Seahawks Draft review and Grade

D

DomeHawk

Good comps are based on play style as much as physical measurables. BW is a horrible comp for Hall.
I thought I clarified that. I never made any comparison to their playing style. They are both very gifted athletes blessed with size AND speed. But if it's that important for you to be a contrarian know-it-all don't let me stop you.

D

DomeHawk

Yes they did. That might be 3-4 outside linebacker or a 4-3 defensive end but he's playing outside. Zach Charbonnet is probably a better comparison to Wagner then Derrick Hall.
Right, OLB's play outside. Lol

D

DomeHawk

There seems to be confusion about the word "outside."

How about "edge?" 34 OLBs play at the edge.
Is it a question of semantics? Not really, it's a hybrid position. There are times Derick will be strictly edge and times where he will be a linebacker. That's what I said initially, i.e., he brings great versatility owing to the fact that he has both the size and speed to do either.

Rainger

Reaction score
This is your first post, and you're handing out grades ? Who are you ? Try building some board cred first. I'm sure you are a great person and a true blue fan and all, but enjoy the draft and do this next year. We'd just like to know you better first. Welcome to dot net.

Cheers
OMG you are sooooooo full of yourself. At least he gave his constructive analysis. Who are you to tell people to get board cred first when all you ever do is criticize the organization and the posters.

Rainger

Reaction score
The Seahawks just finished Days 1 and 2 of the Draft so I’m gonna review it and grade it

Pick 5: Devon Witherspoon

This pick did surprise me when the announced it. I thought it was going to be Jalen Carter but I know they had concerns
About him. I think Devon Witherspoon was a great pick by the Seahawks. I think Pete Carroll is trying to bring back that legion of boom defense and I like it. I think we’ll have a good secondary, and he will fit in with the rest of our corners. Grade: A

Pick 20: Jaxon Smith-Njigba

I really like this pick. I can’t believe the best wide receiver in the draft fell to 20 and we got to pick him. I think he will pair really good with DK and Tyler Lockett and will be a great addition to our offense. I think he will be a great fit in Seattle, and will be a good receiver. Grade: A

Day 2

Pick 37: Derrick Hall

I like this pick because we got the edge rusher we needed. he is 6,3 254 pounds, I think he will be a beast on the field. He’s going to be explosive and be a big part of are defense. Grade: B+

Pick 52: Zach Charbonnet

A lot of people are calling us a bad pic, but they also said that about Kenneth Walker last year and we know how that turned out. I think he will be a good part of our running back here and help out. K9 next year. I think he might need some time to develop and be a good running back
Grade: B

Pick 83: Traded

The Seahawks traded pick 83 to Denver for pick 108 and a 2024 Third Round pick.

I gave the entire draft for the Seahawks a A I think they did really good on drafting like they did last year. I think our team has a bright future and we might make the playoffs next year.
Don't listen to Chawker he lives a very negative life on this board.

Rainger

Reaction score
We're all 12s here my friend, I was saying, if you want people to read your posts they need to know something about you first. Ok

Cheers
You need to go get some board cred first, you have been around since 2010 and only have a reaction score of 501 in 13 years, probably because few ever want to give you a like for what you say. Most are probably laughs.

Last edited:

Chawker

Reaction score
You need to go get some board cred first, you have been around since 2010 and only have a reaction score of 501, probably because few ever want to give you a like for what you say. Most are probably laughs.
Since 1999, Thats 24 years if you are counting. Don't believe me, ask Aros. He is the found of this board. When he sold .Net alot of us lost thousand of posts. Actually I've got close to 15,000 post. Scince 2010 was after he got it back from scouts sports, but you weren't around back then.

Rainger

Reaction score
Since 1999, Thats 24 years if you are counting. Don't believe me, ask Aros. He is the found of this board. When he sold .Net alot of us lost thousand of posts. Actually I've got close to 15,000 post. Scince 2010 was after he got it back from scouts sports, but you weren't around back then.
I bow to your time on the board, I know you have been around I too was on the board under a different name, I then joined again in 2011 and then was off the board for almost 5 years.

But since 2010 when reactions are being counted for your current posts you have a score of 501 out of 4,460 posts. That is a fact. Number of posts is not the issue, how people like them and give you a like is.

The OP already has 6 likes over 3 posts he is batting 200%

We will drop this. I am sorry for getting my back up at you but I took your post and the subsequent one as so condescending to tell someone new wanting to share their thoughts that they needed to first be accepted by .NET as so over the top.

If you want to mention AROS I know he would have thought the same as me.

Chawker

Reaction score
Rainger, I don't have alot of likes because I don't care about them, I speak my mind and it will rub some the wrong way. I care zero about what people think of me,they are entitled to there opinions.

We had a good draft and I'm disappointed that we didn't address our run defense, but we can still change that.

Cheers

olyfan63

Reaction score
On the other hand, just being a group newbie doesn't meant that he/she couldn't process great football knowledge :) AND, he/she could be reincarnation of of a former member? Just saying lol.
Reincarnation, huh? Sure, plausible. John63, was that you submitting grades for the picks the Hawks got from the Russell Wilson trade? Being a Donks fan for the 22 season had to be a slow painful death.

Rainger

Reaction score
Reincarnation, huh? Sure, plausible. John63, was that you submitting grades for the picks the Hawks got from the Russell Wilson trade? Being a Donks fan for the 22 season had to be a slow painful death.
Naw John63 would never have made a positive post about the organization! But there is a Kailjag and a Kailjag31.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Likes and other immediate responses to threads were not possible until the most recent iteration of this board under Shaggy. Some of us have had a couple thousand posts with ne'er a like; they weren't, like, a thing.

I'd give us a solid A grade--we got significantly better in this draft, and maybe phenomenally so.