Cowboys + Refs = Trouble

RunTheBall

Reaction score
LOL all the people blindly defending the NFL officiating on the 1st page haven't been seen on this thread since.

253hawk

Reaction score
Stafford underthrew the ball enough that it caused Pettigrew to slow up, which caused the DPI (a light tap on the shoulder pad, come on.) It wasn't even catchable unless a portal suddenly opens up in Hitchen's torso and the ball sails through.

Much ado about nothing unless you're a conspiracy theorist. I wouldn't even have a problem with that if it was against the Seahawks. Detroit had a measly FG all second half and shouldn't even have had Suh playing IMO. They were lucky to be in it to the end, in which they still had a chance and failed.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I was hoping that Dallas would win and I'm glad they did but wow were they the beneficiaries of some suspect calls. I have a hard time believeing the NFL wold instruct refs to influence games but man this game makes me wonder.
Blatant holding by their line uncalled and an unprecedented late reversal of a PI after it had already been called. I've never even seen that before.

Mick063

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1j9n210a said:
I was hoping that Dallas would win and I'm glad they did but wow were they the beneficiaries of some suspect calls. I have a hard time believeing the NFL wold instruct refs to influence games but man this game makes me wonder.
Blatant holding by their line uncalled and an unprecedented late reversal of a PI after it had already been called. I've never even seen that before.

Glad I'm not the only one that saw this. Holding on every passing down in the second half. Not some of the time, but every down.

chris98251

Reaction score
253hawk":3nhn1nht said:
Stafford underthrew the ball enough that it caused Pettigrew to slow up, which caused the DPI (a light tap on the shoulder pad, come on.) It wasn't even catchable unless a portal suddenly opens up in Hitchen's torso and the ball sails through.

Much ado about nothing unless you're a conspiracy theorist. I wouldn't even have a problem with that if it was against the Seahawks.

The defender wasn't even tracking the ball, push off and face guarding and a grab, three penalties really.

So it is a big deal if it was a Seahawk instead of a Lion trying to catch that ball and a flag was thrown at that point of the game.

253hawk

Reaction score
Face guarding isn't even a rule in the NFL, champ.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
253hawk":1nyc60ec said:

Much ado about nothing unless you're a conspiracy theorist. I wouldn't even have a problem with that if it was against the Seahawks. Detroit had a measly FG all second half and shouldn't even have had Suh playing IMO. They were lucky to be in it to the end, in which they still had a chance and failed.
You have to have your head turned around and make a play on the ball if your going to hinder the reciever like that. It was a clear interference because he did neither.If he had I would agree not enough to warrant a flag.
To overturn the call after the ref has already announced it is beyond bizarre and totally unprecedented and thats what makes me wonder.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":20mndnf4 said:
253hawk":20mndnf4 said:

Much ado about nothing unless you're a conspiracy theorist. I wouldn't even have a problem with that if it was against the Seahawks.

The defender wasn't even tracking the ball, push off and face guarding and a grab, three penalties really.

So it is a big deal if it was a Seahawk instead of a Lion trying to catch that ball and a flag was thrown at that point of the game.
This. Talking to a Whiner fan friend of mine and he didn't think it was a big deal. So I ask him, "if that's a Frisco receiver do you still feel the same way?". He's like..........LOL, well no. Uh huh, exactly.

253hawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure Wilson wouldn't throw the ball right into the LB's back.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
253hawk":3ik5pzqr said:
So on one hand your arguing the Detroit reciever couldn't even catch it (in earlier post) and then stating the obvious that he clearly could have if not for a defender impeding said recievers path to the ball without making a play on the ball. In fact had his back turned. Your not making much sense right now.

2_0_6

Reaction score
253hawk":2of6dfqx said:

Baldwin did this exact same thing a few weeks ago (Arizona?) and got a DPI called. It's not a rule with a grey area. If you don't turn around and track the ball as a defender & still make contact with the offensive player its a penalty.

if the penalty was never called that's one thing, but it's a completely different situation when you pick up the flag.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
253hawk":d9ecq97c said:

Wow!!!! Just wow. Dude in all my years of watching NFL football I've never seen a penalty announced over the PA then the flag picked up . That PI was blatant . And yes it changed the game IMHO . With that said I'm glad we are not playing Detroit but I love this game . I hate seeing it ruined with BS like that.

253hawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3w36p2dp said:
253hawk":3w36p2dp said:
So on one hand your arguing the Detroit reciever couldn't even catch it (in earlier post) and then stating the obvious that he clearly could have if not for a defender impeding said recievers path to the ball without making a play on the ball. In fact had his back turned. Your not making much sense right now.

If the defender isn't there, sure he can catch it. But it's not an x-axis problem, it's a y-axis one. There's no catching that ball in this universe if a defensive body is in the line of sight.

Don't over-think it.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3mifbixi said:

Probably should have been a no-call.

Did you include the receiver grabbing the defenders face mask and pushing off for separation?

OP
OP
ZornwasaleftY

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I thought so when I started this thread -

Now I'm 100% positive.

OP
OP
ZornwasaleftY

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I thought so when I started this thread -

Now I'm 100% positive.

253hawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1h189rxv said:
PFT made a good point: Dez Bryant ran into the field with his helmet off when the flag was first thrown. Even if you pick up the flag on the PI, Bryant should have been penalized.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uted-play/

Guess Earl Thomas should have been penalized for running onto the field with his helmet off after Beastquake 2.0, or even last season after he caused the game-winning fumble in Carolina.

It's not the most obvious thing to call; it's overlooked quite often.