Davante Adams

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":34bmd8en said:
He's not even 6'1"..... I don't feel he is what we need. I would much rather pick a WR with a different body type then this guy.

He's a legit 6'1 as per the combine 6010 .

General Manager

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2gx07s3b said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2gx07s3b said:
Just cannot imagine Seattle drafting Adams or Robinson at #32.

I hope you're wrong.. they're my 2 favorite WR's in the draft outside of big named guys.

Adam's or Robinson they need to take one of them at 32 , there just to good of players to pass on.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ecebmoj said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2ecebmoj said:

I hope you're wrong.. they're my 2 favorite WR's in the draft outside of big named guys.

I just can't see this team going for a 6-1 or 6-2 receiver, neither of which is likely to run a brilliant time for their size tomorrow.

General Manager

Reaction score
If they don't they need to give Lockette a legit chance to compete for a starting job I hate to see a player with his speed not being developed .

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":23wlhwk9 said:
Hasselbeck":23wlhwk9 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":23wlhwk9 said:

I just can't see this team going for a 6-1 or 6-2 receiver, neither of which is likely to run a brilliant time for their size tomorrow.

So say somehow Marquis Lee fell to 32.. you really think they'd pass on him because he's a hair under 6 feet?

6-1/6-2 isn't a major difference. If JS/PC feel Adams or Robinson can play, they should entertain the idea of drafting him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29euzrfu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":29euzrfu said:
Hasselbeck":29euzrfu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":29euzrfu said:

So say somehow Marquis Lee fell to 32.. you really think they'd pass on him because he's a hair under 6 feet?

6-1/6-2 isn't a major difference. If JS/PC feel Adams or Robinson can play, they should entertain the idea of drafting him.

Yeah I do. Seattle isn't looking for a Z/slot guy. If we were letting Tate walk, then you might be on to something.

Lee is not remotely suitable for split end.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34o0wz6q said:

I'd turn that around and say if Lee fell to #32, then yes they'd probably pass on him. Because the guy is such an explosive player that if he makes it to the last pick of the first round clearly there's an issue.

I think we both know that Lee will be long gone.

I think size is a big factor and it's more than just about whether they can play. There's going to be prospects taken in round three of this class that can 'play'. The Seahawks have gone for physical difference makers early in every draft.

Okung -- huge length that people forget, long arms, terrific athlete.

Thomas -- 4.3 speed according to Seattle's watches.

Carpenter -- not an athlete, but an enormous human being with a super resume for run blocking at Alabama (what they wanted at the time)

Irvin -- 4.4 speed. Athlete.

Harvin/Michael -- last year's two top 'picks' even if one was a trade. Both explosive athletes.

Neither Adams or Robinson fall into that size/speed/athlete bracket for me. Robinson is not a burner, he's a shifty runner. Nice player. I don't dislike him. Any team looking for a shifty YAC guy who can play outside too will like him, probably in the second round. We're not really lacking guys who can turn it on in the open field to be fair.

Adams really doesn't blow me away. Let's see how he does against a proper defense, because who was he dominating in 2013? There were games against teams like Wyoming last year where I think I'd have got a few snaps at corner the way they were playing. It was embarrassing.

For me he looks like an average athlete. He has fire, and I like his and Robinson's personality. But they just seem so un-Seahawky.

I reckon Seattle's WR board, even in a deep class, will be pretty small in terms of R1. It might be limited to Evans and Benjamin. I think that's what they crave -- massive size with incredible speed for that size. Coleman might be an option if he lights it up on Sunday, we'll see. But I'm going to say it's Evans and Benjamin right now.

And when they go in the top 10-15, I think they'll look elsewhere. In fact I think we could easily see a guy like Troy Niklas be preferred to most of these receivers. 270lbs, 6-6 and can run? That's the kind of thing Seattle tends to go for early on in the draft, for better or for worse.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":2pc1vilt said:
ImTheScientist":2pc1vilt said:
He's not even 6'1"..... I don't feel he is what we need. I would much rather pick a WR with a different body type then this guy.

He measured just under 6'1" ...your number is a round up and not legit.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":b0zym5fq said:
Hasselbeck":b0zym5fq said:

I'd turn that around and say if Lee fell to #32, then yes they'd probably pass on him. Because the guy is such an explosive player that if he makes it to the last pick of the first round clearly there's an issue.

I think size is a big factor and it's more than just about whether they can play. There's going to be prospects taken in round three of this class that can 'play'. The Seahawks have gone for physical difference makers early in every draft.

Carpenter -- not an athlete, but an enormous human being with a super resume for run blocking at Alabama (what they wanted at the time)

Harvin/Michael -- last year's two top 'picks' even if one was a trade. Both explosive athletes.

Neither Adams or Robinson fall into that size/speed/athlete bracket for me. Robinson is not a burner, he's a shifty runner. Nice player. I don't dislike him. Any team looking for a shifty YAC guy who can play outside too will like him, probably in the second round. We're not really lacking guys who can turn it on in the open field to be fair.

Adams really doesn't blow me away. Let's see how he does against a proper defense, because who was he dominating in 2013? There were games against teams like Wyoming last year where I think I'd have got a few snaps at corner the way they were playing. It was embarrassing.

For me he looks like an average athlete. He has fire, and I like his and Robinson's personality. But they just seem so un-Seahawky.

I reckon Seattle's WR board, even in a deep class, will be pretty small in terms of R1. It might be limited to Evans and Benjamin. I think that's what they crave -- massive size with incredible speed for that size. Coleman might be an option if he lights it up on Sunday, we'll see. But I'm going to say it's Evans and Benjamin right now.

And when they go in the top 10-15, I think they'll look elsewhere. In fact I think we could easily see a guy like Troy Niklas be preferred to most of these receivers. 270lbs, 6-6 and can run? That's the kind of thing Seattle tends to go for early on in the draft, for better or for worse.

I agree.

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":4pv61wt5 said:
General Manager":4pv61wt5 said:
ImTheScientist":4pv61wt5 said:

Combine number is 6010 right, or is there another one out there.

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":21z2evvb said:
theENGLISHseahawk":21z2evvb said:
Hasselbeck":21z2evvb said:

I agree.

We are picking at 32 the perfect players in your mind will not be available.

kearly

Reaction score
I like this guy but I think with his good but not great size and non-BCS conference competition he's going to be available at #64.

Pretty good player, reminds me a little of Keenan Allen. As good as Allen is, I don't really think we need another quality #2. Wouldn't hate the pick, but I'd much rather see them swing for the fences on a guy who's 6'4" plus or who runs in the 4.3s at any size.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":2n2zrw6c said:
ImTheScientist":2n2zrw6c said:
General Manager":2n2zrw6c said:
ImTheScientist":2n2zrw6c said:

Combine number is 6010 right, or is there another one out there.
Nope...

Fresno State WR Davante Adams measured 6-foot 7/8 and 212 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's over an inch shorter and four pounds lighter than his college listing. Derek Carr's go-to guy, Adams led the nation in receptions (131) and touchdown catches (24) as a redshirt sophomore this past season, and finished second nationally in receiving yards per game (132.2). He's a day-two prospect.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kearly":91ps8e80 said:
I like this guy but I think with his good but not great size and non-BCS conference competition he's going to be available at #64.

Pretty good player, reminds me a little of Keenan Allen. As good as Allen is, I don't really think we need another quality #2. Wouldn't hate the pick, but I'd much rather see them swing for the fences on a guy who's 6'4" plus or who runs in the 4.3s at any size.

Same here. Thing about js and PC is you know they will as well.

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":9bln230v said:
kearly":9bln230v said:

That's absolutely wrong, it's fine to say they should take someone else but your off your rocker if you think he'll still be on the board at 64.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
General Manager":3q2jq9nv said:
ImTheScientist":3q2jq9nv said:
kearly":3q2jq9nv said:

That's absolutely wrong, it's fine to say they should take someone else but your off your rocker if you think he'll still be on the board at 64.

The draft is a funny beast. Honestly, this kind of hyperbole is said/written every year. This is a really deep WR class. Adams isn't at the top of the tier 2 list. If there is a run on a different position group other than WR, then more than half of the tier 2 guys will drop to round 3.

Adams has his ardent admirers for sure. I count myself amongst them. But the problem with a deep class, is a lot of teams will seek to fill other positions early and hold off on dipping into the WR pool. It really looks like OL is going to be king this year. The measurements and the agility/speed we're seeing today -- I think there are 7 guys that ran under 1.7/5.0 today. Normally you get two, maybe three in a good class to do that.

Adams is going to have to really separate himself from the tier 2 pack tomorrow. If not, he's probably in the 8th to 12th WR taken off the board. His measurements yesterday are really disappointing compared to his listed size and relatively speaking, he's in the bottom half of all WRs measurement wise.

His competition was awful. His scheme was extremely non pro style. His demonstrated route running of an entire NFL route tree is a complete unknown. There are plenty of reasons why he could drop to the 3rd. Right now, he is simply a #2/Z receiver only. He has no physical ability to play the X. So he's competing against a huge pool of really athletic and fast receivers who have a lot more to evaluate on tape.

General Manager

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":18wk8rdz said:
General Manager":18wk8rdz said:
ImTheScientist":18wk8rdz said:
kearly":18wk8rdz said:

The draft is a funny beast. Honestly, this kind of hyperbole is said/written every year. This is a really deep WR class. Adams isn't at the top of the tier 2 list. If there is a run on a different position group other than WR, then more than half of the tier 2 guys will drop to round 3.

Adams has his ardent admirers for sure. I count myself amongst them. But the problem with a deep class, is a lot of teams will seek to fill other positions early and hold off on dipping into the WR pool. It really looks like OL is going to be king this year. The measurements and the agility/speed we're seeing today -- I think there are 7 guys that ran under 1.7/5.0 today. Normally you get two, maybe three in a good class to do that.

Adams is going to have to really separate himself from the tier 2 pack tomorrow. If not, he's probably in the 8th to 12th WR taken off the board. His measurements yesterday are really disappointing compared to his listed size and relatively speaking, he's in the bottom half of all WRs measurement wise.

His competition was awful. His scheme was extremely non pro style. His demonstrated route running of an entire NFL route tree is a complete unknown. There are plenty of reasons why he could drop to the 3rd. Right now, he is simply a #2/Z receiver only. He has no physical ability to play the X. So he's competing against a huge pool of really athletic and fast receivers who have a lot more to evaluate on tape.

This would apply to Coleman , not Adams . Now if Coleman lights up the combine then maybe they will have to take him at 32. Adams and Robinson will almost certainly be off the board before pick 64. There's a descent chance Coleman might be available there though depending on his combine numbers. Adams and Coleman are almost locks to still be on the board at 32 as well as Robinson to but I wouldn't count on it. That's good news for Seattle. I think Adams and Robinson have a higher ceiling than Tate or Baldwin coming out of college. Coleman is your typical high risk prospect he could pay off big or be gone in two years, . I would rather see them take a player that will be on the team and starting 2 years from now. It's just a matter of how convinced you are of Coleman's ability he has the physical tools but the rest of it is questionable. To be continued after the WR's combine workout's we'll know more.

drrew

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":b59d6f5b said:
Average time for Adams at his size.

Coleman, Evans and Benjamin -- WOW.

40 times aside, Benjamin and Evans have not looked good in the workouts. They both really round out their routes. I'll be interested in seeing what their times are in the quickness drills. They clearly passed the speed tests, but agility, at least based on drills, looks mediocre.