Does Percy play next week?

drdiags

Reaction score
He did have that extra day to move along the protocol. I am hopeful that he can be ready by Wednesday's practice. Otherwise, his lack of reps only makes it tougher to get him grooving with the offense.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He looked well after the game, but who knows what that means. He got rocked twice.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
drdiags":3fbrz1w1 said:
He did have that extra day to move along the protocol. I am hopeful that he can be ready by Wednesday's practice. Otherwise, his lack of reps only makes it tougher to get him grooving with the offense.

There is the no groove for him to get into with the offense. I would say if he doesn't come back he can't be the groove the offense needs.

drdiags

Reaction score
falcongoggles":214hh009 said:
drdiags":214hh009 said:

There is the no groove for him to get into with the offense. I would say if he doesn't come back he can't be the groove the offense needs.

Huh? Let me try again. He can be cleared any time during the week but if he isn't getting reps with the offense during the installations mid-week his impact is limited. Not sure what you are saying but it probably is just me.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Yes he will play. Just guess but a vote for optimism at least :)

Polaris

Reaction score
Concussions are tricky, but I'd be suprised if he doesn't. Outside appearences suggest that it was a mild concussion at worst, and players frequently come back the next week from those (esp on a long week).

BGHawk

Reaction score
he damn well better play..same with kj, its the playoffs..there are no injuries in the playoffs.

Brett

Reaction score
I just hope there were no other setbacks with the hip.....

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":37j3y4s8 said:
sutz":37j3y4s8 said:
kidhawk":37j3y4s8 said:
I think that more often than not, people come back the next week from concussions, but Harvin took not one, but two really hard blows to the head so I think that I honestly don't know what to think about his availability for the NFCCG. I would guess by Wednesday or Thursday we'd have a better idea.
This ^^^. The new protocol means you don't really know for a couple of days. Too many players that seemed OK the day after the hit and then got woozy later in the week when they were already cleared to practice.

1. Hopefully, he's OK.

2. I hope he can play for us next week if so.

In that order.

Especially since he has a history of migraines, which is usually the lingering symptom that keeps guys from playing the next week after they have had a concussion.

If he get's headaches, he could be out for the year, because he has already shown that those can linger for him for weeks.
His migraines from 3 years ago were not related to concussions at all. They were a result of sleep apnea.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -migraines

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
getnasty":k4ld6sb5 said:
I would think he should be good to go as long as he passes all the concussion test, am i wrong in thinking this. Offense is gonna need all their weapons next week.
Don't see why he won't pass the protocols. Man, will he be PISSED. Sorry San Francisco (not really).

willyum

Reaction score
as long as he passes the protocol with the team, i dont see why not. hes tough as hell for a 185 pounder who plays with the reckless intensity that he does.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BGHawk":3vh7w508 said:
he damn well better play..same with kj, its the playoffs..there are no injuries in the playoffs.

Yeah it's really not as simple as "rub some dirt on it" with concussions. Among the people who have to approve him to play include a doctor that isn't affiliated with the team. If he doesn't sign off then Percy doesn't play.

warden

Reaction score
The extra day because we played Saturday and don't play again till Sunday will help

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If he does play it won't surprise me if Whitner tries to lay him out the first opportunity he gets. He seems like that type of player.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1myy78sg said:
If he does play it won't surprise me if Whitner tries to lay him out the first opportunity he gets. He seems like that type of player.

Oh that softy Whitner will try, he'll probably miss and concuss himself on the ground and we'll get called dirty for it ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
getnasty":17pqhff8 said:
I would think he should be good to go as long as he passes all the concussion test, am i wrong in thinking this. Offense is gonna need all their weapons next week.
Don't see why he won't pass the protocol s. Man will he be PISSED sorry San Francisco (not really).

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Best case scenario. Harvin cleared an d gets 10+ catches and goes beast on YAC. Plus a Kick off return.

Not out of the realm people.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Just heard on Fox sports 1 that there were "no symptoms" today and they are "optimistic"

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Look at the bright side fellas and ladies....
Percey being out for half the game yesterday means we can STILL USE ALL THE PLAYS HE PRACTICED cause no one has seen them :)
Seee....