Cracking the Seahawks Oline Code.

xgeoff

Reaction score
McGruff":3ndt598h said:
Prepare to be disappointed. Seattle isn't coming anywhere near Kirkland.

Just got done watching Ifedi vs. Alabama and he was quite good. Not perfect. None are. But he was quite good against an elite defense.

On Ole Miss I disagree. There were a couple of bad stunt handoffs where the RG didn't pass his guy on to Ifedi like he needed to. There were a couple off bad run blocks, but they were largely away from the play. That's where he seems to struggle the most. Otherwise I thought he played well.

FTR, I love watching Ole Miss pplay defense. Nkemdiche is just a beast, but I keep coming back to Safety Trae Elston. he just jumps off the film to me.

I think you're right about Kirkland not being on the Seahawks radar. He (unfortunately) does not seem to be the kind of lineman they like. And I am already disappointed about that :( LOL. But here is something about Nkemdiche. I am also impressed with Nkemdiche, but when the analysts were talking about him at the combine, they said that there were some games where he didn't show up. One game they mentioned was the Arkansas game.

My personal opinion was that it wasn't that Nkemdiche didn't show up or try hard for that game, it was just that Arkansas had a superior line with guys that could neutralize defenders with great talent like Nkemdiche.

Just my $.02

Overseasfan

Reaction score
McGruff":2d4scfyw said:
titan3131":2d4scfyw said:
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/5332/

Interesting that his closest comp is one Mark Glowinski.

That should indicate he's at least on the Seahawk's draft board but at what grade? Maybe they would like a similar player to Glow because he looks like the best of the 2015 Hawks Oline picks and they wouldn't mind spending a 3rd rounder on McGovern. Keep in mind the FO seemingly has very detailed profiles they want ffor players at certain positions. It could mean that they'd only consider him at RG and that's by fa our best position on the Oline (where Sweezy is a capable starter who could be retained and we have Glow behind him already), which in turn would turn McGovern into an afterthought.

firebee

Reaction score
xgeoff":2jz5xjty said:
McGruff":2jz5xjty said:

Just got done watching Ifedi vs. Alabama and he was quite good. Not perfect. None are. But he was quite good against an elite defense.

On Ole Miss I disagree. There were a couple of bad stunt handoffs where the RG didn't pass his guy on to Ifedi like he needed to. There were a couple off bad run blocks, but they were largely away from the play. That's where he seems to struggle the most. Otherwise I thought he played well.

FTR, I love watching Ole Miss pplay defense. Nkemdiche is just a beast, but I keep coming back to Safety Trae Elston. he just jumps off the film to me.

I think you're right about Kirkland not being on the Seahawks radar. He (unfortunately) does not seem to be the kind of lineman they like. And I am already disappointed about that :( LOL. But here is something about Nkemdiche. I am also impressed with Nkemdiche, but when the analysts were talking about him at the combine, they said that there were some games where he didn't show up. One game they mentioned was the Arkansas game.

My personal opinion was that it wasn't that Nkemdiche didn't show up or try hard for that game, it was just that Arkansas had a superior line with guys that could neutralize defenders with great talent like Nkemdiche.

Just my $.02
If Kirkland isn't the kind of lineman they like... Then why did we draft Carp in the 1st round? They're virtually identical, except I think Kirkland is more athletic than Carp.

McGruff

Reaction score
firebee":1dc3fnb1 said:
xgeoff":1dc3fnb1 said:
McGruff":1dc3fnb1 said:

Just my $.02
If Kirkland isn't the kind of lineman they like... Then why did we draft Carp in the 1st round? They're virtually identical, except I think Kirkland is more athletic than Carp.

Carpenter
.3 seconds better 40
.15 seconds better split
6 inch better vertical
4 reps better bench
.25 seconds better shuttle

So Carpenter was faster, quicker, more agile, stronger and more explosive. And even with all of that, Carpenter was among the least athletic linemen the Seahawks have ever drafted.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
dont say i didnt warn you guys

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BKSportsTalk/status/712667581958651905[/tweet]

Instant Cohesion watch out.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":37kertj0 said:
Carpenter
.3 seconds better 40
.15 seconds better split
6 inch better vertical
4 reps better bench
.25 seconds better shuttle

So Carpenter was faster, quicker, more agile, stronger and more explosive. And even with all of that, Carpenter was among the least athletic linemen the Seahawks have ever drafted.

Mic drop

H76LfSzyXeCnm