Did not expect this in national NFL coverage on Hawks

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
We beat the Raiders and Lions, objectively were not world beaters yet nor should we be favorites to go to the superb owl.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm not sure why people can't see the obvious that the two teams are pretty evenly matched. Hopefully home field means something.

This will be a great game of two teams trending the right way. Go Hawks.

hawks85

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oq471ph said:
jlwaters1":1oq471ph said:
Sgt. Largent":1oq471ph said:
HawkerD":1oq471ph said:
IS it my imagination or does the media always over-hype the Chargers? Seems like they are touted as the next big thing and then fail to deliver.

They're pretty damn balanced now. Before it was Rivers throwing for 500 yards, 3 TD's or bust..........now they have a top 10 defense that's playing well.

So definitely not overhyped, this is gonna be our hardest game of the year IMO next to the Rams game.

Rivers seems to have our number too, so we're going to need to generate a pass rush or he's going to torch us.

Really? You do realize the teams they've played year? It's a whose who of bottom feeders. Of course they look awesome against the likes of the Browns, Raiders, and Bills. They barely beat the 49ers and Titans at HOME. The other 2 teams they've played RAMS and KC-They've lost by double digits. I think they are an untested team to say the least.

You could say the same about us, who have we beat?

So far our biggest wins are against a 3-4 Lions and Cowboys teams.............so we're every bit as untested as the Chargers are. I like our chances at home like I said above, but I'm certainly not underestimating what looks like a very good Chargers team, on both sides of the ball.
The Rams didn't whoop our asses matter of fact we should have won that game. We went blow for blow with the almighty Rams. The Chargers...Nope. Our big test WAS against the rams. Everybody and their mother said we dont stand a chance.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think we win Sunday. I also have been thinking Rivers is due. Only takes a couple of games to go on a burner and build a teams confidence. I am a fan of Rivers, I think he is a true competitive football player. That said he better get it done soon or he going to be known as the Charles Barkley of the NFL or maybe Dan Fouts.

evergreen

Reaction score
The image of him
Carving us up with dink’s and dunks then a perfectly placed shot to Antonio Davis is still fresh. One of this was against the real LOB too albeit triple digit heat. This is more like 2012 hawks just busting out. I like us all the way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seymour":2sn8ammn said:
Sgt. Largent":2sn8ammn said:
Seymour":2sn8ammn said:
Sgt. Largent":2sn8ammn said:
Probably not, but like us I'd put the Chargers in that next group of teams below the Chiefs and Patriots. So not a push over by any means.

Have you not seen the last 2-3 games against the Chargers? Rivers carved us up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Yep.....from their shady side on the stadium, in their white uni's in 105 deg heat. I saw it. :idea:

Pretty much has little to nothing to do with this week though IMO.

Well it has something to do with it, same QB, receivers........and now a better defense.

But yes, I agree now it's in our house, and we're rolling with the run game and the healthiest we've been all year.

Hawks 24
Chargers 17

Agree. Our defense is better now.

Receivers are somewhat different though and "Jimmy the Liability" is gone.

Also....we have a new superstar!!!

SOLARI

Latestcb20110901025125

You're really calling the 2018 defense better than the 2014 defense? Really?

:lol: