Deion Branch in Seattle

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Was it simply a case of the Hawks being a run first team? Or, was he not getting enough oppurtunities? Alot of expectations. But did not perform the way we expected.

Was reliable in NE. Almost 1k season years. SB MVP.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If I recall he was bit by the injury bug when he was here. Never broke 1000 yards (998) and was a solid contributor in NE but not a super star WR.

seabowl

Reaction score
Another trade sign deal that did not work out for the Seahawks. Most teams get crushed when they make these kind of deals. You would think they would learn.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Branch trade was weird. The team gave up a first rounder for him and he wasn't really "give up a first rounder" value for the Patriots, either. In his first four seasons for the Pariots, he had like 2,700 yards and 15 TDs total. Clutch in the playoffs for the Patriots but not consistent.

Tom Brady has a seemingly long list of dudes that just do well because they're playing with him. I'd put Branch on this list.

Rat

Reaction score
Quintessential Ruskell guy. He loved those overachievers with intangibles who got overlooked due to measurables. Ruskell was good at finding guys who could be productive in the short term and keep the pulse somewhat going, but so many of his moves lacked long-term potential and the operation eventually crashed. Branch was realistically a second-round value we traded a first for. He made a similarly myopic trade giving either an early third or fourth for Keary Colbert, who I'm not sure gave us ten catches.

His drafts were like that too. Basically shut himself off from anyone who wasn't a productive, high-character player from a big school. The only player he ever drafted that wasn't from a D1 power conference was a 6th-round long-snapper out of San Diego State who never made the team. He probably would have liked Russell Wilson even more than Pete and John, but zero chance he would have considered someone like Wagner, DK, or Woolen.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, the most memorable thing Branch did here was start that lime green craze by wearing those bright green gloves. People would remark on them. I think he even wore green cleats a few times.

His best game for us ironically came against the Matt Cassell led Patriots where he caught 2 TDs from Seneca Wallace.

Other than that his time here was greatly forgettable.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would have put Percy Harvin in the same category as Branch but at least Harvin gave us a glorious kickoff return in our Super Bowl victory.

Xxx

Reaction score
Branch never really wanted to be here. He jumped ship back to New England asap...
I think he did. At least at first. He came in with those bright green gloves and that’s when the green started. He was excited I think but then he never could stay on the field and it wasn’t working so then he was traded back to Billy.

I was excited about branch. I was excited about harvin too but neither were good fits for different reasons.

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm still mad at Taco Wallace!!!!!!
Lmao. That's a deep cut there. Every year at Cheney I'd sit there and cheer on Taco 🌮 only for him to be cut at the end of pre season.

Jordan Kent was another guy I thought would be a superstar. Teenage Jerhawk and adult Jerhawk stink at scouting wide receivers.

Latest posts