Defensive Changes

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
I'm writing this assuming that Adams will be available this Sunday.

Now with that preface this is what I'm thinking as far as trying to get the best out of what we have defensively.

Fist off we need to put Robinson in more. I don't understand why they haven't used him more. When he has been in there he has produced the most pressure especially when in combination with Queem. He only played 7 snaps yesterday and even then only in the 4th quarter. Both of them need to be used more often. Robinson has power and Queem has the speed to get around the tackles. When they have been on the field they have worked well. I unfortunately don't have stats to back it up this is just what I have noticed. Listening to 710 though they agree with giving Robinson more reps. They are both young and hungry so let them feed.

Secondly and most importantly GET RID OF FLOWERS. He is a liability on the field. Soon as he went in for Griffen they targeted him knowing that completions would happen. Now I realize we are thin at CB due to injuries. My thought or rather idea is we see if Neal could play corner while Griffen is in concussion protocol and until his hamstring heals since that was also listed on the injury report.
With Adams returning that would put Neal back on the bench because we would be starting him and Diggs at the safety position, and honestly hes too good to sit like that. He also couldn't be worse than Flowers and meets all of our requirements for CB. He also has some CB experience from his time with Atlanta on their PS. It should at least be looked at.

Thirdly we need to blitz more... with more than just adams. Yes hes great and should be used that way but not all the time as he has been. The other teams will start expecting it. Mix in Brooks and Bobby or even KJ. Hes been great in the box so I bet he'd get there or at least force a pressure. We had 1 pressure last night on 50 attempts... and we all know our secondary isn't good enough for that.

Anyway thats just some ideas that I've had on my mind and ways we could improve without spending more draft capitol.