Darren Woodson: Earl Thomas is the best safety in the NFL

Subzero717

Reaction score
If you don't care for women on sports go to nfln where the brilliant football minds of Jamie Dukes, Heath Evans, Rich Eisen (should I keep going?) Can mistify you with their intelligence and knowledge.

Earl is man.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
don%20draper.jpg

I don't see the problem with what he said. :D

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sturm":20qvqj2b said:
They need to get rid of these dumb girls. Just like I don't talk to my girlfriend about football, I don't wanna hear about football from a chick on ESPN either.

You are the best. I bet you could find a way to start a thunderstorm on a field full of rainbows and kittens. Don't ever change.

On topic: Good interview by Woodson, and it's good to hear the types of things said on this board repeated on a national network.

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't know about all the rest of the stuff on this thread about chick sports reporters, but i do know.. ET is the best free safety in the game, and those white on white uni's are tight as hell.... i want to see more of them in road games.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't mind attrative girls participating in the discussion. I'm not so much a fan of women play-by-play broadcasters- there's 1 that calls football games I've noticed over the last few years. I find her annoying.

Thoughts on women play-by-play broadcasters?

HawksSoc

Reaction score
kearly":1ij91h7g said:
On topic, are there any safeties out there that any of us think are better than Earl? I'm not quite sure myself. Seems like there isn't a clear-cut best safety in the NFL right now.

I don't necessarily think they are better then Earl, but Eric Weddle and Jarius Byrd are close enough for consideration I think, especially Weddle, the fact that he's most likely not on the top100 list is a joke in my opinion.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sturm":2tusefvf said:
They need to get rid of these dumb girls. Just like I don't talk to my girlfriend about football, I don't wanna hear about football from a chick on ESPN either.
You're right. Prisco would have been muuuuuch better. :roll:

NYCoug

Reaction score
For the most part, yeah, the chick reporters suck and are just there for eye candy. Most of the time. At the same time though, you've got the Jamie Dukes' and Heath Evans' of the world making male sports reporters look awful as well. Fact is, 95% of the world are idiots anyway, it's finding the quality 5%, male or female. You either got it or ya don't. I just hate it when they stick a chick with no talent but a decent body out there because you know she got that job over someone who was probably better than her, just didn't look as appealing. America, F ya, but I digress...

As for Earl, I'm with bfs on this one. His first few years he was clearly the most talented member of the defense and he was playing that center field role and he did a good job of not letting anything get over the top. Now, as the rest of the defense and team in general gets better and better, it'll free up his role a little bit more and he'll be able to roam around and make some big plays like in the playoffs this past season. The sky really is the limit with him, as he's so damn young and has already accomplished so much! I'm definitely excited to see what ET brings this season, my bet is he'll have a career year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sturm":1147q6f9 said:
Chauvinist asshole. Men like you just make me want to talk more. I come from a football family. We know our shit. I wish this was in the shack now. :thfight7:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NYCoug":3umkv8dk said:
Fact is, 95% of the world are idiots anyway
QFT

NYCoug":3umkv8dk said:
The sky really is the limit with him, as he's so damn young and has already accomplished so much! I'm definitely excited to see what ET brings this season, my bet is he'll have a career year.
Also QFT

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
On ET; He is the QB of the secondary and IMO the most valuable player in the LOB. We cannot lose him.

mikeak

Reaction score
nategreat":3ok1hmc9 said:
Sturm":3ok1hmc9 said:

This girl is hot. Comparing her to your girlfriend is apples and oranges.

LMAO - funny. Way to attack the poster and not the post. oh wait

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
nategreat":1gf0bfn2 said:
Sturm":1gf0bfn2 said:

This girl is hot. Comparing her to your girlfriend is apples and oranges.
ZING!!!!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2ad3wszg said:
Great segment.

I prayed we would draft Earl out of college.

In fact, going into the draft I wanted to take ET or Okung with our first pick. And ET or Iupati with our second first rounder.
(How devastating would an Okung/Iupati left side be?)

I have felt ETs role as our free safety has been a bit cautious in its early stages. And I enjoyed seeing him emerge as a big playmaker with a key INT in each of our two playoff games last year. I expect HUGE things from him going forward.

The one thing about ETs game that troubles me is how physical he is willing to be in run support. Understand: I respect the hell out of him for it, and I don't think he is capable of playing any other way, but I wish the rest of our defenders wouldn't allow his any opportunities to throw his body into the fray against fullbacks and OLinemen.

The guy is indispensable to this defense and without fear.

I think I agree with you on the "cautious" vibe. It almost defies logic to say that his play has been rather low key, but he does play quite cautiously in that he doesn't seem to take many risks, and is nearly always in a position to break on the play. The guy is practically psychic in how he knows which receiver to sprint towards. His ability in run support belies his size, and his technique for handling big guys is sound in how he dives for their legs. If I had only one word to describe Earl Thomas, fearless would likely be my chosen adjective.

He's not a discipline issue. He's not a character concern. He's got no lack of ability, no lack of (quiet) confidence, and plays ball at the highest level we've seen since Easley and Robinson. I love the way he plays the game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jlwaters1":202uefca said:
I don't mind attrative girls participating in the discussion. I'm not so much a fan of women play-by-play broadcasters- there's 1 that calls football games I've noticed over the last few years. I find her annoying.

Not seen it enough to have a strong opinion but it would seem out of place for football but who knows a woman might be very good at it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3s5enekm said:
jlwaters1":3s5enekm said:

Not seen it enough to have a strong opinion but it would seem out of place for football but who knows a woman might be very good at it.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Women do great interviews and can have great discussions but actually calling a game should be left to a masculine voice. It's the same with horse racing. I have never heard nor want to hear a woman call a race. They are great at handicapping and interviewing but the actual call is better with a deep bravado. The same with Football. Of course, the stupid comment earlier was referring to a female interviewer and not an actual game call. Apples to Oranges.

mikeak

Reaction score
I really hope a lot of you are not hiring managers at your companies. If you live with this belief that the work is done better by one of the sexes simply because of them being male and female then you have a pretty outdated opinion (this excludes work that in GENERAL requires a stronger person).

A woman can be as good doing any of these reporter jobs as a man if she has the SAME knowledge. The real question is YOU as a listener / watcher of the program can mentally listen to a female voice and accept the fact that she is as good.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Sturm":2tj693tt said:

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?