Did anyone notice that Marshawn.....

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1grfetkn said:
It's kinda scaring me all these highly connected media guys like Mort are reporting that Hawks are shopping Lynch.

What have I missed here? The last I saw of it from Mort was this tweet:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/526393593238650880[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The way this team values picks in the 4-6 range.. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him for that.

Teams know he will be a free agent in 2015.. they know he's a special character too. Trust me, the FO is not getting a 1st/2nd round pick for him.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
I would love to know whether these guys knew anything about the harvin trade...

I mean, we can go back to see if they were in the know on this one in the weeks leading up?

if they were in the know on that one, perhaps what they report on ML could have some credibility but if these writers were not in the know with PH's situation, they I have a hard time believing they would be in the know now with ML.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":mdcb44ra said:
The way this team values picks in the 4-6 range.. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him for that.

Teams know he will be a free agent in 2015.. they know he's a special character too. Trust me, the FO is not getting a 1st/2nd round pick for him.

If he's going, he's going to Tampa with a pick for Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson.

firebee

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":49l6pqmm said:
Hasselbeck":49l6pqmm said:

If he's going, he's going to Tampa with a pick for Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson.

I really don't see us trading away Lynch, but if we did... I think it would be to the Raiders for MJD, a guy Carroll is very familiar with, and Khalif Barnes, a veteran lineman that can play Guard or Tackle and a guy that Cable and Carroll are familiar with, plus a conditional pick. I don't see us trading Lynch straight up for picks when we're capable of making another run and their's no way in hell we could afford Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson's contracts, even with Lynch's contract being traded away. VJ is one of the highest paid receivers in the league and Martin's contract isn't a small one.

Cartire

Reaction score
firebee":3u1seehg said:
SomersetHawk":3u1seehg said:
Hasselbeck":3u1seehg said:

I really don't see us trading away Lynch, but if we did... I think it would be to the Raiders for MJD, a guy Carroll is very familiar with, and Khalif Barnes, a veteran lineman that can play Guard or Tackle and a guy that Cable and Carroll are familiar with, plus a conditional pick. I don't see us trading Lynch straight up for picks when we're capable of making another run and their's no way in hell we could afford Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson's contracts, even with Lynch's contract being traded away. VJ is one of the highest paid receivers in the league and Martin's contract isn't a small one.

Trade Lynch for MJD? No thank you.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im not sure how you can judge a players effort level without being that player.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1olumgjb said:
Mort is arguably the most widely respected NFL writer out there, I don't think he reports anything without having some credible sources.

Mort is also the guy who reported that Russell Wilson's agent demanded he get a raise after his rookie season (an impossibility under the current CBA). That story was roundly denied by all parties and never backed up by anyone else. The story also didn't make a lick of sense.

He's not above reporting things with poor and unreliable sources.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Keep Lynch, draft talented linemen high and everyone including the Beast will be happy next season.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
firebee":oualrgte said:
SomersetHawk":oualrgte said:
Hasselbeck":oualrgte said:

I really don't see us trading away Lynch, but if we did... I think it would be to the Raiders for MJD

Could you imagine the absolute hilarity if we traded Marshawn Lynch for Maurice Jones-Drew? I don't think the servers could take it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lynch needs more carries to get into a rhythm. He hasn't had 20+ carries since the win over the Broncos.

There isn't a problem with how he's running. I think there is a problem with how we are using him. It seems Bevell has been intent on using the short passing game (i.e. bubble screens) to replace Lynch's production. IMO, this has hurt the offense.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I actually believe it when they've said he's had issues getting his back to loosen up. He seems just a little off or tentative with some of his runs. I don't think that's attitude or lack of effort, I think it's a pain issue. Whatever else people can say about his attitude or whatever, I truly believe he gives 100% on the field, even if he doesn't like the call. Sometimes your body won't let you compete on the level you want. Just my 2 cents.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1m5bkm9q said:
Lynch needs more carries to get into a rhythm. He hasn't had 20+ carries since the win over the Broncos.

We only had nine possessions the entire game. Hard to get anybody in rhythm with that limited number of chances.

Also hard to get Marshawn in rhythm when the O-line is a sieve. I know we have injuries and rookies starting, but this is arguably the worst our O-line has blocked in Carroll's entire time here.

firebee

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":19foukbh said:
firebee":19foukbh said:
SomersetHawk":19foukbh said:
Hasselbeck":19foukbh said:

I really don't see us trading away Lynch, but if we did... I think it would be to the Raiders for MJD

Could you imagine the absolute hilarity if we traded Marshawn Lynch for Maurice Jones-Drew? I don't think the servers could take it.

I could totally imagine the hilarity, but it's really not far-fetched if we could land Barnes along with a conditional pick. We pick up a veteran back with Lynch qualities when he's healthy at a fraction of the cost on a relatively short contracf, and he wouldn't expect to be a featured back like Lynch does, allowing Michaels and Turbin to take on larger roles and develop more. With Barnes, we'd get a veteran lineman that can play LG, RG or RT along with a conditional pick and it would be a lineman that's already familiar with Cable and his zone blocking scheme. The Raiders get the solid feature back they've been missing and Lynch gets to play in Oakland. As long as we're entertaining Lynch trade rumors, I think this would be the most likely trade to happen. Carroll is familiar with MJD, Cable is familiar with Bharnes and we get the mid-late round pick JS covets for developing the team.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":241sjjtb said:
Hasselbeck":241sjjtb said:

I read the OP and was going to post the same trade only without us giving up a pick. Makes a lot of sense, we see if Martin can get back on track here, upgrade WR and ship out the malcontent to a crappy destination like we did Percy.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ypym39v said:
hawknation2014":2ypym39v said:

We only had nine possessions the entire game. Hard to get anybody in rhythm with that limited number of chances.

Also hard to get Marshawn in rhythm when the O-line is a sieve. I know we have injuries and rookies starting, but this is arguably the worst our O-line has blocked in Carroll's entire time here.

I played offensive line and I was one of those guys who needed my team to run the ball to get into a rhythm. Run blocking is a way to establish your dominance and wear down your opponent, while pass blocking is generally more passive for an offensive linemen. To a man, Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Sweezy, and Britt are all better run blockers than they are pass protectors.

What is the result when you throw the ball more on first and second down than run it? Your running back does not get into a rhythm, and neither does your offensive line. There is also the potential consequence of more OL penalties. This leads to more third and longs, which puts even more pressure on your offensive line. The offense has gone through this cycle over and over again. Bevell admitted he needed to do a better job getting Lynch the football, but except for the first drive against the Rams, it hasn't really happened.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SuperFreak":2ih3yxwi said:
SomersetHawk":2ih3yxwi said:
Hasselbeck":2ih3yxwi said:

I read the OP and was going to post the same trade only without us giving up a pick. Makes a lot of sense, we see if Martin can get back on track here, upgrade WR and ship out the malcontent to a crappy destination like we did Percy.

I don't see a way we get Doug Martin and VJax for Beast without giving up some kind of pick. But yeh, Martin would make a fair amount of sense; young and proven sparq freak from California. If we could pull this trade off and send no more than a 4th (one of potentially 4), I'd be pretty content.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kbel8xn said:
Are you serious? He ran exactly the same way he always does, hard.

This board is very predictable. Whenever a player's production is down, or has a bad game, people jump out of the woodwork having hallucinations of that player not "playing hard enough," "playing scared," etc. The best one I've heard was after one of the earlier games of the season when somebody said Russell Wilson was 'panicking,' LMAO! That's on par with saying Lynch doesn't run hard enough. Completely ridiculous.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No this is an opportunity. Let Russell convince management to keep and re sign Beast and work the draft for OL or DT's. Beast will be happy and Suddenly Russ is one of the guys. Crisis over.

Latest posts