Does Jaxon Smith-Njigba has some Jerry Rice in him?

toffee

Reaction score
The two are fairly similar in size, Jerry 6'2" 200 lbs. Jaxon 6'1" 196 lbs. Both didn't have elite foot speed, Jerry was said to be a 4.71 sec guy, Jax a 4.52 sec guy. OK Jerry was a flanker, Jaxon a slot. Jerry has much longer arms at 33 3/8" vs Jaxon's 30", Couldn't find Jerry's hand size, but Jaxon's only 9"., but still bigger than Lockett's 8 3/8" and same as Anthonio Brown and Davante Adams.

Could Jaxon develop into a career that will make Jerry proud?

Last edited:

Mix

Reaction score
The two are fairly similar in size, Jerry 6'2" 200 lbs. Jaxon 6'1" 196 lbs. Both didn't have elite foot speed, Jerry was said to be a 4.71 sec guy, Jax a 4.52 sec guy. OK Jerry was a flanker, Jaxon a slot. Jerry has much longer arms at 33 3/8" vs Jaxon's 30", Couldn't find Jerry's hand size, but Jaxon's only 9"., but still bigger than Lockett's 8 3/8"

Could Jaxon develop into a career that will make Jerry proud?
Depends on if JSN is willing to cheat and then admit to it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I dont remember Jerry ever being the third best receiver on his team. Jaxon has a long ways to go before ever considering that comparison.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
I dont remember Jerry ever being the third best receiver on his team. Jaxon has a long ways to go before ever considering that comparison.
Right now the only comp to Jerry Rice I "see" is good size and decisive route running that creates "easy" separation to make full use of his game speed (lacking true "track" speed which Rice also lacked ...being a 4.6 40 timer)

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Skillset wise he reminds me of Cooper Kupp to be honest.
Ha Ha ...we have our own Megatron and Rice/Kupp "knock-offs" in DK and JSN...with Tyler "Rockett" thrown in for good measure.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What is more funny is when people get mad at the PLAYER when fans or media make comparisons. The player has nothing to do with it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I don’t think he was great as a Rookie. Lots of drops

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don’t think he was great as a Rookie. Lots of drops

I cant remember to be honest. I just looked him up though and he only started 4 games his rookie season but he ended up with 927 yards receiving and was UP candidate for Rookie of the Year.. Thats pretty good.

Last edited:

KinesProf

Reaction score
There is a little bit of many guys in JSN. I actually don't see much Jerry Rice to his game though.

Elements of Kupp in terms of agility testing and yac (not the fastest, but great first move and vision after the catch). Some Justin Jefferson in terms of playing his college ball primarily out of the slot, and JSN will likely win with a lot of the same crossing and in-breaking routes that Jefferson excels at. Some Amon-Ra too.

His 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle were ultra elite, in the 96th and 97th percentile. Which for us may trigger some Baldwin memories, though Doug was faster in a straight line.

He kind of lies between Doug and Kupp. Bigger than Doug but not as fast; smaller than Kupp, but faster. But with elite short area quickness, awareness, and route precision much like those two.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
If DK is Megatron and JSN is Cooper Kupp, then who is Tyler Lockett? Most of you are too young, but I think Lockett is Lance Alworth.

I'm really excited to see what JSN can do this year. I think we're going to see the three receivers line up in different places, trying to create mismatches.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If DK is Megatron and JSN is Cooper Kupp, then who is Tyler Lockett? Most of you are too young, but I think Lockett is Lance Alworth.

I'm really excited to see what JSN can do this year. I think we're going to see the three receivers line up in different places, trying to create mismatches.

I was thinking Cliff Branch, but I like the Alworth comparison too.