Cowboys to sign Greg Hardy (Seahawks out)

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2tao9cjo said:
XxXdragonXxX":2tao9cjo said:
Hawk-Lock":2tao9cjo said:
Like I said, watch this video, and tell you if you want this criminal or not. I don't care if the charges got dropped, I don't want this cat on our team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJisZbcxv8

I don't see anything in that video that refutes everything I've seen to convince me that the allegations against Hardy were overblown.

He even called the cops on her and said she was hitting him and he needed help.

The lady who called 911 said he was "beating her ass" yet she didn't have a scratch on her except a broken toe nail. Sounds to me like at worst she got thrown into a bed full of guns and threatened.

Not saying he's completely innocent, but the claims that she's lucky to be alive after this monster beat her ass sound like bull to me.

The fact that he dragged her from the bathroom into the living room by her hair and then threw her on a couch of loaded assault rifles is beyond scary.

I think the scariest part is when he was allegdly choking her and asking her if "she is ready to die." If that is true, I don't want this sociopath on our team.

But like everyone has said, it is hard to decipher what is true. But what was alleged, is very scary. Ray Rice made a mistake in a split second. This sounds like he knew what he was doing. And what kind of cowardly man calls the cops saying that his girlfriend is kickign and scratching him, c'mon dude, your an NFL player.

If the allegations are true, yeah he's a psycho. However, her injuries (or lack thereof) are inconsistent with the story.

As for the last part, that attitude is exactly why a lot of times men get a raw deal in DV cases. Everyone believes the woman, and the man's claims fall on deaf ears.

marko358

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2zxbs9qa said:
As for the last part, that attitude is exactly why a lot of times men get a raw deal in DV cases. Everyone believes the woman, and the man's claims fall on deaf ears.

is this fact or anecdotal?

Basis4day

Reaction score
BlueBlood":pq63pxai said:
Charges were dropped. Crazy how accusations can derail a career. Having been in a relationship with an extremely jealous and accusatory woman I can speak first hand to the extent they will go to ruin your life. I got out, so did Hardy. He may or may not have crossed a line but he was in fact acquitted.

I think the nature of his court cases are getting overlooked.

Hardy was convicted in a bench trial. The accuser testified at this trial.

He had a right to a full jury trial after his conviction by way of an appeal. By doing so, his conviction was set aside.
His jury trial was dismissed predominately because the accuser refused to testify. By law, her testimony in the bench trial was inadmissible. He was never acquitted, the charges were dropped. Those are two completely different things.

Now, make up your own mind regarding the facts.

Basis4day

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":g89qcucw said:
Also worth noting that the judge for the bench trial was female.

Surely you can find out more information than that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Personally, I would love to hear what the Carolina Panthers community thinks of this guy. Any Carolina fans in here, or people from the Carolina area? We are all on the outside here, I'm sure people closer to the Panthers community have a better idea of who Hardy is.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sign him to a contract that has per game roster bonuses. No real signing bonus. If he does anything again, cut him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Probably neither were following the Golden Rule...."Do unto others as you would want done unto you". That combined with mind altering substances will always result in "unpleasantness". The question for us Hawks fans to decide is, "Do you want a person who treats the female sex with utter disregard?"

I think not!

titan3131

Reaction score
Until I have some proof that he actually did what she accused him of. He is innocent till proven guilty.

Him on our Dline puts us better off then clemons ever was in his prime.

FAP

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And it shouldn't matter.

Can he play football?

Would he help the team?

Is his addition a net positive from a value standpoint? (ie will the people who walk away because of his issue be offset by the people that will support the team because of the winning?)

Can the team afford him?

Are the short term benefits worth it?

What are the long term costs?

The entire case is apocryphal at best.

The one things I know for sure is that if we did get him, for every person who would refuse to cheer or watch...we likely have 2-3 people that will take their place. People love winners and they really aren't that picky about how winners win - so long as they do.

We all love high character guys, people we are proud to cheer for. But that is a bonus, not a requirement. People are just fine cheering on a dirtbag if they score enough TDs or make enough sacks.

The business of sports is requires winning.

Laloosh

Reaction score
The neighbor didn't say "she's beating HIS ass". When it's he said / she said and there's a third party, I tend to listen to what they have to say.

farhat

Reaction score
There are two keys to this decision: 1) What is the NFL's decision going to be 2) Do you believe this guys is going to clean up his life and not be a repeat offender?

With the first one, who knows if the NFL will tell Carroll and Schneider anything definite. And who knows which executive will be speaking. In the Adrian Peterson case, one executive told Peterson that he was going to be playing again last season. Obviously, that didn't happen.

With regards to the second issue, you don't want to sign this guy if you believe he has the propensity to get in trouble with the law. You don't want to waste precious cap space on a guy that can't stay out of trouble and is inactive for games all the time.

Hopefully, he is a changed man and we can give him a second chance. As one man said before, he who is without sin cast the first stone. We've all done things that we're not proud of. If Hardy wants to turn his life around, then we should all forgive him and just sign him to a 1 year deal.

vonstout

Reaction score
The talk on the radio was that Hardy paid her off, which is a crime in itself. I don't care if the judge was a woman. If her testimony was good enough to convict him in the bench trial, that's good enough for me. I've got a good friend who lives in Charlotte. I'll try to find out what the locals think.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Laloosh":2yjczk9d said:
The neighbor didn't say "she's beating HIS ass". When it's he said / she said and there's a third party, I tend to listen to what they have to say.

That wasn't a neighbor, that was her friend yelling into the phone as the building manager was on the phone with the police. The building manager said the lady that was yelling was clearly intoxicated. She also went from saying she heard it all to she saw it all.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 21739.html

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
vonstout":2dgntlgb said:
The talk on the radio was that Hardy paid her off, which is a crime in itself. I don't care if the judge was a woman. If her testimony was good enough to convict him in the bench trial, that's good enough for me. I've got a good friend who lives in Charlotte. I'll try to find out what the locals think.

Settlements aren't illegal. No evidence of bribery.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/incomi ... 22650.html

from the article

Several legal experts around town speculated that prosecutors spotted inconsistencies that prevented them from building their case around Holder’s former accounts. To enter an unavailable witness’s prior testimony and statements as evidence, prosecutors have “to vouch” for its truthfulness, said Charlotte defense attorney George Laughrun.

“If they’re seeing something in the evidence that gives them pause, they may have been placed in a ethical dilemma where they don’t want to vouch for their witness.”

Hyak

Reaction score
I have no idea what happened and it certainly seems like inconsistencies exist in the versions of Hardy and the accuser.

What I do trust is the judgement of PC and JS. If they end up bringing him in, I am confident that they are comfortable with him as a person.