Cowboys to sign Greg Hardy (Seahawks out)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":hbee960o said:
man a lot of spinning now on why Hardy should be a Seahawk, I would remind you not to forget about your ol TE who raped half of the Pacific Northwest in Jeremy Stevens. There is just no reason to sign this fool. Seattle finally found an incredible way to build a team. They dont need to expend any energy on GH. I dont know who will take him, it may even be the Niners will all the losses " god i hope not" but this dude is bad news.

This is another OPINION being stated as fact, and although I assume you are not serious about "1/2 the PNW" you really should provide some proof if you are going to post an opinion of this nature. If you can't or don't want to provide proof, then say it's your opinion. This is especially important when you are talking about somebody committing a crime.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
According to Holder, “On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He dragged me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised [my] neck and back. Hardy screamed for his “administrative assistant” (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD.

1. If Holder’s account is true then Sammy Curtis would have been charged as well for holding her against her will and then pushing her down so hard that she had to crawl to the elevator.

2. According to Holder, Hardy was throwing her around like a rag doll, threatening to kill her, threatening to break her arms, choking her and had access to an arsenal of loaded weapons but he had to scream for Curtis to help him hold her down? This does not make sense.

3. Holder was truthful when she said that Curtis grabbed her from behind. However, this is more indicative that he was holding her back, not holding her down as she claimed. This is also in line with the 911 tape where Hardy said Curtis was holding her back from him.

4. Look at her words; she said that they took her from the bedroom, through the living room and to the front door, but she couldn’t escape. She never makes a single specific claim that she tried to leave the apartment but was prevented from doing so. It seems that she was trying to escape the hold that Curtis had on her, not escape from the apartment. She didn’t want to leave. Again, in line with Hardy’s 911 call.

5. Why would Hardy and Curtis call the police and then take her into the hallway and then push her down? Push her down so hard that she apparently could not walk to the elevator, but had to crawl. If she just wanted out of the apartment, wouldn’t they simply open the door and let her go at that point? More likely they had to push her back to keep her from reentering the apartment. Again, in line with Hardy’s statement on the 911 tape. She wasn’t afraid, she wanted back in the apartment.

6. How exactly does one “brag” about an assault rifle being loaded? I didn’t know that was a thing to brag about. A good chance that this was just something said by Holder to make Hardy sound as dangerous and formidable as possible.

And then there’s the no-show in court.

I'm not saying that Hardy is innocent on all counts, but if the guy is not a serial idiot and he’s a good team mate then give him a shot.

titan3131

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":mcipl37l said:
According to Holder, “On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He dragged me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised [my] neck and back. Hardy screamed for his “administrative assistant” (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD.

1. If Holder’s account is true then Sammy Curtis would have been charged as well for holding her against her will and then pushing her down so hard that she had to crawl to the elevator.

2. According to Holder, Hardy was throwing her around like a rag doll, threatening to kill her, threatening to break her arms, choking her and had access to an arsenal of loaded weapons but he had to scream for Curtis to help him hold her down? This does not make sense.

3. Holder was truthful when she said that Curtis grabbed her from behind. However, this is more indicative that he was holding her back, not holding her down as she claimed. This is also in line with the 911 tape where Hardy said Curtis was holding her back from him.

4. Look at her words; she said that they took her from the bedroom, through the living room and to the front door, but she couldn’t escape. She never makes a single specific claim that she tried to leave the apartment but was prevented from doing so. It seems that she was trying to escape the hold that Curtis had on her, not escape from the apartment. She didn’t want to leave. Again, in line with Hardy’s 911 call.

5. Why would Hardy and Curtis call the police and then take her into the hallway and then push her down? Push her down so hard that she apparently could not walk to the elevator, but had to crawl. If she just wanted out of the apartment, wouldn’t they simply open the door and let her go at that point? More likely they had to push her back to keep her from reentering the apartment. Again, in line with Hardy’s statement on the 911 tape. She wasn’t afraid, she wanted back in the apartment.

6. How exactly does one “brag” about an assault rifle being loaded? I didn’t know that was a thing to brag about. A good chance that this was just something said by Holder to make Hardy sound as dangerous and formidable as possible.

And then there’s the no-show in court.

I'm not saying that Hardy is innocent on all counts, but if the guy is not a serial idiot and he’s a good team mate then give him a shot.

HALLELUJAH SOMEONE ELSE USED THEIR BRAIN.

I wish the rest of the forum would research like this more then just watching the espn video.

Remember Brian Banks, he was falsely accused and ruined his life til recently.

I was initially against having hardy. I even gave my panthers friend shit about it last season. But now that the hawks are looking at him I looked into it more like Socal just did.

HER STORY DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!!!

The police reports say she has minor scratches ans small bruises... THATS CONSISTENT WITH PEOPLE RESTRAINING HER!

her story is full of holes, I beg you use your mind.

This woman was on cocaine and I believe is after the money.

MVP53

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":22nlbj0u said:
HawKnPeppa":22nlbj0u said:
Take your political posts (IE 'SEXIST!') to the political forum puhlease! :roll:
If I were accused of something I didn't do I would not pay the alleged victim to avoid a trial. A fair hearing would exonerate me and I'd sue the alleged victim for court costs, damages (lost wages, or potential wages), defamation, harassment, etc.

Ideally yes, but does the other party have the resources to pay your court costs and lost wages? I rather doubt it. You can sue for anything you want, doesn't mean you're going to get it.

In a case like this, probably more cost effective and quicker to just pay her off, make her go away, and focus on the upcoming season, rather than drag it out in court.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1pjeh043 said:
What Ray Rice did isn't even in the same category as Hardy. That woman is lucky to be alive. Hardy is as crazy and a bad of dude as there is in this league. I don't think he deserves to be on any team, let alone walking the streets. Guys as bad as him need to be locked up or put in a body bag. Having been around domestic violence before, I will go as far as to say if the Seahawks sign him, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be my new team.

By the sound of it, the accusations against Hardy have been completely debunked, and charges have been dropped. Otherwise I'd agree about him being out of the league.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
kearly":1bxjx895 said:
Tical21":1bxjx895 said:
What Ray Rice did isn't even in the same category as Hardy. That woman is lucky to be alive. Hardy is as crazy and a bad of dude as there is in this league. I don't think he deserves to be on any team, let alone walking the streets. Guys as bad as him need to be locked up or put in a body bag. Having been around domestic violence before, I will go as far as to say if the Seahawks sign him, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be my new team.

By the sound of it, the accusations against Hardy have been completely debunked, and charges have been dropped. Otherwise I'd agree about him being out of the league.

My understanding was that Hardy was convicted of the allegations in Carolina by a judge in a bench trial. Hardy appealed to have a jury trial, and because the alleged victim did not show, the case was dismissed. He was found guilty by a judge, but was found as "not guilty" on a technicality, not because evidence pointed to innocence

Though none of know for sure what actually happened, I do not believe we can say that the accusations were "debunked".

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1pz0xbnm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonPuckett20/status/577916797275406338[/tweet]

This is from Jason Puckett or Clarence Hill?

That's a pretty strong thing to report, that seahawks will match any offer from Cowboys on Hardy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1sry9i0z said:

This tweet almost seems more ridiculous than the Michael Bennett tweet. Pretty strong thing to say we will match ANY offer from the Cowboys.

MVP53

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3f42ssu2 said:
twisted_steel2":3f42ssu2 said:

This is from Jason Puckett or Clarence Hill?

That's a pretty strong thing to report, that seahawks will match any offer from Cowboys on Hardy.

That is what Clarence Hill was told and what he said in the interview with Puckett & Furness.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
This whole thing reeks to high heaven. I believe that Hardy is not without sin in this case, but I also think that his accuser was mostly just looking for a payday. Her refusal to show up in court for a jury trial, in light of accepting a settlement, rings loudly on my bullshit detector. If convicted, she could have still taken Hardy to the cleaners for everything he had in the civil courts.

I believe that she was probably sky high on cocaine, freaked out, caused a ruckus which Hardy utterly failed to properly deescalate, and concocted an elaborate story about being beaten and thrown on a bed full of guns. If true, it was a sinister tactic because who will believe that a guy who owns so many guns and hits people for a living isn't a raging sociopath? At the end of the day, the woman had no marks whatsoever on her, save for a broken nail, which could have happened when she allegedly struck Greg Hardy, or in the ensuing fracas (which would be on her if she struck first and Hardy used appropriate force to subdue her). Based on what I have read, Hardy was convicted in his bench trial based solely on the testimony of his accuser, and her friend (who took the 5th Amendment when asked if she was high on cocaine). How the judge came to a guilty verdict, I will never understand.

At the end of the day, I think his accuser and her friend (and possibly Greg Hardy as well) were coked out of their gourd, fueled the fires of a situation that was rapidly escalating, got pissed off and sought to seek revenge, then set in motion the events laid forth in the trial. For me, the final nail in the coffin is the fact that she admitted to formerly having a brief relationship with the rapper Nelly. She claims her pursuit of Hardy was never about the money, but c'mon, it's obvious she shows a pattern of chasing after guys with money to burn.

Atradees

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":2bynz0z5 said:
kearly":2bynz0z5 said:
Tical21":2bynz0z5 said:

My understanding was that Hardy was convicted of the allegations in Carolina by a judge in a bench trial. Hardy appealed to have a jury trial, and because the alleged victim did not show, the case was dismissed. He was found guilty by a judge, but was found as "not guilty" on a technicality, not because evidence pointed to innocence

Though none of know for sure what actually happened, I do not believe we can say that the accusations were "debunked".

This means not guilty. It could also mean no suspension because of no conviction.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":1alp5sup said:
I really dont think Hardy is a good dude...Im pretty sure the girl went for the money too...Do i want him in Seattle...YES!

Seems similar to what happen to Lynch in college.
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_5112983

This pretty much echos my thoughts. I really don't think Hardy handled the situation well. When a chick goes mental and starts hitting you, don't stick around. Save yourself by getting the hell away from the situation immediately. That said, I think he would be a great addition to our defensive line, and doubt we would hear a peep from him in terms of off-field issues.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1p2kuhdr said:
twisted_steel2":1p2kuhdr said:

This tweet almost seems more ridiculous than the Michael Bennett tweet. Pretty strong thing to say we will match ANY offer from the Cowboys.

Does that sound like the Seahawks? The Hardy stuff and the Bennett stuff is coming from the agent.

DJrmb

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1pl5pmed said:
SmokinHawk":1pl5pmed said:
This whole thing reeks to high heaven. I believe that Hardy is not without sin in this case, but I also think that his accuser was mostly just looking for a payday. Her refusal to show up in court for a jury trial, in light of accepting a settlement, rings loudly on my bullshit detector. If convicted, she could have still taken Hardy to the cleaners for everything he had in the civil courts.

I believe that she was probably sky high on cocaine, freaked out, caused a ruckus which Hardy utterly failed to properly deescalate, and concocted an elaborate story about being beaten and thrown on a bed full of guns. If true, it was a sinister tactic because who will believe that a guy who owns so many guns and hits people for a living isn't a raging sociopath? At the end of the day, the woman had no marks whatsoever on her, save for a broken nail, which could have happened when she allegedly struck Greg Hardy, or in the ensuing fracas (which would be on her if she struck first and Hardy used appropriate force to subdue her). Based on what I have read, Hardy was convicted in his bench trial based solely on the testimony of his accuser, and her friend (who took the 5th Amendment when asked if she was high on cocaine). How the judge came to a guilty verdict, I will never understand.

At the end of the day, I think his accuser and her friend (and possibly Greg Hardy as well) were coked out of their gourd, fueled the fires of a situation that was rapidly escalating, got pissed off and sought to seek revenge, then set in motion the events laid forth in the trial. For me, the final nail in the coffin is the fact that she admitted to formerly having a brief relationship with the rapper Nelly. She claims her pursuit of Hardy was never about the money, but c'mon, it's obvious she shows a pattern of chasing after guys with money to burn.

Or Hardy paid her to be quiet.

Sooo, then that would confirm what he originally said, she was in it for money...