Did the Seahawks just officially become Russell's team?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I thought its been his team after he became starting QB? Am I missing something?

Seafan

Reaction score
RW has had numerous chances to grab that but hasn't. This year it certainly has been his team and the record shows it. Too bad.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
cesame":3h7jdjjq said:
Comeback win and bailing out the defense

21-30, 345 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

No Marshawn
No Graham

Just Wilson and Mr. Reliable Doug Baldwin torching Pittsburgh all day.

Big day for Wilson and this franchise IMO. It was transitioning to be his team and I think it just happened.

This is Wilson's team.
I think you're right! Great post.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We better hope so given we go as far as Wilson does this year. Our defense has to be adjusted and no damn way can you expect Rawls to be Adrian Peterson elite every week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ouk6kqa said:
Kearse was Russell's 3rd read on passing plays most of the past month.
If you barely get one read and only sometimes two reads, the 3rd guy won't see many balls.
OK, so I'm partly making that up, but the point is Russell having a split second longer from his protection allows him to find Kearse more often. Plus we simply threw a lot today.
30 pass plays isn't a lot in today's NFL it's the basic expectation.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3eme3sbt said:
We better hope so given we go as far as Wilson does this year. Our defense has to be adjusted and no damn way can you expect Rawls to be Adrian Peterson elite every week.

You're right. I expect him to be Barry Sanders or Walter Payton every week.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Russ was covering up for the swiss cheese pass defense this game for sure.

mikeak

Reaction score
Think RW started 0-4

So he went 21-26 for the rest with one of those incompletions requiring instant replay

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":1usmp9vb said:
RW has had numerous chances to grab that but hasn't. This year it certainly has been his team and the record shows it. Too bad.

:pukeface:

rideaducati

Reaction score
olyfan63":1q56mfa7 said:
If you barely get one read and only sometimes two reads, the 3rd guy won't see many balls.
OK, so I'm partly making that up, but the point is Russell having a split second longer from his protection allows him to find Kearse more often. Plus we simply threw a lot today.

Actually, Russell is getting rid of the ball a half second sooner on average in the past two games than he did in the first nine. He isn't getting more time, he is taking less time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":23l3dbwl said:
It was too bad that he was stuck with a lousy O-Line, also too bad that Marshawn Lynch couldn't have stayed healthy playing behind that offenSIEVE line.
Russell Wilson wasn't getting much if any help from his Coaches either.
Big Defensive letdowns in the 4th Quarter losses.....Had his ass hanging out in the wind.....His own fault?....NOPE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1sdu6o46 said:
olyfan63":1sdu6o46 said:
30 pass plays isn't a lot in today's NFL it's the basic expectation.
30 passes a game...No, it isn't a lot, but his efficiency, 5 td's and 0 interceptions is not real common a happening either.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Let us simmer down for a moment here, we have faced two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL the last two weeks. One good game does not suddenly negate Wilson's lackluster performances this season. I still contend that Wilson, while a good QB still leaves a lot to be desired.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3icf6du5 said:
Let us simmer down for a moment here, we have faced two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL the last two weeks. One good game does not suddenly negate Wilson's lackluster performances this season. I still contend that Wilson, while a good QB still leaves a lot to be desired.

:pukeface:

Let's see Pitt avg giving up 20.9 points per game when we played them we scored 39 Hmm Pitt Beat Az, beat Held Cincy to 16 points, so they are not as bad as you want to think they are, As to the rest is he getting better yes, doe she have room to grow yes as do all the NFL QBs "leaving a lot to be desired" NO he does not, at least not to anyone who watches without their hater hat on. FYI He has had more than 1 good game this year.