Do we really believe Brock Purdy is the real deal long term?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I have my doubts, can't say I've seen that much of his game to know it's weaknesses, but I do have a feeling his prior success could be exceptional. If we get lucky his numbers could sink to average this year, at least I hope.

I know our resident 9ers homers are gonna be all over the "he's the next Brady", but realistically, will he be a top ten QB? What does the rest of Seahawks fandom think?

GemCity

Reaction score
There was enough of a sample size to say he is the real deal.

“Real deals” have fallen off…Russ was a real deal…

Weadoption

Reaction score
he’s like Jeff Garcia, with less freckles and that weird jump throw delivery.
if he puts up Jeff Garcia like numbers that would be about as much as I would expect for his upper ceiling, which is I think a top 15 player at the position.
it’s just so early though, but his game could get better on some levels, or worse as Defenses adjust to his weaknesses.
Clubhouse and fan base loves him.
In summary, I have no idea, mostly hopium.

knownone

Reaction score
The sample size is too small to determine what Purdy is long-term. The only thing we know is that he was in an ideal situation. He wasn't asked to make many plays. Great playmakers surrounded him. And the Niner's defense kept them in every game.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
He's got the luxury of having a pretty good team around him to help him figure it out.

If his elbow heals properly, he'll be fine.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be great. He just needs to be good. Brad Johnson 2.0.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
he’s like Jeff Garcia, with less freckles and that weird jump throw delivery.
if he puts up Jeff Garcia like numbers that would be about as much as I would expect for his upper ceiling, which is I think a top 15 player at the position.
it’s just so early though, but his game could get better on some levels, or worse as Defenses adjust to his weaknesses.
Clubhouse and fan base loves him.
In summary, I have no idea, mostly hopium.
Having watched both quarterbacks, Posey has much better pocket presence than Jittery Jeff ever did. His main limitations are arm strength and a tendency to roll backwards into trouble. Posey is also in a much better situation as the 49ers were entering an era of salary cap hell when Garcia took the reins and as you are all aware, the 49ers are kind of a juggernaut right now.

Latest posts