Deion Sanders doesn't believe in the Seahawks

vtxretro02

Reaction score
DEION WHO??? DIDN'T CARE FOR HIM WHEN HE WAS PLAYING... AND DON'T CARE FOR HIM NOW!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Lol at the disrespect for Deion. You sound like idiots. Guy was a phenomenal player and is allowed to have an opinion that doesn't directly align with yours.

seabowl

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1qykc6bg said:
Lol at the disrespect for Deion. You sound like idiots. Guy was a phenomenal player and is allowed to have an opinion that doesn't directly align with yours.

There's a difference between an opinion and an educated opinion. If he's on tv as a so-called expert then he should do his homework and know what the hell he's talking about. Saying that Russell is running for his life is just flat out wrong this year. Maybe he should stop looking at and talking about his past and concentrate on his current profession.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
:177692: Meh on the disrespect for Sanders, he played for a short time, was always the fastest guy on the field, which was his whole game. Once the speed advantage started to slip so did his game as he was not technically actually a very capable CB. Tackling was never any part of his game. He was an exceptional player for a short while and made lots of big plays. Yes he was a star but never a complete player.

The prime time schtick is wearisome and if you are not the front runner or the star of the day you are nobody in his world. There is never any substance or analysis from him and it’s reflected glory, his guests are often embarrassed and he always needs his massive ego stroked.

His opinions are as valuable as anyone’s but never truly based upon any substance. He’s not worth watching. :yawn:

Click! :177692:

Who cares what this guy thinks? Even the XLVIII year he prognosticate Denver would blow the Hawks out b/c that was the greatest scoring team ever. His opinion should mean nothing to Seahawks fans.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Deion could BALL. I loved watching him play. First ballot HOF, fast and entertaining. The thing I learned from the first time I ever saw him speak to a camera.... this dude will say anything to get attention. I don't care about his opinion.

[youtube]fED8XqCT6Eo[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
His opinion is worthless to me. Always has been. He's incredibly narcissistic and just likes to see himself on camera and listen to himself talk. I never watch any show he is a part of if I can help it. Irvin is in the same ballpark.

Jac

Reaction score
Reminds me...I was listening to NFL Radio last Saturday morning, and Tim Brown's co-host was interviewing him on which NFC contenders he liked for the Wild Card. Of the top of my head, he said he didn't like anything about Seattle's team, and that Cam Newton would will the Panthers into one of the spots. It was like he doesn't even watch the games and knew less about the current league than the average fan.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Deion is not exactly an objective, reasonable, well researched football mind. He doesn't watch film, he doesn't analyze. He has his biases and usually sticks to it, evidence be damned.

I also believe Deion doesn't like Russell Wilson. Maybe it's an Atlanta/Future thing, who knows. But he has never shown a degree of respect for Wilson's abilities. In Russ' rookie season Deion USED TO give Russ credit, he was the one that started the whole "First name Russellll, Last name Willsoonn". But as Russ' reputation grew bigger he's been nitpicking or dismissing Russ & his role in the offense and his importance to the team. :pukeface:

If you watch him enough (and I do, because despite his stupidity sometimes he's funny), he has always given the defense and Marshawn 98% of the credit. He is the epitome of confirmation bias. If say, the Seahawks make it to the playoffs but don't win it all, he'll say it's because they don't have the great defense that "carried" the team. And in the past, if we got bounced out of the playoffs with that same defense, it was the offense's fault. Even though most of the cap and money was on defense. He has never ONCE praised Russell's abilities as a QB. You'll hear him give credit to Wentz, Watson, Luck, Eli, Cousins, or Rivers before he gives credit to Russ. Don't believe me, go back and watch him anytime he's on TV

This year...with the big names on defense gone (after Marshawn left years ago)...it was the media's opportunity to stick a fork in us. They were hoping, almost praying that they'd be right. Media people like Deion are egotistical and hate to be proven wrong. So they'll hang on to their biases for dear life until it's irrefutable. I said it before and I'll say it again. As much as some in the media acknowledge Russ/Pete's greatness...MANY in the media don't respect them for what they are. Many especially don't respect Russ' abilities as a QB, hence all the 4-12, bottom dweller predictions. There's no way a Coach + QB combo of Carroll + Wilson goes 4-12, that was asinine. Either way, their opinions are irrelevant. At some point, you can't dismiss winning and success :irishdrinkers:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I wonder how Sanders would have performed in the current NFL rule environment.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
People care about this guys opinion? That's enough to make anyone laugh.

Iimg2Fi2Fmag2Fblog2F20102F0311sanders1

lobohawk

Reaction score
He's a lazy football commentator. More flash than substance. That's why you hear him regurgitating the talking points from a year ago. As if he hasn't watched a game all year. He also has a tendency to identify with players versus teams and may be belittling the Hawks due to the way things went down with Sherman and Thomas.

Fade

Reaction score
A little context for people.

Like Chris Carter, Deon called the WRs just aight a couple years back. Baldwin then went after Deon like he did CC.

Deon from that point forward has been off the Seahawks wagon. He still likes Wilson though.

Now every time the Seahawks are brought up to Deon. The reactions from everyone on the panel is always funny.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Y'all are too easily triggered.

Toughen up in here.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

The Breh

Reaction score
semiahmoo":vfm7x3c4 said:

Toughen up in here.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
A nice % of Hawks fans are an entitled, whiny bunch.
We're better off proving doubters wrong and have thrived in the underdog role.
But the moment anyone questions the Hawks, even former players, collective panties shrivel and what are supposed to be testicles become constricted.
Pitchforks ensue.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jac":2w9joj2i said:
Reminds me...I was listening to NFL Radio last Saturday morning, and Tim Brown's co-host was interviewing him on which NFC contenders he liked for the Wild Card. Of the top of my head, he said he didn't like anything about Seattle's team, and that Cam Newton would will the Panthers into one of the spots. It was like he doesn't even watch the games and knew less about the current league than the average fan.

Tim Brown is a known Seahawks Hater. No idea why.

Another has-been I could care less about what he thinks (not aiming that at you, btw, just a general statement).

Scorpion05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2v5xemyy said:

Toughen up in here.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Triggered? The only ones triggered are the haters and negative nancies. They’re the ones that whine and complain and then cry when people react

Media bias matters. It’s why Bobby Wagner doesn’t get nearly the amount of media fanfare as he should..despite his greatness. It’s why the only reason the LOB became appreciated is in part because of the loud mouths. Make no mistake...it makes a difference. Sherm got attention as a great corner not just through numbers, but through trash talk. Jalen Ramsey and the Jags come to mind, as did Rex Ryan and his defense

It’s a silly suggestion to say people can talk crap about teams, dismiss them, and the people REACTING to them are the soft ones. And not the loud negative people who started it in the 1st place

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2p83dyf1 said:
chris98251":2p83dyf1 said:
He is a CB and a mouth, we get in he will bad mouth us till we beat his Cowboys, he has a Jerry Kids Tattoo I am sure of it.

If we be beat the Cowboys he will forget everything he said before and slobberfest over us.

That CB thing, forget your last comment / Play.

But we did beat the cowboys?

That’s our only win against a team with a winning record currently.

We had some moral victories over the Rams, Chargers and Bears by keeping it close but they were still losses.

We need to beat the Vikings and Chiefs to really cement “good team” status.

I get that a 3 game win streak against some competent teams (and one incompetent one) has everybody a bit giddy, but I wouldn’t expect anyone from outside the inner circle to truly believe yet.

Face it, do you believe in the Titans or Colts? That’s our peer group right now.

First of all, we are currently the 5th seed in the playoffs and will most likely land there when its all said and done. Playoff teams are good teams. Add to that the fact most of the pundits are on board with this team and a guy like Deion stands out with his sour grapes.

But more importantly, people here are "giddy" because of the relative success of this team compared to expectations. Add this to the young hungry new blood and you are darn right people are excited.

Sure this team isn't necessarily without flaws, but they are fun to watch and better than most of us thought. Why not just enjoy it?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":24wt8x9i said:
Mad Dog":24wt8x9i said:
chris98251":24wt8x9i said:
He is a CB and a mouth, we get in he will bad mouth us till we beat his Cowboys, he has a Jerry Kids Tattoo I am sure of it.

If we be beat the Cowboys he will forget everything he said before and slobberfest over us.

That CB thing, forget your last comment / Play.

But we did beat the cowboys?

That’s our only win against a team with a winning record currently.

We had some moral victories over the Rams, Chargers and Bears by keeping it close but they were still losses.

We need to beat the Vikings and Chiefs to really cement “good team” status.

I get that a 3 game win streak against some competent teams (and one incompetent one) has everybody a bit giddy, but I wouldn’t expect anyone from outside the inner circle to truly believe yet.

Face it, do you believe in the Titans or Colts? That’s our peer group right now.

First of all, we are currently the 5th seed in the playoffs and will most likely land there when its all said and done. Playoff teams are good teams. Add to that the fact most of the pundits are on board with this team and a guy like Deion stands out with his sour grapes.

But more importantly, people here are "giddy" because of the relative success of this team compared to expectations. Add this to the young hungry new blood and you are darn right people are excited.

Sure this team isn't necessarily without flaws, but they are fun to watch and better than most of us thought. Why not just enjoy it?

Right now we aren’t anything. We are 7-5. Playoff seeding happens at the end of the season, not in week 14.

And I am totally enjoying the season. I can enjoy seasons even when we don’t make the playoffs. Enjoyment and belief are separate things.

If we beat the Vikings, I will believe we are good. If we beat the Chiefs I’ll believe we are very good. I also know if we lose I’m going to have to face this forum and it’s haters who will show up in droves and make this place unpleasant again. And I will tell them what you just told me: they are fun to watch so why not just enjoy it.