Darren Woodson: Earl Thomas is the best safety in the NFL

-The Glove-

Reaction score
A couple weeks old but didn't see it posted anywhere from a quick search. Lots of praise from a HOF candidate that knows a thing or two about great safety play.

[youtube]k1RAsLwY8nU[/youtube]

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Great piece. I was expecting to see Carey reaching for a flag on that Bradford hit, though.

Sturm

Reaction score
They need to get rid of these dumb girls. Just like I don't talk to my girlfriend about football, I don't wanna hear about football from a chick on ESPN either.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sturm":33panm85 said:
They need to get rid of these dumb girls. Just like I don't talk to my girlfriend about football, I don't wanna hear about football from a chick on ESPN either.

Man, she was just asking questions. Woodson was doing all the talking.

Sturm

Reaction score
-The Glove-":j8s3yvui said:
Sturm":j8s3yvui said:

Yeah, but many of them on these shows talk X's and O's.

Sac

Reaction score
Sturm":u5f73u0e said:
-The Glove-":u5f73u0e said:
Sturm":u5f73u0e said:

Yeah, but many of them on these shows talk X's and O's.

You're a racist.

sutz

Reaction score
Sturm":wjh9rjdg said:
:roll:

Get over yourself.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
To state that only the male sex can get intense and knowledgeable about football is showing a level of "intelligence" not seen around these parts in a long time! :34853_doh:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Great interview. I don't care if a girl is talking sports, as long as they know what they're talking about (which seems rare on TV). They could look like the back end of a mule, but if they are educated...have at it.

TVHAWK

Reaction score
Suzy Culber and Pam Oliver are great- All the rest are just pretty fluff that stupid TV execs think that all young men would rather see than Sportscasters who know the game inside and out. Me- Not so much... :les:

nategreat

Reaction score
Sturm":115st29d said:

This girl is hot. Comparing her to your girlfriend is apples and oranges.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Nice to see praise from such a respected source. I love Earl Thomas. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Sturm":22qvdznk said:

There are times I'd agree with parts of what you said, but in this case I honestly thought she did a pretty good job.

On topic, are there any safeties out there that any of us think are better than Earl? I'm not quite sure myself. Seems like there isn't a clear-cut best safety in the NFL right now.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Great segment.

I prayed we would draft Earl out of college.

In fact, going into the draft I wanted to take ET or Okung with our first pick. And ET or Iupati with our second first rounder.
(How devastating would an Okung/Iupati left side be?)

I have felt ETs role as our free safety has been a bit cautious in its early stages. And I enjoyed seeing him emerge as a big playmaker with a key INT in each of our two playoff games last year. I expect HUGE things from him going forward.

The one thing about ETs game that troubles me is how physical he is willing to be in run support. Understand: I respect the hell out of him for it, and I don't think he is capable of playing any other way, but I wish the rest of our defenders wouldn't allow his any opportunities to throw his body into the fray against fullbacks and OLinemen.

The guy is indispensable to this defense and without fear.

bellingerga

Reaction score
sutz":28cps850 said:
Sturm":28cps850 said:
:roll:

Get over yourself.

I second that.

I'd like to think he was just joking, but I think he's actually serious. :34853_doh:

Anyway, Earl Thomas getting the recognition he deserves.

I'm so glad that young man stays healthy cause I think this defense would not be close to how good it is without him.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
bestfightstory":gzapsxqy said:
Great segment.
The one thing about ETs game that troubles me is how physical he is willing to be in run support. Understand: I respect the hell out of him for it, and I don't think he is capable of playing any other way, but I wish the rest of our defenders wouldn't allow his any opportunities to throw his body into the fray against fullbacks and OLinemen.

The guy is indispensable to this defense and without fear.

How dare you!

Didn't he get ran over by a midget in Atlanta?

He's a great center fielder. And the crazy thing is that he could be even better. He has the talent to be better than Brian Dawkins.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sturm":1jucrhcq said:

Have you ever seen Rich Eisen or Chris Berman do an interview? This "dumb girl" did a better job than either of them could have done. Eisen always asks a stupid question about what they're wearing or something and Berman, well, he's become such a caricature of himself he's embarrassing to watch.

kunged

Reaction score
I would probably agree, I can't think of one I would rank higher. I remember I wanted Thomas and Iupati in the draft (for the 49ers)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sturm":3u5d6jjq said:
I could say the same for these "dumb guys"....yes?

On the actual topic I was very happy to see Woodson make that comment. It's hard for the average person to see how Earl affects our defense but people that know football know exactly what his real impact is.

Latest posts