Davante Adams

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the less convinced I am we draft WR in the first. I think we go DT or OL if we are high enough on one, maybe even ASJ, but going off track record, a WR seems unlikely. I like Adams, but I also like a lot of WRs in this draft and I think there is enough value to be had with our second or if we want to move into the third. Abbrederis will be there.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":28y3y7a3 said:
The more I think about it, the less convinced I am we draft WR in the first. I think we go DT or OL if we are high enough on one, maybe even ASJ, but going off track record, a WR seems unlikely. I like Adams, but I also like a lot of WRs in this draft and I think there is enough value to be had with our second or if we want to move into the third. Abbrederis will be there.

That does make sense. If we re-sign Tate and Baldwin, we're going to be pretty loaded at receiver as long as Harvin stays healthy. DT/OL do seem like bigger priorities.

OL: David Yankey, Cyrus Kouandjio, or Zach Martin would all be early contributors.

DL: Stephon Tuitt, RaShede Hageman, Aaron Donald, etc. all look like solid choices.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah the need for WR really hinges of Percys health, either way I think you could grab a WR at 64 and still get great value. If you can restructure Zach Miller i'd say draft OL if you can't then ASJ would be a great pick at 32. As long as we resign Bennett the DL doesn't worry me to much, even if we lose Red and Clem.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
getnasty":ykb1z9r4 said:
Yeah the need for WR really hinges of Percys health, either way I think you could grab a WR at 64 and still get great value. If you can restructure Zach Miller i'd say draft OL if you can't then ASJ would be a great pick at 32. As long as we resign Bennett the DL doesn't worry me to much, even if we lose Red and Clem.

I'm concerned about Sefarian-Jenkins' blocking. I don't think we should release Zach Miller, but if we do, we need a great blocker at TE for this offense to function. We're a team that runs the ball 30+ times per game. That's our identity. And another reason why WR may not be the best option in the First Round if Tate and Baldwin re-sign. ASJ has never been a good in-line blocker. I wouldn't take him in the First Round for that reason.

drdevin

Reaction score
Sark had continuously praised ASJ for his blocking for the last year and a half. I don't know where you get the impression that he's not a good blocker. On top of that, his playing weight of over 270 made him one of the biggest TE's in the country. I wouldn't worry about his blocking as much as his speed.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really only see WR even being considered in the 1st rd for us even we cannot lock up Tate and Baldwin.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I would'nt be mad but I think Seattle would get better value at DT in the First round. everyone going CB,QB,OT,OLB,WR in the top picks in my opinion. Should be a few bad boy DT's when seattle picks at 32.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Unless there is an obvious talent at DT/DE, I think it would be great for us to get a guy like Adams at 32. I really think a big body who can dominate the Red Line and Red Zone, you will see this offense become Elite.

With the speculation about Rice's future seemingly becoming a reality, I think this is a great year to grab a stud WR and ease him into a role. I love our WR corps but if we got one more stud with either a big body or premeire speed, we are set for the long haul.

General Manager

Reaction score
Adam's will be a very good WR in the NFL and at 32 that's a damn good football player for that late in the first round. If he's there they should take him. If there's a legit DT sitting there that's fine but it has to be first round talent though not a reach. Davante has everything you look for in quality WR definatly not a reach at 32.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1mnxo8px said:
Not worth a 1st. 2nd yes.

Since our first is essentially a 2nd, that's not that big of a stretch.

Honestly, Adams is solidly in that second tier or WR group. One or two of them could go in the late 2nd. When you look at the mocks around, figure that half of those 20-32 picks are going to slip to the 2nd round. Other 2nd round projected talent will replace them.

I can see Adams being one of those guys. I'd put him at or near the top of the tier 2 WRs along with Robinson and Beckham. Adams shouldn't be there at 64. If we target him and like/value his explosiveness that we expect to be confirmed at the combine, then I wouldn't consider him a reach at 32.

It is not even unlikely that the best WR in this entire class comes from the tier 2 group. So I'm not uncomfortable if we take him at 32.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He's not even 6'1"..... I don't feel he is what we need. I would much rather pick a WR with a different body type then this guy.

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":m0l1cm3s said:

I agree with this entirely. I think the Hawks will be looking at a line position and ought to consider moving down to somewhere between 33-45 while obtaining a new 3rd round pick, possibly with one of the two 5s or a 4th in the 2015 draft.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Allen Robinson measured in at 6'3/220... dude added 15 lbs. Lets see how that translates in the 40.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
SDHawk":2vk6d6fw said:
Allen Robinson measured in at 6'3/220... dude added 15 lbs. Lets see how that translates in the 40.
Allen Robinson measured in at 6-2 even.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SDHawk":g9cz2wwv said:

College listings are not always correct. He actually shrunk an inch and was up 15lbs from his listing. Its incorrect to say "he added 15lbs". You are suggesting he gained muscle, which is incorrect.

SDHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1mt2cc8q said:
SDHawk":1mt2cc8q said:

College listings are not always correct. He actually shrunk an inch and was up 15lbs from his listing. Its incorrect to say "he added 15lbs". You are suggesting he gained muscle, which is incorrect.

Dont even know what you're trying to say.

You said in the Allen Robinson thread that you thought he looked 6' and 200. He's clearly not as small as you thought he was. He measured in at 6'2 5/8 and 220 lbs. Thats a big receiver.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2hkcsajq said:
Just cannot imagine Seattle drafting Adams or Robinson at #32.

I hope you're wrong.. they're my 2 favorite WR's in the draft outside of big named guys.