Division Rivals

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":x6yqm3k9 said:
RedAlice":x6yqm3k9 said:
I think discussion is good.

It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

Niners sneaking up.

So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.

Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

- If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
- Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
- Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half

The original question I responded to somewhere in this thread was who is the BEST QB in this division this year.

I was told pretty much its Wilson and slammed for saying else.

The games are being played.....

https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1045 ... 82304?s=21

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... 70-yard-td

Maulbert

Reaction score
RedAlice":3nkaawev said:
Maulbert":3nkaawev said:
adeltaY":3nkaawev said:
Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

The Rams, probably are for real, but they haven't really played anyone yet. Their opponents combined record is 1-8, with the only victory being over the Nathan Peterman-led Bills. I just want them to prove it against real talent first.

:179417:

Oh wait, you want proof v real talent, so Vikes prolly no longer qualify.

Who does?

I posted that a day before the game. Give me a break. You need to check your insecurity. I will, however, point out, the Rams still haven't set foot outside California yet this season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Maulbert":2cnuavbe said:
RedAlice":2cnuavbe said:
Maulbert":2cnuavbe said:
adeltaY":2cnuavbe said:
Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

The Rams, probably are for real, but they haven't really played anyone yet. Their opponents combined record is 1-8, with the only victory being over the Nathan Peterman-led Bills. I just want them to prove it against real talent first.

:179417:

Oh wait, you want proof v real talent, so Vikes prolly no longer qualify.

Who does?

I posted that a day before the game. Give me a break. You need to check your insecurity. I will, however, point out, the Rams still haven't set foot outside California yet this season.

My insecurity? Give me a break.

Yes, I am aware of the Rams schedule and your need to justify why they are not good.

And are we not ALL posting comments about the teams before the games? I am being quite severely under talking about my team right now, both before and after the games.

adeltaY

Reaction score
So I think the Rams have gone three and out twice (maybe thrice) now in four games?

In seattle we call that the first quarter :mrgreen:

chris98251

Reaction score
You guys want to know who the best QB is ?

It the guy that has great talent coming in, then a scheme and coaches that will adapt to his strengths and surround him with good talent to use, then he needs a good OC and Coach that will not get in his way, throw in a O line which I include in good talent, doesn't have to be all Pro every where just good enough to work as a unit to be consistent.

The All Pro's and the MVP and playoffs come with the above, oh and a decent defense to get him the ball in shorter fields.

That can be any of the 4 teams any given year, you seen the 49ers rise and fall, Cards rise and fall, Seahawks rise and are trying not to fall, and now the Rams rising. All have had Coaching and Gm and DC and OC changes that created ripples, maybe not year one, but by year two many times you began to see changes in how things were done and attitudes of players on all the teams.

The reason I say this is when you have guys like Fouts, Pastorini, Marino, Archie Manning, who were great QB's but were on teams that had a missing element.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I use this as a gimmick on some boards.

But here, it’s true. Chris is right.

Always right.

Word.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Also gonna say this.

I have been accused of being “different” now.

But my god, I am a fan of a team that is performing. A team that has sucked while I loved them heart and soul.

Is my attitude different? Yes.

Is my love different? No.

Do I respect all fans here? Yes.

Call me out if needed, but to the end of the earth I now and always have loved my babies and respected yours.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":3tu9wqpw said:
Also gonna say this.

I have been accused of being “different” now.

But my god, I am a fan of a team that is performing. A team that has sucked while I loved them heart and soul.

Is my attitude different? Yes.

Is my love different? No.

Do I respect all fans here? Yes.

Call me out if needed, but to the end of the earth I now and always have loved my babies and respected yours.

I know you weren't addressing me with this but still...

...don't even trip. Nature of the beast. When your team sucks, you say they suck. That earns you respect. When they don't suck and you say they don't suck you get grief. Its just the way it works.

All fans of other teams wanna hear is why your team sucks and is worse than their team. That's all it is.

As a Niner fan, I want the Rams to suck. :D I admit it. Moreover, Of COURSE i do.

However, they don't. In fact, not close.

Now peeps could go into how good McVay is and how he makes Goff look better and that Wilson doesn't have a good OC, etc, etc, but in the end none of that matters as its all subjective. There is really no way to know.

Wanna hear something blasphemous as a Niner fan? I love Joe Montana and Steve Young. Do I think they would have been just as good without Bill Walsh? The homer Niner fan would say "Of course!!"

Reality though is that there is no way to know. Steve certainly wasn't Steve in Tampa.

Bottom Line, You are what your stats and record say you are. Rams and Goff right now easily the class of the division. Feel free to let your fan flag fly. I would.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Beathard led niners team put some serious points up on the Chargers and it was a close game. That's a heck of a job.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":25zvugtx said:
Beathard led niners team put some serious points up on the Chargers and it was a close game. That's a heck of a job.

Yeah, esp considering Staley and all the other players who did if not exit played notably hurt in the game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
adeltaY":m8e1p5cy said:

...and the two INTs could easily be argued were not his fault.

The first was right in Celeks hands and bounced off his shoulderpad and into the air. If he catches it, it might be a TD. As it was, it was nearly a 95+ yard pick 6.

The second I think should have rightfully been called a fumble and not an INT. He was blindsided by Derwin James and the LT (Not Staley as he was out) didn't pick him up.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rams gonna play in the snow this week.

Didn’t think this fact needed it’s own thread, so thought I would put it here.

Many and most of the Rams team has played in the snow, I do not think Goff has though.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The 49ers have 8... EIGHT starters on offense injured.

This same shit happened last year. How is it that the 49ers keep getting so many injuries? Okay, Jimmy G was a dumbass for not stepping out of bounds, but what's going on?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":3d6ky2ql said:

Many and most of the Rams team has played in the snow, I do not think Goff has though.
Rams got Gurly. If they're passing a bunch, they're doing it wrong anyway.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":m43k4b67 said:
The 49ers have 8... EIGHT starters on offense injured.

This same shit happened last year. How is it that the 49ers keep getting so many injuries? Okay, Jimmy G was a dumbass for not stepping out of bounds, but what's going on?

Rams used to have a similar problem. IMO it's the coaching staff and primarily the strength and conditioning coach when the problem is THAT bad.

I know a lot of them were flukes but I really think it has a lot to do with the S and C coach.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3lqumc1d said:
RedAlice":3lqumc1d said:

I know the "workhorse" RB has gone by the way side, but it still shocked me that Gurley is leading the NFL in carries. I get that he's special and that we need to use him, but I would like to see more Malcolm Brown to limit the wear and tear on Gurley. Malcolm has looked excellent when he's gotten in, and obviously McVay knows best, but leading the NFL in carries and then catching passes out of the backfield is not something I want for Gurley.

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3uswzk2t said:
RedAlice":3uswzk2t said:

So. I am wrong. Apparently there is snow in Washington and Oregon.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Uhh, so I know the Packers D sucks, but the Niners offense looks pretty good, especially compared to expectations with CJB.