Did the Seahawks just officially become Russell's team?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":118hcapj said:
Let us simmer down for a moment here, we have faced two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL the last two weeks. One good game does not suddenly negate Wilson's lackluster performances this season. I still contend that Wilson, while a good QB still leaves a lot to be desired.

Which fourth year QB in NFL history didn't leave a lot to be desired? Now, compare Russell's first three and a half seasons to every elite fourth year QB you can think of and get back to us. If you're a Seahawk fan, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ah1awxw said:
Spin Doctor":3ah1awxw said:
Let us simmer down for a moment here, we have faced two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL the last two weeks. One good game does not suddenly negate Wilson's lackluster performances this season. I still contend that Wilson, while a good QB still leaves a lot to be desired.

Which fourth year QB in NFL history didn't leave a lot to be desired? Now, compare Russell's first three and a half seasons to every elite fourth year QB you can think of and get back to us. If you're a Seahawk fan, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I don't think numbers tell the whole story with Russell Wilson. The guy can look like the best QB in the NFL, or he can look like a replacement level QB on any given drive. What I don't like about him is his lack of consistancy, this is especially true when it comes to his accuracy. He'll thread the needle, but then the next play he will miss an easy throw. His ball placement is also iffy at times. He's a good QB, but I don't think he is as good as some people give him credit for.

And to address anthony's post --- the Pittsburgh Steelers are ranked 30th overall in pass defense. They are allowing the third highest completion percentage at 67.1%, they are allowing almost 8 yards per catch, and have given up 22 touchdowns which is among the highest in the league. The 49ers defense does not fair much better, they are ranked 28th in pass defense. They are giving up a 69.1 completion percentage and they are giving up 8 yards per play, and the average QB rating against them is near 100.

It's nice to see Wilson and our offense doing better, but let us put things into perspective here. For the last two weeks we have no exactly faced the best of competition.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2uwfmxl3 said:
rideaducati":2uwfmxl3 said:
Spin Doctor":2uwfmxl3 said:

I don't think numbers tell the whole story with Russell Wilson. The guy can look like the best QB in the NFL, or he can look like a replacement level QB on any given drive. What I don't like about him is his lack of consistancy, this is especially true when it comes to his accuracy. He'll thread the needle, but then the next play he will miss an easy throw. His ball placement is also iffy at times. He's a good QB, but I don't think he is as good as some people give him credit for.

And to address anthony's post --- the Pittsburgh Steelers are ranked 30th overall in pass defense. They are allowing the third highest completion percentage at 67.1%, they are allowing almost 8 yards per catch, and have given up 22 touchdowns which is among the highest in the league. The 49ers defense does not fair much better, they are ranked 28th in pass defense. They are giving up a 69.1 completion percentage and they are giving up 8 yards per play, and the average QB rating against them is near 100.

It's nice to see Wilson and our offense doing better, but let us put things into perspective here. For the last two weeks we have no exactly faced the best of competition.

Find the first few years of Rodgers, Rapistberger, Brady, Brees, Manning and every other QB you can think of and it might help you with the perspective you are searching for. Russell has had fewer clunker games than any of them and none of them were consistently good in their first few seasons either.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":1wlk8pzn said:
Spin Doctor":1wlk8pzn said:
rideaducati":1wlk8pzn said:
Spin Doctor":1wlk8pzn said:

Find the first few years of Rodgers, Rapistberger, Brady, Brees, Manning and every other QB you can think of and it might help you with the perspective you are searching for. Russell has had fewer clunker games than any of them and none of them were consistently good in their first few seasons either.

Hmm and Pitt was only giving up 20.9 points per game and yet we scored 39. Lets not forget that fact as it is the most important we took a team giving up only 20.9 and scored 39 that is huge period. Problem for some is it will not matter what Wilson does they will always have a but or some way for them to belittle him. That is what they do.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The whole debate is basically "what have you done for me lately?" After a great game like wilson had, people will come to his defense. After a bad game his haters will speak out. Nothing new.

Imo, wilson is a very good quarterback, but I really want to see him perform well consistently. He's done so much in his first four years that our expectations for him can be too high at times.

He's always performed highly after being criticized and doubted. Coming into his rookie year he was doubted for his height, and has faced other forms of adversity, but has always found a way to answer back and silence the doubters.

After the Cardinals game where he made some uncharacteristic mistakes to put our defense in tough spots, he was getting criticized on all fronts, even the offensive coordinator. His last two games have been the answer to that.

I'll just sum it up by saying he'll always have critics, but I hope to see him silence them consistently. And keep in mind that he's only in his fourth year. Others drafted in his class such as luck, rg3, and tannehill have had their struggles, some more than others.

I trust in him and think we're very fortunate to have him

rideaducati

Reaction score
Now with Rawls out, it's gonna have to be Russell's team until Marshawn gets back, then it will still be Russell's team.