Did anyone notice that Marshawn.....

grizrgood

Reaction score
Seemed to be running at maybe 3/4 of his normal self?
I honestly did not hear many of the rumors etc. until after the game and I'm definitely not on the hate Marshawn bandwagon but he did not seem to run with reckless abandon like the guy we've all become accustomed to seeing. I am a big fan and have always loved the way Marshawn imposes his will against defenses but seriously, something was different in yesterday's game!

fiverabbit

Reaction score
I did not feel that way...especially after he chased down the Panthers defender after that Russell tuck rule throw.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Didn't have a great game. But, if true and this is his last year here then run the hell out of him already please.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marshawn is definitely been frustrated this year, but I haven't noticed a drop off in his play.

It's kinda scaring me all these highly connected media guys like Mort are reporting that Hawks are shopping Lynch. Maybe one guys reporting could be casually blown off as rumor, but when ALL of them are reporting it? Gotta be some truth.

My guess is Schneider is just seeing if he can get a #1 or more for Lynch. He's not trading him for nothing, but if the deal's right I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch gets traded.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Nope, I thought he was running as hard as ever. I don't think his effort will waiver, it's so anti-beastmode. Even when he tipped the pass yesterday he was driving into people headfirst to get to the guy who intercepted it.

jblaze

Reaction score
This morning there's a bunch of rumors about us trading him now. Great.....

Three separate major media outlets are commenting on it. Basically putting a for sale sign on Marshawn and telling the league to come get him.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
jblaze":3cpmmnye said:

Three separate major media outlets are commenting on it. Basically putting a for sale sign on Marshawn and telling the league to come get him.

That would be a really sad and sour way for things to end. Beastquake will remain my favourite memory as a hawks fan (the Superbowl was a bit of a blur).

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I mentioned to a few friends, yesterday during the game, that I thought Lynch was being tackled rather easily.
one hit, he just seemed to fall.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":qy4esxma said:
jblaze":qy4esxma said:

That would be a really sad and sour way for things to end. Beastquake will remain my favourite memory as a hawks fan (the Superbowl was a bit of a blur).

Didn't everyone involved kinda know when we got Lynch that his hard to manage personality would probably mean things wouldn't end well?

Guy's who burn hot like Lynch just don't care about making others happy. The good news is THAT'S what makes him great...........the bad news is that act wears everybody around him out, to the breaking point.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cor2ew8 said:
Marshawn is definitely been frustrated this year, but I haven't noticed a drop off in his play.

It's kinda scaring me all these highly connected media guys like Mort are reporting that Hawks are shopping Lynch. Maybe one guys reporting could be casually blown off as rumor, but when ALL of them are reporting it? Gotta be some truth.

My guess is Schneider is just seeing if he can get a #1 or more for Lynch. He's not trading him for nothing, but if the deal's right I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch gets traded.

But that never happens. Once one guy reports it, they all report it without additional sources. They just go off the first guys claim.

We all saw this just happen with "not black enough". One BR reporter writes it up, and every single site and show afterward reports it from that report.

Mort reports the Lynch thing, and every one else reports it as well citing the mort report.

Any small claim, true or false, is instantly reported by everyone thereby giving it more false credibility. You stated it yourself when you say "Gotta be some truth" only because they all say it. But this happens with every single report, even when its false. So I dont know how you can give validity to a story based on how many report it.

Story might be true. Might not. But its also not a reach since most people assume this is Lynch's last year.

A

Anonymous

I don't think Marshawn is going anywhere in the immediate future, and I don't think he would sandbag it either.

I do think, however, that he misses the perception that Percy would take some game-planning attention off of him, and with Percy gone, he may believe he has less of an opportunity to excel, especially with the offensive line situation.

I am just glad to not be having a 3-game losing streak to deal with.

edogg23

Reaction score
I noticed there was some plays where he seemed to go down on first contact which is really rare for him, so I was thinking the same. You could tell on his big run he was bringing it 110% as he dragged a bunch of guys at the end for more yardage. He got hit several times in the backfield before he could even take a step so that may have discouraged him more than anything non game related.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":29ithz5g said:
Mort reports the Lynch thing, and every one else reports it as well citing the mort report. .

Mort is arguably the most widely respected NFL writer out there, I don't think he reports anything without having some credible sources.

We traded Harvin, so I really don't have much doubt that Pete and John are shopping Lynch. Not saying he's gone, but as the reports are stating, if another team blows us away with picks I do think we'll trade him.

He's not coming back, I think that much everyone can agree on. The relationship is just not fixable at this point, he's gonna want another monster deal, and we don't have the money or the patience to deal with him anymore.

So if this is true, then why wouldn't you shop him around? Yes he's still our best RB, but it's not like he's running for 150 yards and 4 TD's every game. So if we can get a 1st rounder or more, rather than only a 4th or 5th in the off season cause he's gonna want a new deal if he's traded? Then why not?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1q97xmeb said:
Didn't everyone involved kinda know when we got Lynch that his hard to manage personality would probably mean things wouldn't end well?

What can I say, I'm a sucker for fairytale endings.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I can't read ML's mind, but if it's true he wants out and the Hawks want him out, he would not be wise to dog it in games for two reasons. One, he is playing for incentive money, and two, he must prove his worth to any interested teams.
You can't make incentive money falling down, and no other team wants to pay for a super star that may have run out of steam. It would behoove him to play harder than ever to make other teams want him.. Dogging it is cutting off his nose to spite his face..!

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vuxenr2 said:
Cartire":2vuxenr2 said:
Mort reports the Lynch thing, and every one else reports it as well citing the mort report. .

Mort is arguably the most widely respected NFL writer out there, I don't think he reports anything without having some credible sources.

We traded Harvin, so I really don't have much doubt that Pete and John are shopping Lynch. Not saying he's gone, but as the reports are stating, if another team blows us away with picks I do think we'll trade him.

He's not coming back, I think that much everyone can agree on. The relationship is just not fixable at this point, he's gonna want another monster deal, and we don't have the money or the patience to deal with him anymore.

So if this is true, then why wouldn't you shop him around? Yes he's still our best RB, but it's not like he's running for 150 yards and 4 TD's every game. So if we can get a 1st rounder or more, rather than only a 4th or 5th in the off season cause he's gonna want a new deal if he's traded? Then why not?

Thats kind of a hyperbole situation though. Of course we would trade him for a 1. Because thats an insane deal that no one is offering. Even if hes not on the trading block, teams can always still make a call to teh GM and shoot some numbers around.

So yes, if we could get solid payment for him, then of course we do it. You are right, its highly unlikely hes playing here next year. So any legit compensation is something we should be looking for regardless.

And im sorry, but Sports journalist credibility is a joke regardless of who they are. They cover sports. SPORTS. An entertainment industry. They are literally no different then E Magazine. They are selling clicks. Clicks pay the bills.

Sac

Reaction score
Please. There wasn't a peep about the Harvin trade before it happened. That's how this FO operates. If he was on the block, you wouldn't hear about it until a deal was done or not at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":2gqz1gf9 said:
And im sorry, but Sports journalist credibility is a joke regardless of who they are. They cover sports. SPORTS. An entertainment industry. They are literally no different then E Magazine. They are selling clicks. Clicks pay the bills.

I agree that 80% of the crap we read on Twitter is garbage, because it's written by hacks who are trying to make a name for themselves.

But the NFL has some very credible writers like Mort, Clayton, Glazer, etc that have some serious juice in the league. So if these guys are reporting stuff, there's some truth. They don't just make stuff up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zofaute said:
Cartire":2zofaute said:

I agree that 80% of the crap we read on Twitter is garbage, because it's written by hacks who are trying to make a name for themselves.

But the NFL has some very credible writers like Mort, Clayton, Glazer, etc that have some serious juice in the league. So if these guys are reporting stuff, there's some truth. They don't just make stuff up.

Just because they're credible doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

Latest posts