Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Neil deGrasse Tyson ‏@neiltyson 50m50 minutes ago
For the Patriots to blame a change in temperature for 15% lower-pressures, requires balls to be inflated with 125-degree air.

Also, first released pic of the Patriot's locker room attendant.

B8TlKpzCEAA415L

bigskydoc

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2bi3nnhz said:
I'm having a hard time finding the part that says the Patriots must submit a ball weighing 12.5 - 13.5 PSI to the officials.

Section 2

BALL SUPPLY

Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements...

Section 1

BALL DIMENSIONS (in other words League requirements as referenced in section 2)

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder...

There is is in blue and white

furi0usbee":2bi3nnhz said:
#### MY FINAL POST ON THIS MATTER ####

Wait, is this your last post or was that? Somebody is getting confused here.

- bsd RPA

Bobblehead

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1su6vx4s said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

Well I guess not.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
On the Dan Labatard show they actually brought on a statistics guy who said it is basically impossible for the Patriots to have the fumble rate they do. Powerful stuff.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
huskylawyer":158a6xhe said:
On the Dan Labatard show they actually brought on a statistics guy who said it is basically impossible for the Patriots to have the fumble rate they do. Powerful stuff.

The only people that think nothing happened are Patriot fans.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/559814692936237057[/tweet]

Neil deGrasse Tyson is the man.
Cosmos-Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-6.jpg

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The hammer is coming, folks.

PHOENIX -- Deflategate has taken another twist.
FOX Sports has learned that the NFL has zeroed in on a New England Patriots locker-room attendant in connection with the scandal of improperly inflated footballs used in the AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.

There is surveillance video showing the attendant taking the footballs from the official's locker room into another room at Gillette Stadium before bringing them out to the field, sources tell FOX Sports.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/defl ... ant-012615

hawknation2015

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1kzyl3xf said:
The hammer isn't coming for several weeks yet. NFL have said it will be a long investigation. They don't want to do ANYTHING before this game.

The Patriots are probably stalling by not making their players available before the Super Bowl.

You knew there had to be something more devious at play for Belichick to openly admit that their prepping procedures caused an increase in PSI. The surveillance video directly contradicts his other claim that the balls were never alone in the team's possession after they were inspected. With this evidence, the league's case has gone from one of negligence to intentional misconduct.

Foghawk

Reaction score
After doing my own scientific investigation on the process or prepping balls with my sons Pee Wee coach and our community college graduate neighbor, I have come to the following conclusion.

Tire tyre air pressure gauge tire pressure

Deflategate is now over, basically :lol:

Riley12

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":do6x67mf said:
The hammer isn't coming for several weeks yet. NFL have said it will be a long investigation. They don't want to do ANYTHING before this game.

Heh. Yep. The NFL hates to do anything quickly or rashly. At least when it involves "Goodhair" Goodell's lunch buddy.

I love this. Oh what a tangled web.

rigelian

Reaction score
To anyone who has seen the Cain Mutiny, Bill Belichick has morphed into a modern day version of Captain Queeg.

At this point the notion that a locker room attendant deflated the footballs on his own initiative doesn't even meet the laugh test. About the only ones believing this BS at this point are the Patriot and Belichick fanboys.

TAB420

Reaction score
Also if this request didn't come right from BB or TB how would the ball boy know what PSI Brady liked? I have a feeling that the NFL hopes the Seahawks win the SB. It will look really bad if the Pat's won and this hole thing breaks wide open a couple weeks later.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I dunno. After seeing the ball boy's picture, kinda gives me the impression he could go off the deep end.
Johnny's brother?

[youtube]DItgw1mU9Us[/youtube]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2q4w959l said:
I dunno. After seeing the ball boy's picture, kinda gives me the impression he could go off the deep end.
Johnny's brother?

Just curious, where did you see his picture?

Brady and Belichick are going to let this poor bastard fall on his sword for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.