Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1lrpoe4g said:
gargantual":1lrpoe4g said:
I was initially concerned that this was all going to be suppressed by the NFL, since you know they're just HATING all this negative publicity (sorry Patsies, the NFL loves the Patriots to death....unquestionably they do!)

Seeing these stats hitting the mainstream, rather than just football blogs and fan sites like ours, I really don't think this is quietly going away. They'll still probably only get a mild hand-slap for compromising the integrity of the game for the last 8 odd years.

Except that they haven't. There will be zero penalty or sanction.

Claiming that the NFL loves the Patriots is so hilarious it makes me wince. Nobody has suffered more than NE at the hands of these idiots. They're like a drunk blind asylum patient with a sledgehammer in a roomful of people. They have no sense of how to handle discipline on any type of matter.

Including outright cheating.

We let the air out of balls in our flag football league, every Qb does it just about.

There is no doubt in former QBs in any level of football what happened here.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
These are all at exactly 12.5 PSI I can assure you!! Pic I took of my collection. I hope to add a 4th next week, with your cooperation of course :)

EDIT: I got burned last Patriots/Giants SB and bought the ball *before* the game. This time, I will wait until after the win. And also, I've had to replace one ball already because the bladder failed. And, the 2001 SB ball I think is failing too, as it won't hold a proper inflation. No joking there. So I can personally attest that the quality of these balls could be suspect in some cases.

P1200831.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2lnu7y0w said:
These are all at exactly 12.5 PSI I can assure you!! Pic I took of my collection. I hope to add a 4th next week, with your cooperation of course :)

P1200831.jpg
Let us know how that works out for you.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
As an aside, Colts forum shut down all talk of delfate-gate. I'm down to Ravens forum and here.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":95tses76 said:
I thought Belichick's latest presser was quite compelling, and I think he’s starting to sell me on his theory of what happened. How could anyone argue with the logic he stated below?

BELICHICK: There is this possibility. Now if those footballs were picked up by, let’s say swallows, and carried up several thousand feet they would be directly affected by the changing barometric pressure and temperatures of the upper atmosphere.

ESPN REPORTER: What? A swallow carrying a football?

BELICHICK: It could grip it by the stitching.

ESPN REPORTER: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound football.

BELICHICK: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you please put this whole thing to rest?

ESPN REPORTER: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

BELICHICK: Please!

ESPN REPORTER: Am I right?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jacknut16":11yhylsa said:
SPIRITOF12":11yhylsa said:
I thought Belichick's latest presser was quite compelling, and I think he’s starting to sell me on his theory of what happened. How could anyone argue with the logic he stated below?

BELICHICK: There is this possibility. Now if those footballs were picked up by, let’s say swallows, and carried up several thousand feet they would be directly affected by the changing barometric pressure and temperatures of the upper atmosphere.

ESPN REPORTER: What? A swallow carrying a football?

BELICHICK: It could grip it by the stitching.

ESPN REPORTER: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound football.

BELICHICK: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you please put this whole thing to rest?

ESPN REPORTER: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

BELICHICK: Please!

ESPN REPORTER: Am I right?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Now, an African swallow on the other hand...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":219iihjr said:
Hasselbeck":219iihjr said:
Yep guys.. nothing to see here anymore. This is all over...

W8UcBbX

Beat me to it.

do we really think some ball boy would do this without being told??? This guy could make some serious money if spills his guts and lets out who was controlling his puppet strings...and we ALL know who those 2 people are!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, most of us saw this coming from a mile away, a ball boy making minimum wage will take the fall. Kraft's buddy Rog will buy it hook, line, and sinker, and declare "Case closed!", and return to sniffing around Lynch's crotch and make sure he isn't wearing gold cleats.

marko358

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35nm9a35 said:
Yep, most of us saw this coming from a mile away, a ball boy making minimum wage will take the fall. Kraft's buddy Rog will buy it hook, line, and sinker, and declare "Case closed!", and return to sniffing around Lynch's crotch and make sure he isn't wearing gold cleats.

And all evidence will be shredded afterward.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2635ttrr said:

agreed...even if said ball boy tells Oprah, Barbara Walters, or Diane Sawyer it will be rejected by the league...still though he could make a few bucks for his story...

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sadly we all knew this would happen, ball boy will get thrown under the bus or receive a check from Kraft to keep his mouth shut. Sigh...

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3ns9sh7n said:
Sadly we all knew this would happen, ball boy will get thrown under the bus or receive a check from Kraft to keep his mouth shut. Sigh...

I don't think so. Implicating an assistant is no better perception-wise than implicating Brady or Belichick. Nobody in their right mind would believe he was acting on his own. What assistant would have the gall to alter the game balls in any way without the approval of the QB throwing that ball? And what would his motive be?

The Patriots would need to do a lot better than just blaming this on an assistant if they want to remove the stench of cheating (again) from their franchise.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Wait, I thought they did a highly scientific experiment which proved beyond a shadow of a doubt why only the Patriots' balls were deflated that involved absolutely no wrongdoing?

How shocking it must be that there is some wrongdoing suspected.

Edit: Corrected a typo.

marko358

Reaction score
jkitsune":2npcairu said:
Wait, I thought they did a highly scientific experiment which proved beyond a shadow of a doubt while only the Patriots' balls were deflated that involved absolutely no wrongdoing?

How shocking it must be that there is some wrongdoing suspected.

Totally. I thought this thing was proved to be nothing. Why are they still interviewing people?!

/sarcasm

Boycie

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2wjuontd said:
Ron Burgundy":2wjuontd said:
Hasselbeck":2wjuontd said:
Yep guys.. nothing to see here anymore. This is all over...

W8UcBbX

Beat me to it.

do we really think some ball boy would do this without being told??? This guy could make some serious money if spills his guts and lets out who was controlling his puppet strings...and we ALL know who those 2 people are!

Well if the ball boy shows up around NE driving anything other than his scooter, then you know he has been paid off.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 5m5 minutes ago
"I'm going to do this even though I haven't cleared it with Brady or Belichick." -- No Patriots ballboy, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.