Does Percy play next week?

HoRneR

Reaction score
marko358":2sz37l74 said:
hoxrox":2sz37l74 said:
Just heard on Fox sports 1 that there were "no symptoms" today and they are "optimistic"
WOOT!!! :179422:

I don't think that matters much the first time he gets out and runs or works out will be the real test if he can play on Sunday.

sutz

Reaction score
HoRneR":3hz117zu said:
marko358":3hz117zu said:
hoxrox":3hz117zu said:
Just heard on Fox sports 1 that there were "no symptoms" today and they are "optimistic"
WOOT!!! :179422:

I don't think that matters much the first time he gets out and runs or works out will be the real test if he can play on Sunday.
Yeah, while that sounds good, the 'protocol' doesn't really allow them to make a decision until Tue/Wed IIRC. Sounds good, but the kid's health is the important thing here. Besides, let the Niners stew about whether he plays or not. Frankly, I hope Pete declares Percy one of those "game time decisions."
;)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Get him out there (if possible) and make him the centre piece of the passing game.

Loads of targets. Feed him the ball. Just get it to him and let him do the rest.

He is exactly what the passing game needs to get going. But they've got to get him the ball -- we need to see a real focus there.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I hope the Niners dont take a page out of the Saints book and try to take him out of the game as early as possible. Although, they could apply this theory to Tate as well.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
As far as the NFL protocol goes, him not having any symptoms yesterday doesnt mean much. But it IS a good sign. Next will be seeing how he responds with a workload, then increasing the workload and seeing, etc. The process takes time, but ik fairly confident he will play. If its up to Percy he'll play.

Haven't really kept up, but I'm assuming his hip reacted well?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2whwchqi said:
I hope the Niners dont take a page out of the Saints book and try to take him out of the game as early as possible. Although, they could apply this theory to Tate as well.

Two can play that game.

[youtube]NKqlpkzZWiU[/youtube]

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Percy will pass, because he is such a warrior he will know exactly the right things to say and do to get back on the field.

Then half way through the first quarter he will get hurt again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Has there ever been a player in Hawks history as frustrating as Harvin's been?

It was obvious from the start that the Saints game plan for Harvin was to beat the hell out of him because they know he's not only dinged up, but nowhere near game shape. Mission Accomplished.........and if he he does play against the Niners, look for more of the same.

It didn't help that Russell floated two horrible passes to him to help the Saints crush Harvin. That one in the Endzone should have been on a line, not floated up into the corner.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1v3k0a8q said:

It was obvious from the start that the Saints game plan for Harvin was to beat the hell out of him because they know he's not only dinged up, but nowhere near game shape. Mission Accomplished.........and if he he does play against the Niners, look for more of the same.

It didn't help that Russell floated two horrible passes to him to help the Saints crush Harvin. That one in the Endzone should have been on a line, not floated up into the corner.

Marcus Tubbs had special talent and only had one full season, that's frustrating.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2yad88o2 said:
Percy will pass, because he is such a warrior he will know exactly the right things to say and do to get back on the field.

Then half way through the first quarter he will get hurt again.

Not how it works.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2x80hmr5 said:

Agree about those damn floaters. Russell needs to protect his WRs, especially Percy in his first game back in quite a while. Those high floaters that give the safety loads of time to sprint over and lay the wood are really not cool.

Anyways, I think all we can do is hope he passes the concussion protocols and gets cleared. No one knows if that will happen yet.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j38u9em said:

Brian Bosworth? Aaron Curry? So much potential, so little contribution. We have a few years to see how it plays out. Frustrating yes, but way too early to class Percy with those guys.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":cs87qxwk said:
Anyways, I think all we can do is hope he passes the concussion protocols and gets cleared. No one knows if that will happen yet.

I'm worried about more than just passing the concussion test. Harvin got destroyed in the Endzone, and looked like he was hurting EVERYWHERE, not just his head. So I wouldn't be surprised if we find out today he has multiple issues trying to come back this week.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Football Outsiders said Percy was wearing a sling on one arm after the game in the locker room.

Great. Go **** yourselves, Saints. Clearly targeting him with intent to injure.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gid2r70 said:
Football Outsiders said Percy was wearing a sling on one arm after the game in the locker room.

Yikes, hadn't heard that before. Not getting a good feeling about seeing Percival out there next sunday, but I will hold out hope for now.

lukerguy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":24beuowr said:

I never saw that..

Polaris

Reaction score
Let's see what Coach Carroll has to say before we commit hari-kari.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":143u5gl6 said:

hate to argue such a small point but there is no way that pass works 'on a line' as there was a defender right in front of Wilson with his hands up in the air and another defender that would have picked off a pass on a lower trajectory in front of harvin, the only reason the play was close to a catch was because it was high and the defender on harvin fell down having to adjust to high pass, anything lower and it would have been right into his hands.

Latest posts