Dan Quinn & Mike MacDonald Interviews

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I'm not too high on DQ, but a lot of people are saying he'd he able to put a great coaching staff together.
Iā€™m not either on DQ. Just seems convenient for meā€¦ hoping JS does some legit homework and search like I envision him to. Heā€™s gotta get this right now that heā€™s ā€œin chargeā€.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Will Jody and Bert let John do his job though? Or will they meddle?

My guess is they will leave it to "football people" to do their jobs.

So if DQ is hired, it's 100% John's decision.
Good point. Which is why JS I think goes a different direction. JS has to be giddy with the ā€œpowerā€ he now has. I trust him and what he seesā€¦ until I canā€™t.

Torc

Reaction score
With Quinn out of the playoffs, we should know quickly whether he is John's first choice.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes. John is the new leader of the Seahawks, it's his call.
Is it not a reasonable fear to have that Jody and Bert, notorious and hated meddlers of the other team they own, would... you know, meddle?

I'm optimistic the Seahawks will remain as an organization that is treated a bit differently than the Blazers, but acting like you have a definitive grasp of the private organizational dynamics of the team isn't especially considerate of all factors.

You just spent years refusing to spell this woman's name correctly, and suddenly she's a perfect owner who is incapable of potentially burdensome prodding in operations?

Torc

Reaction score
Is it not a reasonable fear to have that Jody and Bert, notorious and hated meddlers of the other team they own, would... you know, meddle?

I'm optimistic the Seahawks will remain as an organization that is treated a bit differently than the Blazers, but acting like you have a definitive grasp of the private organizational dynamics of the team isn't especially considerate of all factors.
I've never heard that Jody is particularly meddlesome with the Seahawks. Mainly just the end of season interview, although I'm sure she touches bases more often than that but I've never heard of her demanding changes midseason or anything of the sort.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I would GLADLY take Dan Quinn as a defensive coordinator. But not head coach.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think looking at MacDonald (though I think a great choice) and Quinn are red herrings. Convince some teams around the league we want to snatch up one of the higher end DC as a head coach, make someone sweat a little and then quickly nab one of the younger offensive minded coaches. I say this only because of Schneider's background in GB, typically leaning more QB and offense oriented.
Like we did with the pre draft QB carousel? Gawd I hope youā€™re right.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I've never heard that Jody is particularly meddlesome with the Seahawks. Mainly just the end of season interview, although I'm sure she touches bases more often than that but I've never heard of her demanding changes midseason or anything of the sort.
She's involved, at the very least. Remains to be seen if she can be considered particularly meddlesome, but her and Bert have a track record that has me on high alert. Bert was reportedly a big advocate for pushing Holmgren out, and similarly had a big hand in hiring Mora, whereas Leiweke was Pete's advocate.

Jody, in the case of the Blazers, apparently delegates a lot to Bert according to reports that COULD just be sour grapes, but... you know, it all kinda makes sense.

Bert is Paul Allen's college roommate, so thats how he got in. He fired a bunch of the Blazers longtime media team last season for apparently no reason, which pissed a bunch of people off. They made an extremely questionable GM hire and suck ass after ruining their relationship with their franchise player.

Every story that anyone has ever told about Bert Kolde in terms of his role in sports teams has been bad, from what I can see. I'm not optimistic about his involvement in anything.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Good point. Which is why JS I think goes a different direction. JS has to be giddy with the ā€œpowerā€ he now has. I trust him and what he seesā€¦ until I canā€™t.

Yeah it's wait and see for me. It seems John got the credit for everything good, while Pete got the blame for everything bad. I saw them as "partners in crime." While Pete had the authority to override John, it doesn't mean he always exercised that authority.

So we will see if there are over bloated contracts, bad trade values, and suspect draft picks going forward...

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
She's involved, at the very least. Remains to be seen if she can be considered particularly meddlesome, but her and Bert have a track record that has me on high alert. Bert was reportedly a big advocate for pushing Holmgren out, and similarly had a big hand in hiring Mora, whereas Leiweke was Pete's advocate.

Jody, in the case of the Blazers, apparently delegates a lot to Bert according to reports that COULD just be sour grapes, but... you know, it all kinda makes sense.

Bert is Paul Allen's college roommate, so thats how he got in. He fired a bunch of the Blazers longtime media team last season for apparently no reason, which pissed a bunch of people off. They made an extremely questionable GM hire and suck ass after ruining their relationship with their franchise player.

Every story that anyone has ever told about Bert Kolde in terms of his role in sports teams has been bad, from what I can see. I'm not optimistic about his involvement in anything.

Holmgren didnt exactly get pushed out, the Seahawks just never renewed his contract, and then named his successor while Holmgren was still on the job. In retrospect, that was a rather insane situation that I dont think has happened since in the entire league.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like a Shadowy Bob Whitsitt without the attention whore symptoms. Just loves being the guy in power.

chris98251

Reaction score
Probably not a good sign for Quinn lovers that he's not even scheduled to interview here at all next week.

Don't take what you read as absolute, there have been no actual releases of whom we are looking at or talking too I have seen, everything is speculation or mediots opinions of what they think is best fit.

To date it has not shown anywhere that we have asked or set up an interview with anyone. You think that is factual also? They have a plan in motion and I do not believe for an instant we have not spoken with ANYONE as of yet.

keasley45

Reaction score
Don't take what you read as absolute, there have been no actual releases of whom we are looking at or talking too I have seen, everything is speculation or mediots opinions of what they think is best fit.

To date it has not shown anywhere that we have asked or set up an interview with anyone. You think that is factual also? They have a plan in motion and I do not believe for an instant we have not spoken with ANYONE as of yet.
I think the fact that Quinns schedule of interviews has been posted and Seattle isnt on is good intel.

What it means remains to be seen.

Could mean we are lukewarm on him.

Could mean hes our top candidate and we are his top destination and hes gathering offers for the sake of negotiating terms with us.

Letting players go out and seek their best offer before negotiating has long been a seattle tactic. John could be applying the same approach here.

Or... he could just not be interested in rushing into the Quinn sweepstakes because he's, well, less interested than has been reported.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

The only absolute I was pointing out was that Quinn does not have an interview scheduled in Seattle next week.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think the fact that Quinns schedule of interviews has been posted and Seattle isnt on is good intel.

What it means remains to be seen.

Could mean we are lukewarm on him.

Could mean hes our top candidate and we are his top destination and hes gathering offers for the sake of negotiating terms with us.

Letting players go out and seek their best offer before negotiating has long been a seattle tactic. John could be applying the same approach here.

Or... he could just not be interested in rushing into the Quinn sweepstakes because he's, well, less interested than has been reported.
This organization does tend to put out indicators and then take a 180ā€¢ turn.

Its getting exciting!!

chris98251

Reaction score
The only absolute I was pointing out was that Quinn does not have an interview scheduled in Seattle next week.
I was not referring to you, I meant anyone anywhere, if you were to take what is being released as gospel we are not looking at anyone or setting up anything, we know that is not realistic. But they are not leaking any information to any outlets it would appear.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was not referring to you, I meant anyone anywhere, if you were to take what is being released as gospel we are not looking at anyone or setting up anything, we know that is not realistic. But they are not leaking any information to any outlets it would appear.

Idk what you're even saying Chris. Coach visits are official releases to the press, they don't land Quinn under the cover of darkness, throw him in a potato sack at Seatac and usher him into the VMAC so no one knows.

Will he visit Seattle next week? Idk. But as of now, no official visit scheduled.

Latest posts