Dear Jody Allen...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Paul loved Football.

He was a builder. Goal-oriented, results oriented, but a visionary.

The objective was to create and foster greatness.

He succeeded.

SB Championship. Dominant team. Near a decade of winning.

But that changed as the world changed and we stuck with the only things we knew that worked before and do not now.

The Seahawks are an investment.

They need to recover cost.

Jody is an owner but more like the owner of a building than a team.

Better than an owner that sells the team, so we should be thankful.

But championship expectations are ludicrous. Pete is over. Long ago, actually.

Our slim glimmer of hope is that Wilson could reach greatness under someone else. But if Wilson is as much of a problem as Pete we are screwed.

Just enjoy that we have a team. The days of winning anything of measure outside of the regular season are over. But it was bound to happen.

Pete is going nowhere. Which is a bummer but the reality. He will just get worse and worse until finally, even after all he has done for this team - the Seahawk fans will want to run him out of town for squandering all of Wilson's prime playing years.

I appreciate all he has done. But he is hurting the team right now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The only thought that's important? According to who?

Are the thought police in charge of the message board or just the Haters and the butt hurt whiners?

Every Seahawks fan is disappointed in the lass on Saturday, especially a loss to the freaking Rams. Somehow of course it's all Pete's fault when there is plenty of blame to be shared around.

The O looked weak, couldn't protect RW, and zero schemed play worked, while the running game was anemic. The only plays that worked were those where Wilson was full into scramble drill. The OC couldn't adjust diddly and the game plan was a galactic fail.

The D couldn't stop LA's run game, tackled poorly, and got little pressure on Goff which had been a factor in the December W over LA. LA got chunk plays with some regularity and the Hawks only got them of busted plays. It looked much the same as other major fails over the past few seasons.

There are a disturbing and loud crew here who want a scapegoat, so Pete's the guy.

Frankly there's lot's of blame to go around, enough to share with the whole team and staff on both sides of the ball.

I'd like to see some new concepts, an ability to run better, and to get the ball out faster. I loved the erly season O but hated the resultant difficulty it put the D in as far a minutes that had to be played.

In the end the team won the Division, was 12-4 in the regular season and lost to only Buffalo, LA, AZ, and NYG. To me by most metrics it was a good season, one which left us asking for more and better as the O sucked at the end of the year. But give credit where it is due the Rams played like the #1 D they were this season and the Hawks couldn't adjust.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Jammer, thanks for being the voice of reason. Much needed.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
New concepts yea right what have you seen over the past six seasons close to new concepts. You haven’t. Which is why twisted is spot on. This team will do exactly what it has done for 5-6 seasons. Pile up regular season wins and lose in the first or second round. 2 wins in the playoffs in 6 years. The data is piling up. That’s not reason

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nicely put Jammer. Absolutely there is plenty of blame to go around for Saturday. The fact that they just beat the Rams 20-9, two weeks prior is what TO ME is very frustrating. They seemed very unprepared, and that's what has me along with many VERY frustrated. I thoroughly enjoyed the season and the Division Title.
I'm ready for a change or 3, but I'm certainly very aware of how great of a season it was. Still a bit angry, especially about the 3 playoff wins and 6 seasons. It's just plain not good enough for this team and the talent they have. Just my opinion.
But, on to next season, and I suspect they will be very good again.