Da Raaaiiiidddderrrrs

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2ixq9h3t said:
pehawk":2ixq9h3t said:
I sure hope Lynch gets a chance to play for the Raiders next year, if they're still in Oakland.

While ending up in Oakland certainly makes sense in the surface, I'd be worried about Shawn being able to keep his head on straight down there. Let's face it, most of his friends down there didn't make it to the League. I'd hope he'd be able to avoid the temptations because I'd hate to see his story have an unhappy ending.

Shawn? :141847_bnono:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It's going to suck seeing my boy Marcus mariotA in the silver and black next season. Hopefully they do the raider thing and take Jameis Winston instead. He's much more raidery. As for this weekend, color me not concerned.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This game scares the crap out of me, much like the Dallas game did. Plus, that embarrassing butt kicking we got by them in the pre-season is still a fresh memory for me. I really hope the team will be focused and ready for this game.

RaiderTruths

Reaction score
That's a fairly good analysis of the Raiders. Since the Raiders was over a long, long time ago, here is basically all you need to do to beat us:

1. Apply pressure on Carr.

Raiders o-line is actually better than expected, so don't assume a 4-man rush will do the trick. As a rookie QB, Carr is expected to struggle against blitzes and it was actually well documented in Fresno that he struggles against pass rush.

2. RUN THE BALL.

Raiders played against the run last week, but it was against an average back in Ben Tate. Before that? God awful doesn't even describe how bad they are against the run. Our middle linebacker (Miles Burris)? Ranked the WORST linebacker in the league by PFF.

3. Show up for the game.

There really isn't much you need to know to beat the Raiders...

I'm hoping guys like Carr and Mack eventually hit their prime, but as of right now, they're horrific. Good luck to your Seahawks though.

P.S. Is the Lynch news accurate? Would love the Raiders to make a move this off-season (he is an Oakland-native, BTW).

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks Truths for coming in here.

We know as much as you regarding Lynch.

As far as the game is concerned, this Seahawk team is not at last years level, but there are some good signs that we will be improving, that's all I got.

RaiderTruths

Reaction score
Largent80":33fhw17y said:
As far as the game is concerned, this Seahawk team is not at last years level, but there are some good signs that we will be improving, that's all I got.

The defense has been shaky this year, but the game against the Panthers was encouraging. Growth of Wilson is the key, I really honestly believe his ceiling is Drew Brees IF he continues to improve in the pocket.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Welcome! If this was 1999 it wouldn't be a warm welcome. Raiders games we're the one game a year fans sitting next to me WOULDN'T complain. No one cared if I abused Raider fans.

I wouldn't rule out both Holmgren and Lynch in Oakland next year, actually. Just a hunch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1x9nn1pc said:
Imagine if we swapped Marshawn for McFadden and we had to try to contain BEASTMODE this weekend.

I said it Sunday, but I'll reiterate.. no one shuts down Marshawn Lynch better than Darrell Bevell.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anyway.. I know it was preseason .. but Derek Carr made our 1's look foolish.

Hopefully the Seahawks don't overlook these guys.. or it could be Tampa Bay all over again, a game they were very fortunate to win.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Truth's..how's Mack been the past few weeks? I saw his nice plays vs Pats, but nothing since. And, our Raiders fans now happy with Carr?

I LOVED the fact Carr went at everyone, Sherman included. I bet the LOB did too, actually.

RaiderTruths

Reaction score
pehawk":35rty1cw said:
I wouldn't rule out both Holmgren and Lynch in Oakland next year, actually. Just a hunch.

Mike Holmgren is a consultant for us, I think. Has a history with our GM, Reggie McKenzie, from their Green Bay days. I'm also convinced our coach next year is Jon Gruden. And knowing Gruden, he'd LOVE Lynch.

RaiderTruths

Reaction score
pehawk":3sftnh2u said:
Truth's..how's Mack been the past few weeks? I saw his nice plays vs Pats, but nothing since. And, our Raiders fans now happy with Carr?

I LOVED the fact Carr went at everyone, Sherman included. I bet the LOB did too, actually.

Khalil Mack has 10 TFLs for loss so far and is graded the 3rd best run defender by PFF (only behind Watt, V. Miller).

Yes, Carr isn't afraid to go at All-Pro corners (Sherman, Haden, Peterson & Revis). Carr actually went 5-of-6 for 63 yards against Revis.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":22hxadf7 said:
It's going to suck seeing my boy Marcus mariotA in the silver and black next season. Hopefully they do the raider thing and take Jameis Winston instead. He's much more raidery. As for this weekend, color me not concerned.
I don't think they'll take either. I've watched Carr a couple of times and I agree with Pe that he's the real deal. He doesn't throw into double coverage and seems to progress through his reads properly. Problem is dude has NOTHING around him. His o-line is utter shite and his WRs are even worse. Unless they get him some help he'll end up wasting away. But if they do, I think he could be pretty good.

Darryl Lamonica

RaiderTruths

Reaction score
JSeahawks":321a2rny said:

We're not taking Mariota.

Polaris

Reaction score
RaiderTruths":uyzybvaq said:
JSeahawks":uyzybvaq said:

Probably not, but I'm sure the Raiders can get a king's ransom for some other franchise that does want him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
My team before there was the Hawks..RIp "The Stork"...Scrappy is the correct term..Wtf is the matter with MJD?I hope Gruden goes back and finishes what he started before..He is a Raider...Go Hawks!!!

RaiderTruths

Reaction score
Polaris":3ffy3kut said:
RaiderTruths":3ffy3kut said:
JSeahawks":3ffy3kut said:

Probably not, but I'm sure the Raiders can get a king's ransom for some other franchise that does want him.

Probably. Jets and Bucs come to mind.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":31gjj2kr said:
This game scares the crap out of me, much like the Dallas game did. Plus, that embarrassing butt kicking we got by them in the pre-season is still a fresh memory for me. I really hope the team will be focused and ready for this game.

They did crush the Seahawks in the last game of pre-season. It was pre-season. The Seahawks crushed the Chargers in pre-season but what happened during the season? The Raiders will face the same fate. I think their experience will be much different on Sunday. This team and game couldn't be coming at a better time. It's time to get the ship corrected. However, to your point the Raiders are coming in 0-7 so they will be hungry for a win. Seahawks must start and strike quickly.