplished.........and if he he does play against the Niners, look for more of the same.

It didn't help that Russell floated two horrible passes to him to help the Saints crush Harvin. That one in the Endzone should have been on a line, not floated up into the corner.

hate to argue such a small point but there is no way that pass works 'on a line' as there was a defender right in front of Wilson with his hands up in the air and another defender that would have picked off a pass on a lower trajectory in front of harvin, the only reason the play was close to a catch was because it was high and the defender on harvin fell down having to adjust to high pass, anything lower and it would have been right into his hands.

Wilson was rolling out, so the pass definitely could have had more zip on it as Harvin was open. Floating the pass allowed the safety to catch up to the play and knock the hell out of Harvin. Russell also floated the first pass to Harvin that got him crushed.

I know criticizing Russell is taboo on this forum, as he walks on water for most of you, but sorry the dude's not passing the ball well right now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If he plays...I think we would be silly to think that the Niners don't try a headshot on Harvin early to take him out for good...it is only a 15 yd penalty...I just hope we reciprocate if it does happen. Boldin's head is a big target right now...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If the ball is any lower it's batted or picked. Sorry. I don't think it's taboo to critique the QB but watch the tape before doing so.

This ball needs to be thrown both high enough to arc over the approaching defender's outstretched arms and land behind the defender in the end zone. If the arc isn't right the defender at the goal line isn't falling down in this shot, he's jumping up to pick it off.

Wilsonharvin zpsdd6b10ba

mrinsatiable

Reaction score
We need Harvin's presence on the field regardless. He causes defenses to think twice about double coverage and playing man defense.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hawknballs":14954p19 said:
Sgt. Largent":14954p19 said:
Has there ever been a player in Hawks history as frustrating as Harvin's been?

It was obvious from the start that the Saints game plan for Harvin was to beat the hell out of him because they know he's not only dinged up, but nowhere near game shape. Mission Accomplished.........and if he he does play against the Niners, look for more of the same.

It didn't help that Russell floated two horrible passes to him to help the Saints crush Harvin. That one in the Endzone should have been on a line, not floated up into the corner.

hate to argue such a small point but there is no way that pass works 'on a line' as there was a defender right in front of Wilson with his hands up in the air and another defender that would have picked off a pass on a lower trajectory in front of harvin, the only reason the play was close to a catch was because it was high and the defender on harvin fell down having to adjust to high pass, anything lower and it would have been right into his hands.

You may be correct about the interception risk. I would say that when the choices are either A) Throw a pass with some zip that poses a dangerous interception risk, B) Throw a floater that will expose your WR to a dangerous hit because the safety will have tons of time to sprint over there, or C) Throw it to a different receiver or throw it away...You choose C.

Russell chose B and Percy paid the price.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1d0lpjwl said:
If the ball is any lower it's batted or picked. Sorry. I don't think it's taboo to critique the QB but watch the tape before doing so.

This ball needs to be thrown both high enough to arc over the approaching defender's outstretched arms and land behind the defender in the end zone. If the arc isn't right the defender at the goal line isn't falling down in this shot, he's jumping up to pick it off.

Wilsonharvin zpsdd6b10ba

That's the best pic you could find? Lol.

Here's the recap video, go to 3:09 and you'll see the play develop.

http://prod.www.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/ ... f7a0ec8564

Harvin was not only open for a second, but the closer defender was falling backwards and would not have been able to make a play on a harder thrown ball. It was floated, which resulted in Harvin having to go up high which exposed him to getting crushed.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Its just a screen cap of the same video you just posted. It doesn't need to be a high resolution photo to see that if the ball is thrown on a line, its batted or picked.

now if you want to talk about whether the ball should have been thrown that's another discussion.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Pete said that they have to go through protocol but sounded optimistic that the extra day is going to help.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":3oi7lgrc said:
I'm concerned about his shoulder.

They didn't bring that up on the Brock and Danny show so I don't think that is an issue..